Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very compact PMR446 radio

• 17-05-2011 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Hai lads, I'm looking to buy a pair of PMR446 radios but I want ones that are very small

I remember years ago Oregon Scientific did make a very small pmr radio, but nowhere to be found now. also would prefer if it runs off AAA's and not too expensive. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I like the look of that Dynascan AD-09

Finding a place to buy one seems to be hard though, all foreign sites that probably don't ship to Ireland or Uk.

Those yokes are actually more than I'd hoped for. 400-470MHz 2w should be able to program in some GMRS and FRS channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Now I thinking I might just buy a FT-60 if I can find one for a decent price around the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Daegerty wrote: »
    I like the look of that Dynascan AD-09

Finding a place to buy one seems to be hard though, all foreign sites that probably don't ship to Ireland or Uk.

Those yokes are actually more than I'd hoped for. 400-470MHz 2w should be able to program in some GMRS and FRS channels

2W in Ireland and programming channels? Only with a licence.

430 ... 440 MHz is Amateur band.

PMR446 is NOT GMRS/FRS (which isn't legal in Europe). PMR446 is 8 fixed channels, built in Aerial, CE mark and 0.5W.

The PMR446 is not legal* in USA as FRS is different frequency set and also a maximum of 0.5W.

(*It might be legal under a Ham licence in USA as USA HAM band is 430 .. 460 I think)

There are also other programmable channel higher than 0.5W UHF handsets that can be used with a Private Mobile Radio licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭shaunandelly

http://www.delboys446.co.uk/

A pmr resource

increased power and converting from fixed antennas to external are indeed all naughty......so is drinking after hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement