Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband

• 17-05-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

just a quick question.....got this today and the phone connection is in the wrong place for the computer thats going upstairs...right i can leave the broadband modem down where the connection is but the computer desktop is goping upstairs and obviously the lead wont reach from the modem to the computer

can i get an extended lead from eircom lets say

whats my options

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

just a quick question.....got this today and the phone connection is in the wrong place for the computer thats going upstairs...right i can leave the broadband modem down where the connection is but the computer desktop is goping upstairs and obviously the lead wont reach from the modem to the computer

can i get an extended lead from eircom lets say

whats my options

thanks

Firstly your issue has nothing at all do with Eircom.

Did you not think about this in advance or ordering?

I doubt if Eircom (or any isp) will dole out long ethernet cables but you could buy one or you could also buy a wireless dongle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I bought a 10M ethernet cable on ebay. It only cost €8 and works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djiffou

You can get cables over from the UK if needs be. I have the same set up and got a 15m cable from Amazon (another vendor through them).

Advertisement