Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish come dine with me.

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

anyone know anything about irish come dine with me?
    is it happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They've been fillmed and *should* be starting end of May I think? None of the contestants have been told when it's airing, I cannot WAIT to see it!!!

Just got an email from TV3:

"An announcement will be made shortly by TV3 in relation to the TX Run of this Programme.

Thank you for taking the time to contact TV3 , your feedback is genuinely appreciated."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Exciting stuff. I hope they've roped in a decent narrator for it. The guy from Channel4 makes it in my opinion.

diddlybit wrote: »
    Exciting stuff. I hope they've roped in a decent narrator for it. The guy from Channel4 makes it in my opinion.

Oh, he's defo doing it! I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

olaola wrote: »
    Oh, he's defo doing it! I can't wait!

Same guy?!? Awesome! Really excited now. Wonder if any boardsies ended up on it. Cheers for the info. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Yes David Lamb will be doing the narration

He's on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Therealdavelamb says some nice things about the Irish CDWM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Same guy?!? Awesome! Really excited now. Wonder if any boardsies ended up on it. Cheers for the info. :)

I love that guy! he def makes the programme!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Supposed to be starting in August.
    So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I hope its just the 1 long episode for all 4 nights. I hate it when they show them all 4 in a row and you end up watching stuff repeated countless times as they show what happened "last week" and what is coming up "next week".

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I hope its just the 1 long episode for all 4 nights. I hate it when they show them all 4 in a row and you end up watching stuff repeated countless times as they show what happened "last week" and what is coming up "next week".

It's 1 episode a night for 5 nights. There are 5 contestants for each 'week', which is my favourite way of watching them - you get to see so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sandj

cant wait, its one for the Sky +.
    anyone doing their own CDWM at home?

HAWT of the press, starting first week in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

olaola wrote: »
    It's 1 episode a night for 5 nights. There are 5 contestants for each 'week',
    seems it can be 4 or 5, weekly ones are 5 people. It was on twice the other day, the one with "weekly" episodes with 5, the other was a 1hour version with just 4 people so no repeating itself.

The 4 person one is called "primetime"
    Unlike previous series it would be aired in primetime and only feature four guests so that it could be aired as a single weekly hour-long episode. It is alternately titled "Come Dine with Me All in One"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Just saw my first add for it!!:eek::eek:
    All it said was comming soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

rubadub wrote: »
    seems it can be 4 or 5, weekly ones are 5 people. It was on twice the other day, the one with "weekly" episodes with 5, the other was a 1hour version with just 4 people so no repeating itself.

The 4 person one is called "primetime"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me

I think she means the Irish one will be in the 5-person/episode format :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

Good job its TV3 doing it and not RTE, otherwise bet it would have been Uncle Gaybo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Goody - we only have to wait until June - think I can just about manage to last until then.

Hopefully they have a few "characters" on it.

Anyone out there know of anyone who got picked ???

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Tinwhistle*

sandj wrote: »
    cant wait, its one for the Sky +.
    anyone doing their own CDWM at home?

I'm doing it in the next couple of weeks. We're meeting up soon (8 of us) to discuss the rules! I'm going with a Cuban theme with Salsa dancers in our pub later. Really looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I'm doing it in the next couple of weeks. We're meeting up soon (8 of us) to discuss the rules! I'm going with a Cuban theme with Salsa dancers in our pub later. Really looking forward to it :)

Sounds brilliant.

I can't wait for this to start :) Easily one of my fave programmes. Could watch it all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I think it's starting next Monday night 9.00pm, TV3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RubyK wrote: »

According to the tv guide on my tv box thing you are right.
    Cork, Day1. Five dinner party hosts compete to win €1000. Animal lover David hopes to wow his guests with a menu of seafood, chateaubriand and chocolate cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sandj

David Lamb interviewed on the Ray D'Arcy show.
    Not giving much away!!

sandj wrote: »
    David Lamb interviewed on the Ray D'Arcy show.
    Not giving much away!!

They had the press launch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

1966 wrote: »
    Goody - we only have to wait until June - think I can just about manage to last until then.

Hopefully they have a few "characters" on it.

Anyone out there know of anyone who got picked ???

I think people get confused with this show thinking that its a food show. I caught the original first show on TV3 way back and I couldn't help noticing how the first guests were mainly all foodies who like to entertain on a regular basis. Watching later shows the producers have moved away from the foodies except the odd food snob towards charactors they know who will grate on each other because car crash tv is always more entertaining and easier to write gags for. So the feminist with the guy who believes women should be seen not heard, the gay guy/girl and the homophobe etc

Cooking skills come way down the list on the UK version and I imagine they will follow the same formula for the TV3 version. Hopefully they hired the same gag writers for Dave Lamb on the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

RubyK wrote: »

Yeah saw that but surprised to see its only a half hour show...................unlike the UK version which is an hour long for a single chef per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

1966 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that but surprised to see its only a half hour show...................unlike the UK version which is an hour long for a single chef per night.

Uk isn't and hour per chef, it's half hour.

Uk has and hour show encompassing four chefs.

It's 5 chefs with each getting a half hour for their night

I realize chef is totally the wrong word to be using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I think I am going to wait for the omnibus and watch it all in one sitting... half hour show would wreck my head. Just as you are getting into it, i's over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Television forum has a thread on this here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056284475

Advertisement