Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terraria - 2D Minecraft!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Me and my friend got this on Monday. It's a brilliant game, seems to be more action and adventure oriented than Minecraft so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

It pretty good. Played it for a good bit but I haven't made much progress yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems like a cross between a rogue like and minecraft but with a more action orientated combat system. It looks like it could be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems like a cross between a rogue like and minecraft but with a more action orientated combat system. It looks like it could be amazing!

It much more forgiving than a rouge-like. When you die you only lose money and not items

Got another friend playing this, with all 3 of us we thought we could take down the Eye of Cthulhu. After several deaths between us and with 100 health left on the Eye, it turned to day and he fled :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Hey guys i am playing this myself its very enjoyable, i hated minecraft and i really like this, i was speaking to a guy last night and he is setting up a community for players etc id advise you to signup

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/worldofterraria

Keep diggin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bit the bullet and bought this. was a bit worried that it might have been released a bit early and therefore a little "rough". However it's actually very polished.

Worth the €10 anyhow.

The advantage it has over Minecraft is that it feels like it actually has a bit of direction. After the initial buzz of finding a few ores in Minecraft and building a crappy house had wore off it was almost TOO sandboxy. Terraria offers a bit more for the creatively stunted players :)

Pick it up guys. Let us know what you server you are on etc and we can meet up!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Can someone please try and connecting to my server so I can test if it's setup properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

Connected fine, nobody on tho

Cheers. Just making sure that it was accessible.

• Advertisement

We need to get a Boards.ie server once steamworks is integrated.

Definatly would be on for it, dont have the large scale time for big builds in minecraft at the moment, nice timesink for the evenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Downloading now after seeing a load of vids of it over the past few days. At first glance I thought it was 2d minecraft but theres so much more, you cant really compare. It looks like theres a real rpg aspect to it which I'm looking forward to. Cant wait to play it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Played a couple more hours of it last night. I think I'm enjoying it a lot more than Minecraft. After the novelty of the Minecraft world wore off there really was nothing holding me to it. With Terraria it always feels like I'm working towards something. Hopefully it'll see a lot more updates than the pathetic update schedule Minecraft gets.

Also for those of you want to re-size the Terraria window to a custom resolution grab this mod.

quarryman wrote: »

Also for those of you want to re-size the Terraria window to a custom resolution grab this mod.

Did they fix the problem with the Mana bar?

EDIT: It seems not yet, will still be using it though :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Any one have a server up?

My one should be running. It's not always up as it can only be run via steam and my server has a problem with steam it seems. Until they release a standalone version I'll run on my PC.

Just killed Skeletron with my friend :D

We got some decent loot in the Dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Ponster wrote: »
    My one should be running. It's not always up as it can only be run via steam and my server has a problem with steam it seems. Until they release a standalone version I'll run on my PC.

im in your house :pac:

Image of the map I'm hosting :

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?f11899t6jweml51

• Advertisement

i'm so hooked on this game. It's like everything i hoped minecraft could be but in 2d. Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Using that map, I got up to those floating islands fairly easily. I left a sign on one the islands to the west along with a sword

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

what equipment is everyone using?
    we could do a few boss runs...

Nerin wrote: »

Full Meteor, couple of Mana weapons (aqua scepter, magic missile) Cobalt Shield, Blade of Grass and Thorn Chakrum.

Looking forward to content theyre going to release in the future, they seem very happy with the release as a whole. Cant wait to start building elaborate structures!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nerin wrote: »

Wooden sword, pair of goggles..............

i haven't even come across gold yet. I've got am iron pick and sword but that's about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Anyone about? I'm trying to get down the the jungle area if anybody wants to join

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm holding out until they release a 1D minecraft-alike

• Advertisement

**** you Eye of Cthulu. Bastard caught me on the hop.

Advertisement