If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UE40D7000 vs TX-P42GT30B

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I noticed that you stock both the

UE40D7000 and TX-P42GT30B on the main richersounds.com website.

Just wondering what you think would be the better option?

Regards,
    ctwomey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Thanks for the post.

I'm a big plasma fan, but that new Samsung is a stunner.

I suppose the main questions that I would have :

What are you going to be using the TV for ?
    Is the room bright ?
    Are you concerned about electricity consumption and running costs ?
    Do you have a sound system to go with it or are you relying on TV sound ?

Sorry this sounds like the Spanish inquisition but these are both good TV's and off the top of my head, I'd have to say that Samsung, but let me know and I'll see which I think suits you best.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ctwomey

Dave,

You probably think we are mad but it's going into our bedroom. We have just redecorated the room and are kind of spoiling ourselves.

It's a relative dark room in that it's on the North end of the house.
    It will be mainly used for watching SD and HD TV along with movies from our Media Server that runs on a Netgear NAS-DUO.

The odd time our 12 yr old will use it for his PS3.

Not too worried about power consumption as it will be off most of the day, however we were hoping not to have to add additional amps, speakers etc as we are trying to keep the wiring down to a minimal. Every room in the house has 2 x Cat5e and 2 x Coax (1 x DTT (Saorview) | 1 x Sat) so we dont want any external devices, cables etc. hanging down.

Regards,
    ctwomey

In all honesty, I'd go for that Samsung.

The Panasonic's are quite big and bulky compared to the Samsung and I don't feel that it offers anything over the Samsung except the sound is better but in a bedroom you generally are in a smaller room that tends to be quite quiet..........:o

The Samsung would look great in the bedroom, runs on less electricity and looks stunning on the picture front.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ctwomey

Dave,

I appreciate the feedback. I think I need to see the Samsung in the flesh now.

I did notice that the GT30 is significantly thinner than older models.

Just one query, on your website you have to pay extra for the 5 year warranty on the GT30 and D7000, but do Panasonic not already offer a 5 year warranty by default now on the GT30?

Regards,
    ctwomey

Hi Ctwomey.

Only some dealers are included in the Panasonic warranty scheme, not all.

Their warranty is also a return to base and not an at-home like our warranty is, so you would have to return it the point of purchase within their 5 year. We collect it from you, repair it and return it to you.

We got the 46D7000 in today and we'll be putting one on display, so if fancy a trip to sunny Belfast, we'll pay your parking !

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.