Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver/Grand Canal Theatre/20th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Nice one, can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Do people think this will sell out fast?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hjm12

how quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Just got tickets....3rd row! Woohoo!

• Advertisement

Pretty damn quick, there's a gap in his tour on the 21st so there might be a second night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Sold out already?!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Got tickets. Kind of annoying though, they shoved me up the very back corner of stalls. Was hoping for something a bit more centered. Probably would have preferred the circle

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

just got 4... :) where is row w on the stalls area?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

thegame wrote: »
    just got 4... :) where is row w on the stalls area?

The one behind me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Just got 2 aswell, row U in the stalls. Happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Scien wrote: »
    I hope so. Didn't have any luck this morning. Feckin' touts did though. :mad:

This stuff does my head in, the amount of gigs I missed out on even after being on the ticketmaster website for 10 minutes refreshing the page constantly only for them to sell out before I even get a chance to buy them is unreal...f**king touts! How do they manage to get them so quick?

Just checked that sellers ebay profile, they are located in America and all their previous stuff is for gigs in the states. They must have realised there is a big tout market over here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pretty damn quick, there's a gap in his tour on the 21st so there might be a second night

Not in Grand canal anyway, Jools Holland booked in. I doubt there will be one anywhere else as it will be going to Edinburgh for the Saturday.

http://www.grandcanaltheatre.ie/eventDetail.aspx?mid=188&eventId=154

I got three, all separate seats but delighted as I had totally forgot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

looks like more circle on sale, just got four beside each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

grr, missed this! didn't think it would sell out so quickly

ntlbell wrote: »
    grr, missed this! didn't think it would sell out so quickly

I was waiting at 9am and all I got offered were Upper Circle in the back right.
    Went back to look again and all gone.

Some demand for it.... or most sold beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

Thank you, touts of the Free State:

no links to touts thanks - lg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I didn't realise he was that popular.

Me neither, the last gig of his in Dublin i was at i heard someone in front of me remark "Is that Don Ivor on stage now?" Friend i was there with at the time was fit to hit him...

• Advertisement

The touts are big into their singer/songwriters these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

BOLLOX!! I have only remembered this now. Didn't think he would sell out this quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Electric Red

Any idea if an extra date can/will be added?

Any idea if an extra date can/will be added?
    It doesnt look very likely if the Grand canal is booked out the night after and he is playing in Manchester the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nuttyboy7

I don't know the capacity for the Grand Canal Theatre but clearly a bigger venue should of been used, I know its usually the bigger the venue it itsn't as good as a smaller one but there seems to be a lot of people like myself who missed out on getting a tic, love if Bon Iver were randomly announced for EP or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Do people know if this is an over 18s event...I got tickets for me and my brother and i saw nothing that said over 18s.Never been to the venue before so i dont know what there like.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭aas

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Do people know if this is an over 18s event...I got tickets for me and my brother and i saw nothing that said over 18s.Never been to the venue before so i dont know what there like.
    It's strictly over 18s. What ages are you?

Looks like you will have to sell me your tickets:D

Nuttyboy7 wrote: »
    I don't know the capacity for the Grand Canal Theatre but clearly a bigger venue should of been used, I know its usually the bigger the venue it itsn't as good as a smaller one but there seems to be a lot of people like myself who missed out on getting a tic, love if Bon Iver were randomly announced for EP or something!

Next biggest venue for this would be the o2 and while that might be cool the GCT is the best venue in town for his show.

More tickets will be on sale again just keep checking back. Also try toutless and the #ticketfairy tag on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

If new round of tickets went on sale (I know its so unlikely but I'm desperate) how would I find out?

Advertisement