Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/

Basically just wanted to start a thread seeing if you're happy with this deal and what games you'll be downloading.

I feel that this is actually quite a good free!!!! deal and I'll be definitely downloading Dead Nation but can't decide between Ratchet and Clank and Infamous.

The poll above is for the 2 free PS3 games

What games will you get? (pick 2) 495 votes

Dead Nation
    0% 0 votes
    Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
    33% 165 votes
    Wipeout HD/Fury
    16% 80 votes
    LittleBigPlanet
    29% 145 votes
    Infamous
    21% 105 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Have 4 of the 5 , but the psp deal is good. Dead Nation is a brill game by the way with excellent coop. Might take littke big planet ( and trade in my retail ) and ratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

It is a good list of games to choose from.

I am gonna pick Infamous & Dead Nation as I already own the other games. Still tho, not gonna complain with getting 2 quality games for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Infamous and after a lenghtly gametrailers/youtube analysis I'm thinking Wipeout HD. Dead Nation looks meh, like that arcade game you got free with Black Ops. Bit too old for Ratchet & Clank's demographic. LBP looks like effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Having only got a ps3 recently, I have none of these games, but I looked at gameplay vids and cant decide.

LittleBigPlanet - Looks boring, and has really short game time.
    Infamous* - Looks the best of the lot but dont like 3rd person games
    Wipeout HD/Fury - I remember playing something like this in 1995!
    Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty - Looks repetitive and awkward.
    Dead Nation* - Get a headache peering into the dark like doom3.

Can any owners help me decide and give me gameplay reasons?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Will certainly go with Wipeout and more than likely Infamous. Dont have any of them so Im happy enough with the deal......just happy to be back online really!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

From comments on some of the other thread I’ll be definitely getting Infamous.
    A lot of good reports on Wipeout – I had it on the psp a while ago and wasn’t that impressed.
    Is it much better on ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Conor108 wrote: »
    LBP looks like effort.

:confused:
    earlyapex wrote: »
    LittleBigPlanet - Looks boring, and has really short game time

No, no it doesn't... considering there are roughly 3 million levels....

You seem to judge games too quickly. I recommend Little Big Planet. One of the best platform games to come out in a long time, only to be surpassed by LBP2.

For me:

Infamous: was gonna get it when it came out but never bothered...
    Ratchet and Clank: loved all the other ones, so ill probably love this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Having only got a ps3 recently, I have none of these games, but I looked at gameplay vids and cant decide.

Thanks.

Maybe you shouldn't have gotten a PS3 then :confused:
    You don't seem to like any type of game....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thanks.

LBP : If a never ending game is short then yes your right
    Infamous : Prob best on the list.
    Wipeout : Yip that was prob Wipeout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Thanks.

Wow.....such a wide variety of genres in these 5 games and you think they are all bad? Well good luck trying to find a game you like........

I own LBP, Wipeout & Ratchet and clank, and can honestly say they are all excellent games.
    LBP is far from boring and the game time isnt really that short. It is fun and challenging, plus you have 1000's of user created levels to try. Yes, it is outdone by LBP2, but it is still worth playing if you dont already have it.

Wipeout HD is a remake of the 1995 PS1 game and it is unreal. It looks amazing on a prpoer HD TV. Also, it is the Fury expansion pack you get as well, so youre getting the original Wipeout HD game, plus the Fury add-on.....FREE

Ratchet & clank - it's a cartoony platformer. It is what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Think ill take infamous and Ratchet and clank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Korvanica wrote: »
    :confused:

Ok it looks fun but honestly I can see myself getting bored of it quickly, and making levels looks time-consuming. I don't know, maybe I'm judging it too harshly and I need to experience it first or something. MIGHT get it but at the moment, Infamous & Wipeout

Think its a smart move for the developers who are allowing their games to be downloaded for free. Allowing potentially millions of users to play their titles will surely increase sales on future games, providing the free download is actually any good of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

So we all get these?
    Is there a timeframe on claiming?
    I'm away from my PS3 until Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Owning 3 of those already I'm not left with much choice but to go for Wipeout and Ratchet and Clank... not too disappointed as I didn't expect to get anything out of this.

Plus it's R&C, who could be unhappy with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have 4 out of the 5 already. The one I don't have is Dead Nation and I'm not too bothered about getting it. If I didn't have the others it would be an amazing deal. LBP, Wipeout HD, Ratchet & Clank and inFAMOUS are all great games.

Wow. So far off the mark. Great story mode plus millions of free user created levels to enjoy.

Not sure if you meant that statement to read as a negative. Wipeout HD is the best racing game on the PS3.

DeadParrot wrote: »
    So we all get these?
    Is there a timeframe on claiming?
    I'm away from my PS3 until Saturday

You have 30 days to redeem once the "welcome back" scheme goes live

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Had a look at reviews on youtube and that Ratchet and Clank game isnt a full game. Its only a 2 to 3 hour add on for one of the main games. Dosent seem that worth while. Probally get Little big Planet and either Wipeout or Dead Nation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only one I'm interested in is Wipeout which I already own and love.

Little Big Planet I feel I got everything I wanted out of it from the Beta.

Dead Nation I've no interest in.

Didn't like Ratchet and Clank,the demoseemed really derivative.

Infamous again,I'm burnt out on open world games and what I played was a bit mediocre.

Ratchet and Clank and Infamous then although I won't be surprised if I don't play them.

Really regret not having a PSP account before it went down :)

Out of curiosity, is it two titles per consoles or per account? I have two registered accounts on my PS3 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

steve_ wrote: »
    You have 30 days to redeem once the "welcome back" scheme goes live

Does that include the ps plus offer as well? Would you get different content if you waited til the end of the 30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

From the PS3:

I will take Infamous to see what the fuss is about and probably Dead Nation (I have LBP on disc and never play it whilst I have Wipeout HD - not sure about Fury)

For the PSP:

I will probably take Killzone Liberation and not sure what to take from

- Modnation
    - LBP PSP
    - Pursuit Force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Probably going to pick Ratchet and Clank and either Dead Nation or Wipepout.

I've no interest in LBP (which i had a feeling would be in the list) and already own Infamous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anyone who has a ps3 and a hdtv and hasn't played wip3out HD on it is seriously missing out. The graphics are the best I've ever seen on a console and the sense of speed once you crank it up a bit is amazing.

Probably get LBP and dead nation myself, have infamous already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The only ones I don't have are Wipeout and Dead Nation, been wanting both of them for a while so happy days. For PSP the only one I don't have is Modnation, and it's not great if the PS3 version is any indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probaly inFamous and Dead Nation, even though I am sick of the whoe "twin-stick shooter" genre as is. Dont really like the Wipeout series, got bored of Ratchet & Clank half way through Tools and if I got LBP would just sit there with no idea what to build.

So 2 free games for the loss of a service I didnt miss.....I wont complain :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Is the store down for anybody else?,it says it's under maintenance for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The store won't be back until the end of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

I just looked up INfamous on youtube, It looks brill - anyone play/own this gamne already?! I dont know why i dont have this game already.The reviews where nothing but positive either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

can we not downldo 2 on our main acocunt then on other accounts download 2 then another on a 3rd account ?

doubt it but worth the ask..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement