Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Repair Needed

Options
  • 17-05-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I've read through the repair sticky but none of the guys offering services are offering a PS2 repair, so I'm popping up a thread in the hope someone can advise or PM me. It's the 'Disc Read Error' that I'm getting, takes a while to read a disc and won't read all discs.

Any advice would be great, and hope this is ok with the mods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The PS2 laser needs to be replaced. Different lasers for different PS2 models, and even then it might not be a cost-effective repair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is there pots on a PS2 laser I think there is might just need a simple tweak to fix the disc read errors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

There are pots, but in my experience once you have to go tweaking them the laser isn't long from death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Found a guide online after that - adjusting the laser. I'm trying 15 different laser setups, half way through but so far it's gone from not reading any PS1 or DVD discs and very few PS2 discs, to now reading most PS1 discs, and most PS2 and DVD discs. Not too bad! :) quite easy too.

Advertisement