Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GothPunk wrote: »
    The guy who answers questions on the PS Blog seemed to genuinely not know when it'll be back up. My guess would be next Wednesday (25th), but we do know that it'll be up by the 31st.

I'm sure Sony want the store up asap as they're surely loosing money every day that it's down, so hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later. This whole ordeal has surely taught us that when Sony say 'shortly' they really mean a week. :pac:

They did say that the store will be updating multiple times during the week to catch up on the backlogged content, so if there is something that you're waiting on to buy it may not go up in the first store publish.

Thank you again.

My bad for small thickness in last post. Too much **** on my mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I think most people who don't own InFamous are going to pick that one. I'm getting that and probably Ratchet and Clank with it.
    I'm sure Sony will let us know as soon as they can so we can get these game downloads started.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Have infamous and little Big Planet already on Disc but my PS3 laser bummed out so gonna get those two again so i can just play them off the HDD. Psyched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

keithc83 wrote: »
    I think most people who don't own InFamous are going to pick that one. I'm getting that and probably Ratchet and Clank with it.
    I'm sure Sony will let us know as soon as they can so we can get these game downloads started.

I was thinking about those 2 games myself. I newer played infamous so it would be perfect for me now. Is that ratchet and clank is a last sequel to main story? Or is it that 4 people coop one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dead Nation. I already own the rest :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Quest for Booty is a small game set between Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, my friend says its a bit disappointing, only about 2 or 3 hours long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

After reading the thread ill go for infamous and dead nation.

Ive completed two Ratchet and clank games, one PS2 and one PS3.
    I already have LBP.

Dead Nation mainly for co op with the missus.

I dont have wipeout though, tough choice as it would look good on my 47 inch LED tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Wanna pick LBP, but im afaid that it's too kiddie for my liking... :rolleyes: Sony should have atleast add MAG, Warhawk & Siren: Blood Curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Have LBP (great game, mad to miss out on it if you dont have it), cleared Infamous last year and R & C is apparently only 3/4 hours long, so will get Dead Nation and Wipeout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Conor108 wrote: »
    Bit too old for Ratchet & Clank's demographic.

The "people who like having fun" demographic?... Didn't think there was an age limit on that.
    It is a little on the short side though... You'd be better off with one of the more fully fledged games on the list

Don't think I'll be rushing to upgrade from 3.55 for any of those games anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I'm extremely disappointed with the five games as I have all of them already. Perhaps your poll should have included a 'none of the above' option??

Sony should have given us store credit. These five games are old and very cheap if you buy on disk. Then again, I'm more of an xbox 360 user so wasn't really put out too much by the outage. I am a playstation plus subscriber so I appreciate the 1 month free but feel that's also a bit stingy!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

am not sure yet. i want to get the ratchet and clank (as i have the two either side and whatnot) but am a bit disapointed to hear it is only 3/4 hours long. that might bother me a little (and yes i know it is FREE but still)

then was considering little big planet. think i might go and play the demo again and see if i want it. then if i do get it i'll have to think about getting lbp2.

i vaguely remember wipeout for ps1, infact i am pretty sure i still have it around here somewhere. was never a massive fan of racing games tbh tho (the only ones i actively bought were the likes of mario kart and crash kart etc).

can anyone clue me on inFAMOUS? don't know anything about it?

so am still making up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

hdowney wrote: »
    can anyone clue me on inFAMOUS? don't know anything about it?
    There's a 25 minute Quick Look on GiantBomb that should give you an idea of what to expect. Basically it's a third person action game set in a sandbox city and the protagonist has superpowers. He's not a super hero however, just a guy with powers as a result of an accident. You can either play it good or evil and your powers develop based on that. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm just wondering is there any point in getting LBP because i plan on getting LBP2 at some stage.

What do people think?

I'll get Dead Nation anyway and it's between LBP & R&C as I have/had the others.

another question.

obviously whichever games we choose will download to the hdd of the ps3. is there any way of getting them off of there.

what i mean by this is, like when you borrow a game on disc off your mate, is there any way to lend your mate a game you have downloaded or will they have to download them for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

hdowney wrote: »
    another question.

obviously whichever games we choose will download to the hdd of the ps3. is there any way of getting them off of there.

what i mean by this is, like when you borrow a game on disc off your mate, is there any way to lend your mate a game you have downloaded or will they have to download them for themselves?

No I'm afraid you cannot... you have to buy your own DLC and your own games. Otherwise, if you 'share' your content, that would be known as 'game sharing' and is illegal...

aaronh007 wrote: »
    No I'm afraid you cannot... you have to buy your own DLC and your own games. Otherwise, if you 'share' your content, that would be known as 'game sharing' and is illegal...

DLC? bugger. may have to hope then that said friend wants to get two completely different games than me. then i can play those two on his machine and he can play my two on mine. however said friend may not even realise that there are free games to be had. he hasn't been affected as much as most by the psn being down, he rarely connects to it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Haven't played any of the games before. But after reading this thread and having a quick look I think I'll definitely get Wipeout, and its between Dead Nation & Infamous for my 2nd one. Leaning towards Dead Nation as its two player co-op, but still undecided. I know a lot of you saying LBP is awesome, but really doesn't look like the type of game I would invest much time or effort into. Generally play online or co-op with friends so think Wipeout and Dead Nation be the best fit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

theUbiq wrote: »
    I am a playstation plus subscriber so I appreciate the 1 month free but feel that's also a bit stingy!

:(

2 Months free, if you're already a PS+ subscriber, you get the 30 days that everyone else gets plus 30 more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period.
    Does that mean you will no longer be able to play the two free games you download after the 30 days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No, the two games you choose from the 5 are yours forever and ever. Only the stuff you get from Playstation + dissappears after the 30 days are up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Will take dead nation for sure as I don't have that already , not sure what the second download will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Wipeout was fun on the original PlayStation, why do you think the PS3 version is **** Brian?

I think I'll give Ratchet and Clank and LittleBigPlanet a go. Not interested in dual joystick shooters or racing games, and I already have inFamous.

If you've not played inFamous, it's great fun. It's like a more polished version of Prototype, which came out at around the same time. The sequel is coming out soon, so it might be a worth playing through for the story at least.

I've seen a good few people say it's the best racer on ps3 and I just can't agree with that. Plus I don't like it so therefore it's #### in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Any of the free games 3D ready ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just Wipeout HD according to Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

loved the sound of dead nation till i looked up the gameplay on youtube,looks absolutely dire.
    Infamous looks cool,but after that seems kinda slim pickings.
    LBP doesn't seem like my kinda game at all,might just have to go with Wipeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

I'm completely torn between Dead Nation and Wipeout HD :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering is there any point in getting LBP because i plan on getting LBP2 at some stage.

What do people think?

I'll get Dead Nation anyway and it's between LBP & R&C as I have/had the others.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Just pick the two most expensive ones, which are Infamous and Wipeout HD. Anyone have a clue when the PS store will be back up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone?

Little Big Planet is a full game, and a better game, than R&C which is just a shorter version of the two full retail games.

LBP also has thousands of user-created levels, is one of the best fun (rather than serious shooter type games) multiplayer games since the N64 and has a great story mode for up to 4 people, that's still a blast alone. It's one of the best PS3 games full stop, and 2 has a lot of different stuff, so it's worth owning both. Oh and the soundtrack is excellent.

I might be a fan. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement