Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Downloading 4 free games! infamous and stardust on my us account, and little big planet and wipeout hd on my Irish account! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I am beginning to think Sony are idiots. surely they could anticipate the server load. I tried downloading LBP and wipeout. My connection on the PC is getting 15Mb steady but on the PS3 after 25mins it got the sum total of 30Mb of the file. Lots of errors on account management on XMB (error 807****D).

As an aside, I think there is more 2 way comms with the servers than before. My PS3 began to creep on the XMB and in the store when trying to download, like it was using all it's capability. It never did that before, even on a slow download, making me believe the slow down may be comms 2 way to the servers. A wild stab in the dark !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

nearly forgot i had the usa account too, looks like 4 games for me too!
    Gettin errors trying now thoug, probably peak time in usa though.

I have a second Irish account but i forgot to reactivate it and change the password, can't log onto the ie.playstation site though. maybe i could download the 2 other games I don't have (dead nation and r&c).

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

anyone elses downloads taking ages to install after downloading?
    infamous is at 4% after 15 or so minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Does anyone know how big of a file size each game is?

And how long do we have to claim the free games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone else have trouble when you click the welcome back link in the store and nothing happens at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

can't even select anything in the store without it crashing at all, gonna leave it til tomorrow to get free stuff as everyone in Europe is downloading currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    And how long do we have to claim the free games?
    30 days if the original press release is to be believed..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Keep getting "this content cannot be selcted at this time" when trying to get the free games pack. I wanna play wipeout hd! :(

• Advertisement

I'm just updating my PS3 as I haven't updated my software in yonks..

.. but sounds like I'll wait the rush passes to start my download.

Update my software? OK, seems straightforward!

** 10 minutes, and 2 restarts later **

Try to sign into PSN.. "you must change your password"

** lengthy password later **

Hit 'Submit'.
    An error has occurred (80023102)

OK, re-submit password.

Accepted.. now onto PSN. Click 'Welcome Back' and then 'Infamous (Full Games)'
    You need to download 'Free Games' content first

OK? :confused:

Click 'Get Now' under 'Free Games'

Try again..

And again..

One final time..
    The content cannot be selected at this time.

fuuuuu.png

** switches off PS3 **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how big of a file size each game is?
    Ratchet and Clank is around 3.6GB I think, not sure about the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

LBP is 2,039mb.

It's more of a case of "have you enough accounts" rather than "what games are you gonna get" :p

Leeg17 wrote: »
    It's more of a case of "have you enough accounts" rather than "what games are you gonna get" :p
    I have one Irish account and one US account I set up for the Infamous demo a few year back.

And since I already have 'Ratchet & Clank', I think I'm set..

Not a hope in getting anything done tonight however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

store is crippled on the psp too, by the way what games are free on the psp cause thats the only way ill get anything tfor free

tonydude wrote: »
    by the way what games are free on the psp cause thats the only way ill get anything tfor free
    The original press release says:
    For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:

LittleBigPlanet PSP
    ModNation PSP
    Pursuit Force
    Killzone Liberation*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Thanks Basq, thought resistance was there but guess not dont know what to get now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

been too busy to go on tonite and try download anything. just as well by the looks of the posts on here, wouldn't have a hope. not surprising really. just hope the influx of people doesn't crash the servers completely and have the darn thing down for a couple days. i am gonna leave it til tomorrow and perhaps try then. still trying to come to a final decision on which two games to get. had been playing lbp demo recently and i somewhat like it - as you start playing it becomes a little more addictive so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

i have 2 accounts, can i use 30 days of ps+ on one and then once it runs out, activate the 30 days on the 2nd account, giving me 60 days. Anyone know if this is possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Of those, I have rachet and clank and infamous. I highly recommend infamous. Quest for booty Is terrific like all the rachet and clank games, but it is really only filler so there is less actual gameplay in it. I would really only recommend end it if you are already a fan of the series.

I reckon I will go for LBP (definitely)and wipeout (still not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Downloading 4 free games! infamous and stardust on my us account, and little big planet and wipeout hd on my Irish account! :)
    Same here, just finished getting all of them downloaded now. Will PSN Japan be getting the 2 free games also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I can't select another game! I'm downloading LBP but The welcome back selection is gone! Surely I can still get another one?

Edit: Thank you MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Read post 204 earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi All

Where do i find the psp games i went on to the store but can't find them on my ps3
    Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

doing this bit

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
    A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content

I can see “PlayStation Network Promotions but its so slow, its as if nothing is happening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Downloading inFamous at the mo, and then Dead Nation, then Ratchet & Crank then Wipeout, yippee

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well got Infamous and Wipeout after countless errors. Downloading pretty fast after you actually get them on your download list!

Think I'll wait to pick up t'others with my brother's account etc... I'm not that desperate for a copy of Dead Nation :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

All sorted now thanks, Wipeout is absolutley class I can't believe I didn't get it earlier than this.

• Advertisement

dmcdante wrote: »
    Hi All

Where do i find the psp games i went on to the store but can't find them on my ps3
    Thanks for the help

I had trouble with finding them too for some reason, saw them when I first downloaded the first ps3 game, but disappeared after that. Checked the services list, saw free psp games, but oddly it said that they became available and expired on 02/06/2011. :confused: But anyway, I logged onto the PSP itself and found them on the store, once I clicked on the welcome back window.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement