Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terraria - 2D Minecraft!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Kersmash wrote: »
    **** you Eye of Cthulu. Bastard caught me on the hop.

Yeah same here, just spawned on me while I was in a small tunnel!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I got the message and knew to expect him, so come nightfall i was ready! after a while he didnt seem to come so I went for a wander, the ****er arrives when im in a small tunnel too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats where that mirror yoke comes in so handy. Click, bam, back in my gaff. Hope down into the flat zone next to it and let rip with vilethorn.

Skeletron is the real cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Thats where that mirror yoke comes in so handy. Click, bam, back in my gaff. Hope down into the flat zone next to it and let rip with vilethorn.

Skeletron is the real cúnt.

Skeletron's a pushover once you get the Thorn Chakrum from the underground jungle.

spent ages hunting shadow orbs and battling eater of worlds last night. Got a full set of shadow armour and a load of equipment :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

fantastic game, stole about 30 hours of my life so far. Multiplayer is a thousand times more fun then the already great single player experience though!

Why must goblin invasions be so rare? I know a way to quickly run through a day/night cycle in about 20 seconds, yet they still take ages to happen. Even then, rocket boots are even more rare.

Why must goblin invasions be so rare? I know a way to quickly run through a day/night cycle in about 20 seconds, yet they still take ages to happen. Even then, rocket boots are even more rare.

There is a 1/25 chance of them happening, also someone in your game has to have over 200hp. Also rocket boots aren't all that great. they deplete your mana so fast that I prefer the cloud in a bottle.

I got 400hp and in my many hours of playing (30+) I have only gotten to see 2 invasions and about 5 blood moons.

Ohh also, the east is on the left in this game as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west :)

Limericks wrote: »
    There is a 1/25 chance of them happening, also someone in your game has to have over 200hp. Also rocket boots aren't all that great. they deplete your mana so fast that I prefer the cloud in a bottle.

I got 400hp and in my many hours of playing (30+) I have only gotten to see 2 invasions and about 5 blood moons.

Ohh also, the east is on the left in this game as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west :)

I heard it was a 1/15 chance. I have 180 Mana, Meteor Armour and 2 bands of Starpower, so mana is no problem :)

Only problem I'm having is it's a bitch to get working in wine, I got it almost working, then it says no supported graphics card found :(

No portable Terraria for me :(

I heard it was a 1/15 chance. I have 180 Mana, Meteor Armour and 2 bands of Starpower, so mana is no problem :)

Only problem I'm having is it's a bitch to get working in wine, I got it almost working, then it says no supported graphics card found :(

No portable Terraria for me :(

I might be wrong about the 1/25 chance but i could of swore it was. Even with all that equipment I think you will only get about 8-10 secs on the rocket boots before your drained.

Hehe, i think I read somewhere on there forums they are eventually going to make the game cross platform. Dont hold me to that though!

// just tried em with my cobalt armour and two rings of starpower and i got one second per mana star i had, so ten seconds altogether with 200 mana.

• Advertisement

I might be wrong about the 1/25 chance but i could of swore it was. Even with all that equipment I think you will only get about 8-10 secs on the rocket boots before your drained.

Hehe, i think I read somewhere on there forums they are eventually going to make the game cross platform. Dont hold me to that though!

// just tried em with my cobalt armour and two rings of starpower and i got one second per mana star i had, so ten seconds altogether with 200 mana.

Yeah, I hope they do make it cross platform, would require them to remake parts of the game though.

Does Cobalt have the 20% reduced cost set bonus or does it have another one?

Yeah, I hope they do make it cross platform, would require them to remake parts of the game though.

Does Cobalt have the 20% reduced cost set bonus or does it have another one?

they have a 25% reduced cost to mana and also regenerates it. Took me about 4 or 5 hours to find all 3 pieces of it though! Also has a swing speed increase bonus.

they have a 25% reduced cost to mana and also regenerates it. Took me about 4 or 5 hours to find all 3 pieces of it though! Also has a swing speed increase bonus.

Now I just want Cobalt even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Any way of getting a demo?

Any way of getting a demo?

None, unfortunately.

I suggest you look at some LP's on Youtube, these should help you decide if you want the game.

Now I just want Cobalt even more.

hehe I have spare grieves if you want em. wont be able to get em to you today though. Moving house and very busy!

hehe I have spare grieves if you want em. wont be able to get em to you today though. Moving house and very busy!

Nah it's grand, It'll be fun (ish) trying to get them from the UJ :)

Nah it's grand, It'll be fun (ish) trying to get them from the UJ :)

Fair enough, probably the right choice too. I started from scratch and am having allot more fun then the guys i helped out with gear!

Fair enough, probably the right choice too. I started from scratch and am having allot more fun then the guys i helped out with gear!

Same, I've got nearly 40 hours on this so far, friends have around 20, but I helped them with starting gear (mostly copper or iron).

I'm very determined to get these rocket boots still, there's a way to fast forward time in singleplayer, but it still takes hours for an invasion to appear.

Just had another Goblin invasion, 5 harpoon guns, no rocket boots.

• Advertisement

Just had another Goblin invasion, 5 harpoon guns, no rocket boots.

Ah that sucks! I don't think I have a harpoon gun. Then again I have about 30 chests filled with crap so I might haha.

Ah that sucks! I don't think I have a harpoon gun. Then again I have about 30 chests filled with crap so I might haha.

It's like my 11th one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

Its a tenner you muppet! Just poke orla till ten quid falls out :P

It's been about 30 days in game since the last invasion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Does anyone know if there's a map viewer that shows you the world that you've explored only? I want to see the parts I've visited but don't want spoilers on the parts I haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

How do you use the map viewer?
    Also any servers? Joined one I seen on the steam website and was constantly spawned killed. Can't start my own as I'm using a netbook.

Jet Black wrote: »
    How do you use the map viewer?
    Also any servers? Joined one I seen on the steam website and was constantly spawned killed. Can't start my own as I'm using a netbook.

You open the program, select your world file from your documents, and then select an output for the picture. You then click create.

map viewer is a bit of a cheat. I wouldnt use it as it would ruin the whole adventure side of the game. it's not like hearts are hard to come by anyway, or chests. there all over the underground jungle.

anyone got any tips on finding the underground jungle? Also, anyone know what the maximum your health and mana can be is?

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    anyone got any tips on finding the underground jungle? Also, anyone know what the maximum your health and mana can be is?

You can use a map viewer to find underground jungle, besides that, it can be anywhere (I even once got one slightly above ground).

Max health is 400, max mana is 200.

Advertisement