Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology experiments

• 17-05-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips on studying the experiments? Keywords etc or the whole thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Try to understand what each reagent does. So for example, in the DNA extraction experiment, why did you add salt? What was the point of the washing up liquid?

If you understand what is going on, then you should find it easy to write about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You should understand what's going on. Systematically sitting down and learning the experiments is a lot harder than having a genuine comprehension of them. The best way I think is to read over the procedure and try to visualise it in your mind. Take note of any "special" features such as the correct way to lower a cover slip in a light microscope e.t.c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Exam questions, exam questions, exam questions....

Same goes for the whole course.

Tip; if you need to go to the book for an answer read the entire page the answer is on. 30 second quick revision. Much easier than saying 'I'm gonna sit down and read XYZ today'.

Made my LC classes do it on teaching practice, defo yields results :)

Advertisement