Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCAD for dummies

Options
  • 17-05-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend any books/online literature that could help me learn to use AutoCAD. I learned the basics 4 or 5 years ago but haven't used it since. I think I could pick it up again reasonably quickly if I had something to refer to when I got stuck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

there is a book called AutoCad for Dummies and this book states that everything cant be covered in the book.Alot of practise and cad forums will help with specific problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Could anyone recommend any books/online literature that could help me learn to use AutoCAD. I learned the basics 4 or 5 years ago but haven't used it since. I think I could pick it up again reasonably quickly if I had something to refer to when I got stuck. Any suggestions?

Try here http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/index.php

I think that there are also some tutorials in the help files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robbiefat

Forget about learning cad from a book. the best way of learning it is by using it and as KAGY said to use tutorials. Also try and familiarize your self with the keyboard shortcuts as it will save a lot of time drafting.

Advertisement