Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Welcome back pack will be up "soon" according to sony. Make what you will of that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

The welcome back section on the console says the content will be available as soon as the store is back online. This is quite annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

steve_ wrote: »
    The welcome back section on the console says the content will be available as soon as the store is back online. This is quite annoying

Sony are quite annoying.. The stated all online features would be up before 31st May also... They delayed that by 2 days.. I can see them waiting a week at least before we get the games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I wish people would stop complaining about how long Sony are taking to get everything up and running. It isn't like they can just flick a switch and have it all going immediately. Things have to be tested, and tested, and tested again, and iron out the bugs, and launch, then iron out the new bugs, and it goes on and on. And that was just for a rag-tag version of Adverts.ie. For something as massive as PSN, frankly none of us have any concept of how complicated it must be. So as far as I'm concerned Sony can take all the time in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Sony are quite annoying.. The stated all online features would be up before 31st May also... They delayed that by 2 days.. I can see them waiting a week at least before we get the games!

no they didn't, they stated they were aiming for the end of the month. they can take as long as they want tbh. we know its coming in the next short while and we can play online gaming in the meantime.
    Don't understand all the ill feelings towards sony for this. give them a break and play black ops or whatever:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Not again :rolleyes:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Technology/Sony-Security-Breached-As-Hackers-Gain-Database-Details-Of-Another-One-Million-Customers/Article/201106116004801?lpos=Technology_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_16004801_Sony%3A_Security_Breached_As_Hackers_Gain_Database_Details_Of_Another_One_Million_Customers
    Hackers Target 'One Million Sony Customers'

10:30am UK, Friday June 03, 2011
    Sony has once again been targeted by a group of hackers who claim they gained access to details of one million customers.

482.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

honestly how have they not got their security tightened after the previous breaches. they are seriously being shown up here now. people are not going to want to trust sony with anything soon enough (a lot don't already) and are going to jump ship to xbox and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

I'm getting Infamous and Rachet and Clank :D

Have the rest Dead Nation is brilliant. Got Little Big Planet and Wipeout when I signed up for PS+ last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From a quick glance of the thread, I presume this is this still available.

Might pick up Infamous and LBP (traded this in ages ago to get Band Hero Boxset for €15 off Gamestop) this evening.

Picked up Ratchet & Clank for a fiver from PC World a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Basq wrote: »
    From a quick glance of the thread, I presume this is this still available.

Hasn't started yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Otacon wrote: »
    Hasn't started yet.
    Balls!

Really?! I just looked at the original press release, and it was for May 18th!

What have they been doing?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Basq wrote: »
    Balls!

Really?! I just looked at the original press release, and it was for May 18th!

What have they been doing?!?

gettin hacked AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

the store came back yesterday morning..
    they say that the welcome back free games offer is still undergoing 'testing'

i'd say its more likely they didnt put it up yet because yesterday and today they are putting up batches of stuff that you pay for in new updates, i doubt they wanted everyone downloading the free stuff at the same time as the people buying stuff from todays and yesterdays store updates so they staggered them out to try avoid server overload

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

mystic86 wrote: »
    i'd say its more likely they didnt put it up yet because yesterday and today they are putting up batches of stuff that you pay for in new updates, i doubt they wanted everyone downloading the free stuff at the same time as the people buying stuff from todays and yesterdays store updates so they staggered them out to try avoid server overload

That makes perfect sense, whatever about the error issues with the ps store coming back yesterday, if the free games were available straight away, imagine what would happen if everyone rushed out to download Infamous at the same time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Digital Fukishima!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Digital Fukishima!

Digital retard!

As in Meltdown u ape.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

As in Meltdown u ape.

Yeah, fantastic joke - in excellent taste..

Its not a joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

noodler wrote: »
    Digital retard!
    As in Meltdown u ape.

Ye had one shot each.
    It stops now.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw Burnout Paradise is free for PSN plus users. Really hope this is still the case when we get the 1 month free use of PSN plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Playstation store was open last night. when and how do we get our free stuff !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Here ya go
    How to claim your free games
    • Go to PlayStation Store from the XMB
    • Click on the Welcome Back banner on the Storefront or the Latest tab
    5794118454_153d959efb.jpg
    • Go into the Welcome Back category and select the ‘PlayStation 3 Free Games’ item, and then select ‘Get Now’ on the following screen
    5794118342_44b48af368.jpg
    • You will be taken back to the Welcome Back section where you will be able to select your two free games
    • These instructions are applicable to both PS3 and PSP
    In addition, we’re giving free access to our premium subscription service, PlayStation Plus, which includes free games, huge discounts, exciting exclusives and added features like online storage and automatic downloads, to all PSN members for 30 days at no charge, requiring no long term commitment. As with the games above, go to the PlayStation Store and under the ‘Welcome Back’ section, select ‘PlayStation Plus: 30 Days Free’, and you’ll be given access to all of the benefits of PlayStation Plus. Note that this will not auto-renew and simply expires 30 days after activation.
    Current Plus subscribers had an extra 60 days added to their existing subscription at no charge. For current Plus subscribers, no action is needed as the 60 days have automatically been added to your subscription. Another additional 10 days will be added to your subscription in a few days’ time.
    PlayStation Network users will also get a large number of free virtual items in PlayStation Home as a show of appreciation for your patience while Home was inaccessible. More information and will be available in the near future, so watch out for any announcements from the PlayStation Home team.
    A selection of “On Us” movie rentals are currently available to PlayStation Network customers this weekend only, where Video Service is available.
    Finally, current Music Unlimited Premium subscription members will receive an additional 60 days of free premium subscription. Any Music unlimited free trial users who were affected by the outage will receive 30 days of service.
    Q: When will I have access to the Welcome Back Program?
    A: The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available for 30 days.
    Q: I have both PS3 and PSP. Does this mean I will get 4 games all together?
    A: Yes, as long as you were a PSN member before April 20, 2011, you’ll be able to receive up to 4 games based on the titles listed above; 2 on each platform.
    Q: Are there any limitations to the PS3 and PSP games we are receiving for free as part of the Welcome Back Program?
    A: None. These games are yours to keep.
    Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
    A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.
    1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”
    You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.
    Q: When does the 30 days of my PlayStation Plus access expire?
    A: Your PlayStation Plus 30 day access will expire 30 days from the date you activated it in PlayStation Store.
    Q: Do I get to keep the free games in PlayStation Plus forever?
    A: Content that is free in PlayStation Plus will not be available after your PlayStation Plus time has expired. However, if you decide to join PlayStation Plus, you’ll have access to all of the content you downloaded during your 30 day access for as long as you are a subscriber.
    Q: Do I get to keep any games or content I purchased with the PlayStation Plus discount?
    A: Yes. Any content you purchase at a discount is yours to keep, regardless of your subscription status.
    Q: What content will be in PlayStation Plus when I activate my 30 days?
    A: A full list of available PlayStation Plus content and discounts for our Welcome Back customers was detailed on the blog earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I have 2 separate accounts the main one I accidentally put country as uk so couldn't register any credit cards against, the second I re-regged with the correct address just for purchases, does this mean I can get 4 games?

Have head both accounts active for 3/4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

Am I the only one keeps getting an error message that reads:

Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Why they try to sign in?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I selected Wipeout to download and exited the PSN Store. Logged back into the store and it's not allowing me to select my second game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

kensutz wrote: »
    I selected Wipeout to download and exited the PSN Store. Logged back into the store and it's not allowing me to select my second game :mad:

It will,read the Q and A in the long post above,it tells you how to do this........had to do it myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

kensutz wrote: »

If you manage to f##k up when doing this then just do this!

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.
    On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

If you manage to f##k up when doing this then just do this!

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

Ah good man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

And thanks for all the posts/replies/advice! This thread worked out really well, Infamous and Dead Nation have won and so I'll be getting them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement