Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I don't know but since I have two PSN accounts I'm going to have invest in a new memory stick pro duo. I hope they have Final Fantasy VI on PSN. It was due for release just before the drama happened.

Final Fantasy VI is coming to PSN?? I can't wait! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Final Fantasy VI is coming to PSN?? I can't wait! :)

Yep. It's the PS1 version from FF anthology. I got FFV just before PSN went down. The release dates here are messed up. It says FFV only has a Japan release but it's been out on EU PSN for over a month so I'm guessing it will be the same with FFVI. The PSP versions of FF I and FF II were released for a tenner each not long before the system went down too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics_A-K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Dead nation has a new patch up, 1.03 its 182 mb in size and its meant to be for future dlc. ( total of 229mb of patching since launch for those getting it )
    Sony know what games to give out for free alright, they'll be hoping for further revenue from its dlc now.

Yep. It's the PS1 version from FF anthology. I got FFV just before PSN went down. The release dates here are messed up. It says FFV only has a Japan release but it's been out on EU PSN for over a month so I'm guessing it will be the same with FFVI. The PSP versions of FF I and FF II were released for a tenner each not long before the system went down too.

Wow, ffv And ffvi are going to be available?! I love playing final fantasy on the psp, got half price codes for the first two from buying 3rd birthday and dissidia duodecim so I'll probably get them too for completeness. I'm going on a shopping spree when the store is restored! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Wow, ffv And ffvi are going to be available?! I love playing final fantasy on the psp, got half price codes for the first two from buying 3rd birthday and dissidia duodecim so I'll probably get them too for completeness. I'm going on a shopping spree when the store is restored! :)

Yeah FFV is already available. It's pretty cool that every Final fantasy game from I-IX (except III) can be played on the PSP.( I got III for the DS though.) I'm tempted to get the new Dissidia and FFIV compilation but I'm waiting for them to go down in price as I already have FFIV on DS but it's in 3D which is kind of weird.

Anyway, when I tried to log into PSN store this morning I was prompted to update my PSP firmware. It's still under maintenance.

• Advertisement

Yeah FFV is already available. It's pretty cool that every Final fantasy game from I-IX (except III) can be played on the PSP.( I got III for the DS though.) I'm tempted to get the new Dissidia and FFIV compilation but I'm waiting for them to go down in price as I already have FFIV on DS but it's in 3D which is kind of weird.

Anyway, when I tried to log into PSN store this morning I was prompted to update my PSP firmware. It's still under maintenance.

Class, it can't come back soon enough. I bought the FFIV collection a few weeks ago, but it came down to £15.99 or something the other day on amazon and I saw it for €24.99 in GAME last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

i got a ps3 a couple of weeks ago but haven't signed up to PSN yet. will i be entitled to these free games?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

fred252 wrote: »
    i got a ps3 a couple of weeks ago but haven't signed up to PSN yet. will i be entitled to these free games?

don't think so. it was for members of the psn before the site was pulled according to their website. sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

hdowney wrote: »
    don't think so. it was for members of the psn before the site was pulled according to their website. sorry :(

When are the games up.

I would preffer if they let ous pick a new game like the new Batman etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

fred252 wrote: »

Playing through the new FF4 at the moment.

Really gorgeous, new animations for summons, spells etc. Installed so its the least amount of loading time in any FF I have ever played (which is hadnly because there are alot of random battles).

Enjoying it so far, had a number of deaths but you usually ace the boss fight the second time. (Never played FF4 before so it is all new to me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

cena wrote: »
    When are the games up.
    Not today now.

Sony:
    “The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.”

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-maintenance-later-today/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

cena wrote: »
    When are the games up.

I would preffer if they let ous pick a new game like the new Batman etc.

meh comon end of may! and as to letting us pick new batman etc NEVER gonna happen. that is such a high revenue stream. they are dangling reasonable games as carrots to entice us back to buying on the network. if i could pick any two games i'd go for tomb raider and the latest sonic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Will definately get Infamous, can't decide on what else though after watching the reviews. Is there much story in dead nation or is just mindless shooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm unsure what to get, I already have Wipeout HD , I really like it, you have to load up your own playlist if you want the classic chemical brothers songs, but the ones off the released CDs dont match the ones of the original PS1, I'm sure the tracks are around somewhere on line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have 2 PSN accounts, and I already have InFamous, so I'l just get all the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

cloud493 wrote: »
    I have 2 PSN accounts, and I already have InFamous, so I'l just get all the rest of them.

Can you do this ?

I have 2 accounts on the one playstation. there's the one i normally use everyday.

and i've a second for when i just want t mess around online. Only used it a few times online. I never bought anything with this account. Where i have with the other one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

NeVeR wrote: »
    Can you do this ?

I have 2 accounts on the one playstation. there's the one i normally use everyday.

and i've a second for when i just want t mess around online. Only used it a few times online. I never bought anything with this account. Where i have with the other one.

We don't know yet.
    Some of us have Irish, UK, US and Japanese accounts and are waiting to see if we can get the welcome back packs from different regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I would defiantly recommend Dead Nation - it's loads of fun
    Only two games I don't have are Wipeout and R & C

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Didn't see this posted, but the Japanese package has been released (source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05/27/asian-psn-welcome-back-package-detailed-games-disappoint/)

The Last Guy
    LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
    echochrome
    WipEout HD
    Hustler King

The free games for the PSP, meanwhile, are as follows:

Yuhshanokuseninamaikida or2 PSP the Best (What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2)
    Everybody’s Stress Buster (Hot Shots Shorties)
    PATAPON2 PSP the Best
    LittleBigPlanet Portable
    LocoRoco -Midnight Carnival

PS3 games are so-so (although the Last Guy is a nice if bastard hard freebie if we can actually access 'em!) but I think I prefer the PSP games - would prefer the eccentric likes of What Did I Do... / Patapon / LocoRoco to the fairly bland offerings we get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Will definately get Infamous, can't decide on what else though after watching the reviews. Is there much story in dead nation or is just mindless shooting?

Yes theres a story, but its fairly basic. Its a fantastic game though. Got it on launch myself. Youve a nice range of weapons from the basic rifle to the shocker which pops the zombies head off, and theres the mine which is very useful to prepare for massive attacks. Zombies range from the standard weak guy, (a melee will kill him) to big guys like the jumper whos jumps high into the air and crushs you and and guy who has massive knives on his arms ( one tip and your dead ). The stats of the game are impressive two, it names out the best killer in each country among others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DragonsFire

After much consideration I'm going to take Infamous and Wipeout, I remember playing Wipeout Fusion on the PS2 that was a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Infamous and Wipeout for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

When can we expect to be able to avail of these free games?

Also, roughly how big will each of these games be? I have to think of my monthly download cap :)

P.s. Im getting Infamous and Dead Nation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Also, roughly how big will each of these games be? I have to think of my monthly download cap :)

P.s. Im getting Infamous and Dead Nation

Infamous is around 7 Gigabytes so you may go over your cap :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Whenever the PS Store is back up, likely tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I expect the PSN server will die as soon as we all try download our free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

zero19 wrote: »
    I expect the PSN server will die as soon as we all try download our free games.

But then we'll get welcome back welcome back games in June/July :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Daemos wrote: »
    Whenever the PS Store is back up, likely tomorrow

I'll try later. Has anyone had success in getting to the ps store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nobody has, they've decided to change from the 31st of May to 'end of the week'. No doubt that will change too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

do you keep the games for ever? or will it only last for 30 days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement