Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with new sky + hd box

• 17-05-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I just picked up a new sky hd amstrad box for 50 euros

I am wondering how do I pick up the free to air cls on it because I will not let me go into other cls on the box with out a sky card

At the moment I am only picking up BBC one two and hd on the box but no e4 c4 or more 4 also no itv 1 to 4

I am using it as a free to air box so what can I do to get the cls ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi guys I just picked up a new sky hd amstrad box for 50 euros

I am wondering how do I pick up the free to air cls on it because I will not let me go into other cls on the box with out a sky card

At the moment I am only picking up BBC one two and hd on the box but no e4 c4 or more 4 also no itv 1 to 4

I am using it as a free to air box so what can I do to get the cls ?

I reckon you would have to get a UK Sky freesat from Sky card. That would get you Channel 4, 5 hd along with BBC one hd an da few others also. YOu technically need a UK address to have a UK FTV card but there are ways to get it just do a search on the forums and you will see. They cost approximately £25 or anythin from that to €60 from a third party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So where can i get one of the cards ? ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So where can i get one of the cards ? ebay

Have you relatives in England? If so,get them to order the card,they don't have to be a Sky subscriber as Sky will send up to 4 ftv cards to one address.
    A good few posters here have done it this way.
    Or try this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055800625

zerks wrote: »
    Have you relatives in England? If so,get them to order the card,they don't have to be a Sky subscriber as Sky will send up to 4 ftv cards to one address.
    A good few posters here have done it this way.
    Or try this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055800625

Will that work and how long will it take to get and can i not just go buy one on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Will that work and how long will it take to get and can i not just go buy one on ebay

No guarantee the one from ebay will work or even be the right one,a good few people have been stung this way.Best to do as I originally suggested-at least then you know the card is legit(and cheaper).
    It usually takes about 10 days or so to arrive.

• Advertisement

Ya i went for the Sky way and i put in my address for it and a BT postcode

So i be looking at 10 days before i get the card thats ok anyway

But i am still wondering how the guy i got the box form changed the lnb to the one where you can put 8 wires into fitted my box and the sky box for 80 euros when the lnb costs about 80 euros by it self considering last year i payed 50 euros for the sky hd box just to plug it in from sky

Advertisement