Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terraria - 2D Minecraft!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Must resist urge to start playing again...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Thats it, playing SP is crap, same as Minecraft, though i prefer playing Borderlands in SP. Terraria & Minecraft are community games and need to be played as such to get the full experience.

I totally disagree there, there's a whole lot to be gotten out of SSP Minecraft. Most of the fun I've gotten out of Minecraft has been in my own maps, carving out my house/farm/mob grinder/xp grinder etc. Not to mention redstone is very much a one person affair.

I'm also having lots of fun with Terraria in one player, though I have heard the end boss is pretty much impossible on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Playing some Terraria if ye want to jump in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm also having lots of fun with Terraria in one player, though I have heard the end boss is pretty much impossible on your own.

Which boss would that be?

I've found all the new bosses to be easily defeated if you are prepared. Just remember to use stat boosting items, Fight bosses in the right order and learn the basic tactics.

Edit: With regards to Terraria being a multiplayer game, Its not something i could agree with. Terraria is a limited resourse game, And as such every extra person playing will limit your advancement. 2 people playing? Ore is halved, 3 people? You only get 1 third etc. It requires exponential effort for the same result so is unlogical.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

As far as I understand though, your character can exist between multiple worlds, so you can collect as much ore etc as you want in a private world, then join the multiplayer world to build bases, fight bosses, PVP, whatever, but you aren't competing for resources in that world really.

Anyway, I'd be interested in playing on a boards server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Playing some Terraria if ye want to jump in

Where'd the IP go?

quarryman wrote: »
    Where'd the IP go?

not a server just my own pc and home ip address

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Which boss would that be?

I hear the Wall of Flesh is incredibly difficult. That's just what I've heard though, I'm new to the game so I'm only getting to grips with exploring, never mind the bosses.

The more I play it, the more little things where I go "that's where MC got the idea so!". Looking forward to the grappling hook in MC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 TMRevenant

The Wall of Flesh is actually quite easy to beat when properly prepared. I fought it my first time using Shadow Armour, a Phoenix Blaster (As I'd been to the dungeon and procured myself a Handgun), two Water-Walking potions and a handful of healing ones. You've just got to keep moving so it can't hit you, and that's where the water walking potion comes in handy. It works on lava, effectively meaning half your battle against hell itself is null, and you have a larger area to position yourself with.

Haven't played it too much recently but I've got a lot of the hard mode content done solo. Currently in the process of building myself a new fortress of some sort on a new world, though I wouldn't mind joining a multiplayer server if people could tolerate the fact I can faceroll most of the stuff in the game by holding left click.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

TMRevenant wrote: »
    The Wall of Flesh is actually quite easy to beat when properly prepared. I fought it my first time using Shadow Armour, a Phoenix Blaster (As I'd been to the dungeon and procured myself a Handgun), two Water-Walking potions and a handful of healing ones. You've just got to keep moving so it can't hit you, and that's where the water walking potion comes in handy. It works on lava, effectively meaning half your battle against hell itself is null, and you have a larger area to position yourself with.

Its even easier if a walkway is built, Just requires holding down the movement key and the attack key:D

• Advertisement

People for a quick game

79.97.132.91:7777

Back up today though wont be playing myself

Advertisement