Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

I'll be getting infamous for certain. I looked Dead Nation and it looks like the kind of game that gets repetitive quickly. Is that the case? I have LBP and the other two really aren't my cup of cha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

LBP and Infamous, easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

inffamous and wipeout for me - 2 games i wanted to get but never got round to it!

loverly!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

InFamous and Wipeout HD for me. Been meaning to pick up InFamous for a while now.

Have Ratchet and Clank and LBP. Dead Nation doesn't really appeal to me at all to be honest.

Easy choice for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i will also be getting infamous and wipeout fury. wanted to get these two for a while so works out well for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Definitely InFamous, despite the fact I've already beaten it. Loved the game.

If Rachet + Clank was the full game, I would but I'll probably go for Dead Nation or maybe Wipeout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

If I have multiple Ps£ accounts pre "great hack of 2011" can i get 2 on each accout?

also, hate to be german
    For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
    For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

the germans really do seem to have gotten the sh!tty end of the stick!

according to something i read today the psn will be back on the 24th of may. pls god. and they will do several updates over the next week from that to get all the content up that should have been uploading weekly since it went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont have any game on the list so I'll be taking LBP and I will probably go with either Dead Nation or InFamous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm still playing on a 40gb PS3, had it since release and it's never let me down.

How big are the files to these free games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm still playing on a 40gb PS3, had it since release and it's never let me down.

How big are the files to these free games?
    Infamous and lbp are both over 6gb iirc, so good luck with that! Wipeout and R&C are smaller, but still not all that small!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Uh oh, that's a quarter of my cap gone for the month then. Damn Vodafone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Is it not possible to get all the game by logging into a different account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Infamous is a must.

Cant decide between lbp and wipeout,i have wipeout but really want the fury pack:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Uh oh, that's a quarter of my cap gone for the month then. Damn Vodafone :mad:

You could d/l one this month and the other next month. You have 30 days to get them.
    Also, I think if you d/l and then cancel straight away, it'll show up in your downloads as owned - open to correction on this.
    Fol20 wrote: »
    Is it not possible to get all the game by logging into a different account

If the accounts were active before the outage...maybe. We don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Hi can anyone advise me on what 2 games to pick, I have Infamous and Ratchet and Clank already on disc, and I already have played through all of Little Big Planet, so what games would people suggest to get? Are Infamous and Ratchet and Clank discs worth anything selling or trading in anymore? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Was gonna buy Infamous when I got my PS3 in Jan 2010 as it looked class. The demo put me was off though so I definitely won't be getting it.

LBP and Wipeout methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Dead nation and infamous methinks.

never liked the wipeout games.Wratchet and clanks is a bit meh and LBP is one seriously over rated platformer.

Any news on when the store will be back up or is it a case of its up ewhen its up?.(sorry if it was posted earlier in the thread,dont have the time to read it all:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    You could d/l one this month and the other next month. You have 30 days to get them.
    Also, I think if you d/l and then cancel straight away, it'll show up in your downloads as owned - open to correction on this.

This works as said, tried it with the Fallout DLC a while ago when that was free. Tried to download and cancel then get it when you're ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Dead nation and infamous methinks.

never liked the wipeout games.Wratchet and clanks is a bit meh and LBP is one seriously over rated platformer.

Any news on when the store will be back up or is it a case of its up ewhen its up?.(sorry if it was posted earlier in the thread,dont have the time to read it all:o)

I think it's supposed to be back on Tuesday the 24th.

Will it be possible to download demos/trial versions? I'm definitely getting Infamous, but undecided on the second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Have infamous great game so I'd recommend that. Ill go for wipeout and ratchet have the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

For me, PSP minded, I'd pick up Killzone and ModNation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 recentvintage

My disc reader just broke and Sony won't be doing anything about it so i reckon I'll choose the two longest games! Infamous and littlebigplanet I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

InFamous and Wipeout for me! Was a fan of wipeout on the PS1 but never got around to getting the HD version. Will get InFamous because I thought the demo was pretty nifty.

What's the story with claiming these? I got an email from sony saying that my station account was topped up with 45 days worth of play time. I thought this odd since I haven't played a Sony MMO since I trialled that FPS game that I can't remember the name of years ago...

Do we get an email before or after we change passwords? I've been away for a few weeks but will be back home on Thursday, was planning to do it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

The Infamous demo wasn't good, I've played various R+C's to death and LBP isn't my thing.
    So having had time to think about this I'm going to get Dead Nation for its co-op online play and Wipeout on the recommendation of others posters.

P.S anything I said before about Wipeout was based on my impression of the game when I played it once on ps1 which was a long time ago but I'm willing to try it again however if it's as s##t as I remember then you'll know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I didn't much care for the infamous demo, but then loved the full game, so it still may be worth a shot if you don't think the options are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Just wanted to ask a question and didn't think it warranted it's own thread.
    Am I right in saying that the PSN store is back online tomorrow?
    If so when are the free games available?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

With the store reportly going back up at some stage tomorrow, do ye think will get our welcome back games straight away?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

With the store reportly going back up at some stage tomorrow, do ye think will get our welcome back games straight away?

I don't know but since I have two PSN accounts I'm going to have invest in a new memory stick pro duo. I hope they have Final Fantasy VI on PSN. It was due for release just before the drama happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement