Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Tools

Options
  • 17-05-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Im looking to pick some second hand tools - things like bench top band saw, electric wood planer, bench top drill. Anyone have any ideas of where to get these?
    I've been looking all over the net at sites like donedeal, buyandsell, adverts.ie etc but cant seem to get them.
    I'm sure given 'the current climate' there are people selling tools etc but just can't seem to find them.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I have a chop saw and stand for sale good saw it can cut 4x4 teak no problem pm me if you want to know more Done deal is good also try gumtree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

There's often tools and related stuff for sale over on Adverts.ie from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ballinue

I have seen a lot of secondhand tools for sale at Clara Market but I would say you would want to check them first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

try and make sure they are legitimate. i lost 26k worth of tools lat year. robbed twice in two months. they caught the first thieves within twelve hours and the majority of the tools had already been sold. its hard to tell but try not feed the thieves.
    by the way i,m not saying all second hand tools are stolen.

• Advertisement

1chippy wrote: »
    try and make sure they are legitimate. i lost 26k worth of tools lat year. robbed twice in two months. they caught the first thieves within twelve hours and the majority of the tools had already been sold. its hard to tell but try not feed the thieves.
    by the way i,m not saying all second hand tools are stolen.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Bad luck. ****ing scumbags, it makes my blood boil when these fellas take tools and sell them on for nothing. Whats it get them? a night out while your left there with your livelyhood stolen.

Dont suppose you had insurance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

insurance wouldnt cover because said tools were insured as specific items. organised good insurance this year though. covers tools, public liability,product liability and pretty much everything.even when they are in the van and although a lot, its reasonable value i think at 2k.

I think fbd do the same, i think.

€2000 is not bad considering the cost of tools etc. I take them out of the van every day and lock them up in the shed. Its a bit much but Id be screwed if the went walkies.

Advertisement