Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Birmingham Match Thread

Options
  • 17-05-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

It's live on Sky ! Always a good session on the last day, any of the lads going over, enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It would be good to go out with a bang, but at the same time I've never had any issue with Birmingham and although we never win up there, we could well send them down. Glad to watch it and I hope to see some free-flowing, fast-paced play resulting in lots of goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Birmingham cost me €175 in an accume last week. Send them down Harry :)

In Reality I think we are going to go into this with one eye on the summer while Birmingham are fighting for their lives. I mentioned this on the other thread but I think Birmingham are a very generous 11/2, stick €20 on it and take the wife out.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I am travelling. Not sure if I am looking forward to it or not though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

WHL wrote: »
    I am travelling. Not sure if I am looking forward to it or not though

Enjoy it man. I love the last day of the season, as Hatch said its a great session. The Forum has had a meet up for the last 2 or 3 seasons and has always been a great day. Not sure what is happening this year as I am in Oz for the year and miss going to the Lane very much, oh well will be back for next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Enjoy it man. I love the last day of the season, as Hatch said its a great session. The Forum has had a meet up for the last 2 or 3 seasons and has always been a great day. Not sure what is happening this year as I am in Oz for the year and miss going to the Lane very much, oh well will be back for next season :)

I am looking forward to it but more as a day out than anything else sadly. Would have been great to be have a CL spot riding on the game but it is what it is at this stage.

Will have a pint for you anyway Donal;)

Regarding meeting up, not sure who is going but if people want to meet up drop a note here. Will be dropping into the volunteer with some Irish lads who are not on the board early doors, prob coach and horses to meet Ronan (TheRecklessone) and who knows where else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Enjoy fellas, always a great day in the Sun, always a great session.

I should be able to catch it on the box after the marathon.

Europa here we come !

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Enjoy fellas, always a great day in the Sun, always a great session.

I should be able to catch it on the box after the marathon.

Europa here we come !

Thanks Shane - good luck with the jog :D
    under 3 hours would be a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Only for the sake of those travelling would I hope for a good show and a good result. Otherwise, I couldn't really care to be honest. The season which promised so much has just left me with a depressed feeling, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mullo76 wrote: »

Will have a pint for you anyway

Cheers Mark, enjoy the day and COYS! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Lemag wrote: »
    Only for the sake of those travelling would I hope for a good show and a good result. Otherwise, I couldn't really care to be honest. The season which promised so much has just left me with a depressed feeling, tbh.

i felt the same until we beat the pool so comprehensively at anfield. that game really lifted the cloud . my work colleague is a huge pool fan and he was saying spurs midfield is years ahead of the pool midfield so it gave me great home that we have the spine of a class team and as harry says just need one or two more and ship out a lot of dead wood.

im even thinking that we can do well the europa league next season, lets face it, any trophy is welcome at the lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I am never any good at meeting up on my trips away. I have to catch up with the London branch of the family Tottenham Supporters Club so I never get any further than the corner of the bar counter in the Irish Club. About to head for the airport. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote: »
    I mentioned this on the other thread but I think Birmingham are a very generous 11/2, stick €20 on it and take the wife out.

Thats a good price. I'll stick 20 bucks on it and then take Mrs Ziedth out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Cudicini;
    Kaboul, Dawson, King, Rose;
    Lennon, Huddlestone, Sandro, Modric;
    Crouch, Defoe.

Strong Bench too
    Here are our subs this afternoon - Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, Corluka, Kranjcar, Jenas, Palacios, Pavlyuchenko.

As I expected really In our line up pretty happy with that couldn't drop Sandro and Rafa and pieenar are injured so logical changes made.

... interested to see how hudds and Sandro get on together in the midfield.

Rose has been brilliant. Excellent defensively and very good going forward too.

... interested to see how hudds and Sandro get on together in the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Poor enough first half.

My God, Wolves have bottled it. Can't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

tippspur wrote: »
    Poor enough first half.

We're playing great there playing 8 in the box though.

I really thought Wolves would hang in there today. I still think they might be ok but they need allot to go their way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Boom, lets put these fookers to the sword.

Cracking goal from Pav.

We might get someone to buy him now :)

That would've been goal of the season if Defoe could've put that in the net! Some run.

Get in!

And Wolves are out of the drop zone courtsey of Pav!

Squeaky Bum Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Does Huddlestone know theres a game on?

Sandro doing it on his own today.

Does Huddlestone know theres a game on?

Sandro doing it on his own today.

Agree completely. He's been absolutely anonymous.

Krancjar gets 10 minutes to sell himself in the summer.

• Advertisement

Jeez we're playing like we're happy with a draw FFS

Advertisement