Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

oneill787 wrote: »
    do you keep the games for ever? or will it only last for 30 days

Yes.
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

getting a bit frustrated now with the waiting. first it was the end of the month - that was yesterday, now it is the end of the week. and of course when it goes up and people realise and spread the word everyone will be logging on to get their welcome back stuff and betcha the flippin thing crashes in no time so no bugger can get on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

hdowney wrote: »
    getting a bit frustrated now with the waiting. first it was the end of the month - that was yesterday, now it is the end of the week. and of course when it goes up and people realise and spread the word everyone will be logging on to get their welcome back stuff and betcha the flippin thing crashes in no time so no bugger can get on :(

Sony have lost my customer loyalty completely because of this. Theres even an app on the app store now telling you when PSN is active. You'd think the actual company who's providing the service would tell you themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

oneill787 wrote: »
    do you keep the games for ever? or will it only last for 30 days

Whatever you download from the store is yours to use forever ( PS Plus member or not )

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Whatever you download from the store is yours to use forever ( PS Plus member or not )

Not "whatever" you download.
    You get the two "welcome back" games to keep.
    Anything you spend money on, you keep.
    If, as a PS+ member you download PS+ related free content, you lose it when your subscription expires.
    That goes for the free 30 days we're all getting - download free PS+ related content and you lose it after the 30 days.
    Continue the subscription and you keep the content.

• Advertisement

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Sony have lost my customer loyalty completely because of this. Theres even an app on the app store now telling you when PSN is active. You'd think the actual company who's providing the service would tell you themselves.

i didn't know there was an app. may look now! mind you i agree with you completely. am well peeved with sony. now how to convince someone to buy me an xbox for my birthday!

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not "whatever" you download.
    You get the two "welcome back" games to keep.
    Anything you spend money on, you keep.
    If, as a PS+ member you download PS+ related free content, you lose it when your subscription expires.
    That goes for the free 30 days we're all getting - download free PS+ related content and you lose it after the 30 days.
    Continue the subscription and you keep the content.

handy to know. hadn't though of that that the ps+ content would go after the free 30 days lest you kept the subscription, but now that you mention it it makes perfect sense tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Today is gonna be the day...
    Tokyo, June 2, 2011– Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services today June 2, 2011, in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs.

Details of "Welcome Back" package program offered to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services will be announced from each region.

Announcement for restoration in Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as for the remaining services on Qriocity will be made as they become available.

Today is gonna be the day...

mines up. haven't tried downloading yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mines up. haven't tried downloading yet though
    It's not fully work yet.

• Advertisement

yep read that. hopefully by tea time. :)

According to twitter the Welcome Back pack will be available next week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    According to twitter the Welcome Back pack will be available next week :rolleyes:

Where did you get that info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Welcome back pack in "The final stages of testing"

Great!My young lad will be driving me mad to download it on his PSP when he sees the store is back up.
    Try explaining that to a 7 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Kev. wrote: »

Twitter.

Official twitter does not mention next week.
    Care to link your source?
    Kev. wrote: »
    PlayStationEU PlayStation Blog EU
    Update on the Welcome Back offer content: it is in the final stages of testing and will be available to download very soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU

i thought they said later today for it (after the testing)?

*heads to twitter to check things out in a slightly grumpier mood than before*

F1ngers wrote: »
    Official twitter does not mention next week.
    Care to link your source?
    http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationDE
    PlayStationDE
    Das Welcome Back Programm wird in ein paar Tagen aktiviert

"The welcome back program will be activated in a couple of days"

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shosh

just wonderin how u download the free games i dont know how to

http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationDE

"The welcome back program will be activated in a couple of days"

The Germans are a separate entity when it comes to EU.
    The PS EU twitter covers Ireland, UK, NZ, AU and AE.
    Most people on here have no interest on when the Germans get their PSN back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've been following the comments section regarding the welcome back package.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/playstation-store-is-available-now/comment-page-4/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Can you use your plus subscription when you please?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Can you use your plus subscription when you please?

If you sign up to PS Plus, it's never technically off. You can use any downloaded items you download at any time so long as your subscription isn't expired in which case you can't use downloaded items until you renew your subscription.

New content is rolled out every month. :)

Hope that helps.

anybody know if the welcome back content is up yet or if they are gonna keep us hanging? tbch they really should push it out as soon as (and yes i know they need to make sure it works, cos pushing out stuff that then doesn't work isn't good either) cos putting the store back online, but not the welcome back content isn't very encouraging to their potential customers

anybody know if the welcome back content is up yet
    not yet, another update for tomorrow but it probably is looking like next week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

anybody know if the welcome back content is up yet

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/playstation-store-is-available-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

System 3 have done a deal with sony to give Jamespond 2 robocod a PSOne classic away for free too so give that a look too.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/system-3-offer-psone-classic-james-pond-2-robocod-for-free/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

edit: nevermind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13636704

Some hacker group are claiming to have attacked the Sony network again and stolen stuff from Sony pictures. I'm not sure if it's relevant to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

just logged into the store there. How do I claim the games?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement