Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V: Hawaii?

• 17-05-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Some supposed screenshots of a new gta game in development:

2802201119201.jpg
    2802201119221.jpg
    foto08052011123535.jpg

Take these with an obvious pinch of salt!
    I have new information about the next GTA. I'm in contact with a guy that works for R* he sent me these two pics. He also gave me more details.
    I know we're all waiting for a new Vice City game. But R* is starting something new.
    To keep it short :
    The next GTA location will be Honolulu, Hawaii. There will be more open land than in GTA SA. Some small islands arround O'ahu will be in the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Could be intresting, the sun would be nice after the grey-ness of GTAIV. Middle pic of the city looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I want it to be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Definitely looking towards it, especially if it's sunny as a previous poster said. It'll give it a nice Vice City-like feel if it's true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

This-looks-shopped-I-can-tell-from-some-of-the-pixels-and-from-seeing-quite-a-few-shops-in-my-time.jpeg

I did laugh at the Burger Shot one though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd like this to be true, so badly, I think the new and stylistic images that were present in Vice City need to make a return - there was too much realism and despair for my liking in later instalments lol

It would be incredible to see GTA5 set in Hawaii though

If you needed any more proof... Here's the background from the logo "screenshot":

http://freevacationshawaii.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Hawaii-Sunset.jpg

• Advertisement

On the source thread, one of the people replying posts;

These screens are obvious fakes that can be done in Photoshop with ease. The splash screen is simply a fan-made splash image that has been positioned against a photo of the persons TV screen, and the actual gameplay screenshot is taken straight from GTA IV, with blurred effects added using Photoshop to hide that fact. Both of these can easily be achieved via the use of PhotoShop.

Fact is, blur effects like that are only possible with a slow shutter speed using a DSLR camera, and you don’t need a low shutter speed when taking pictures of a television screen or else the screen would just look like a bright light in the photo.

Verdict: Fake.

I'd tend to agree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As much as I'd like it to be true, I'm always suspicious of people who take photos of the screenshots rather than just post the screenshots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Shame they're fakes (well the title screen for definite).
    I think Hawaii is a perfect set up for a new game, personally.
    Also the in game shot can't be from gtaIV as from what I can see there's not too many palm trees around liberty city?

Any chance we will get a surprise announcement at E3 from rockstar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

CMpunked wrote: »
    Shame they're fakes (well the title screen for definite).
    I think Hawaii is a perfect set up for a new game, personally.
    Also the in game shot can't be from gtaIV as from what I can see there's not too many palm trees around liberty city?

Any chance we will get a surprise announcement at E3 from rockstar?

Rockstar aren't attending E3.

Rumour has it that Rockstar are currently hiring people for the new GTA.

Another problem is that Rockstar North are believed to be tied up with Agent while also helping Vancouver with Max Payne 3. Also, GTA V is going to be a huge project. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in development already, by that I mean scripted etc. I think it's going to be based around Hollywood. But that's just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is being made since 2009. I don't think we will see it until the last year of the PS3/360 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Le King wrote: »
    I don't think we will see it until the last year of the PS3/360 :mad:

I don't think the PS3 is going anywhere for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Le King wrote: »
    Rockstar aren't attending E3.

Rumour has it that Rockstar are currently hiring people for the new GTA.

Another problem is that Rockstar North are believed to be tied up with Agent while also helping Vancouver with Max Payne 3. Also, GTA V is going to be a huge project. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in development already, by that I mean scripted etc. I think it's going to be based around Hollywood. But that's just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is being made since 2009. I don't think we will see it until the last year of the PS3/360 :mad:

I heard that Take Two Interactive will be at E3 unveiling a new game possibly GTA V

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

people saying Hawaii would be a good place for a GTA? What with all the famous gangs and crime cartels there? It would suck ass tbh. I immediately thought of Vice City when I seen the 'screenshots' and it would make sense logically that that is where they'll go next considering they've done it twice before...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

a close to scale hawaii ..... wud be cool just because you would feel like you have no boundaries .... i dont thik we will see 5 till t least 2014 .... tbh i wud be more than happy if San Andreas got a facelift and re release

Advertisement