Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

If you manage to f##k up when doing this then just do this!

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.
    On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”
    You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Gonna quote this solution as its not working for me. I managed to download Wipeout yesterday night, went in and checked that it was working ok etc. Then left the PS3 overnight, came back on now and logged into Account Management etc, but in the Playstation Network Promotions section its saying I've 0 Free Games remaining. I've only downloaded one though.

Anyone else having a similar issue or know a solution?

Cheers.

Edit: Nvm, after checking my transaction history it appears that I also "purchased" Infamous last night too! I seem to be able to actually download it now too, so panic over! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I got Infamous and Wipeout,Infamous took its time downloading,i also downloaded Streets Of Rage which im most happy about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Streets Or Rage.....I'm feeling 9 years old again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Using 3 of my PSN accounts managed to download all the above and also Stardust from the US PSN Welcomeback also. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I got Infamous and Wipeout,Infamous took its time downloading,i also downloaded Streets Of Rage which im most happy about :D

is this paid for content?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

if i download a game from the japan ps store will there no option to change language to english i.e. will i have a clue whats going on and what im meant to be doing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

All is forgiven Sony! In the last 3 days, I received 19 free games! 10 for my PSPgo, 3 more PSP games from the welcome back package, and 6 PS3 games. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

hdowney wrote: »
    is this paid for content?!

No its free on the PlayStation plus thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

All is forgiven Sony! In the last 3 days, I received 19 free games! 10 for my PSPgo, 3 more PSP games from the welcome back package, and 6 PS3 games. :D
    How many accounts had you got

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Crosáidí wrote: »

The PSPGo has a 10 free games deal when you buy it.
    Three accounts will get you all the Welcome Back games - Four if you count the Japanese Welcome Back pack when it goes live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Crosáidí wrote: »

2 Irish accounts and 1 US account. Wanted a different PSN ID so I set up a new account over a year ago, just reactivated the old one this morning to get the last 2 ps3 games from the offer, didn't have any of them previously. The 10 free PSPgo games came with the console but I hadn't gotten around to redeeming the voucher code, only had one week left before it expired (9th June) so I was so glad the store came back in time to claim them. the last 3 psp games i got were killzone, pursuit force and modnations, already got little big planet psp version with the go offer. I've got plenty of games to keep me busy now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

anyone using media go to download psp games, when i go to welcome back it says no content???
    has anyone had the same problem or a way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

When did theses become available?
    Basq wrote: »
    30 days if the original press release is to be believed..
    30 days from when?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

3rd June - 3rd July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

is the welcome back package up in asia region and japan region yet anyone know? have account for both

No its free on the PlayStation plus thing.

sound. question tho, is it one of the things that will only b free for as long as you have a psplus subscription (like the 30day trial) or is it a permanent download?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

sound. question tho, is it one of the things that will only b free for as long as you have a psplus subscription (like the 30day trial) or is it a permanent download?
    Only as long as you have the PS+ Subscription, and it won't auto-renew when it runs out. You can check how long you have left anytime if you go to account management and services list.

cheers. question for peoples. well two questions.

is the ps+ worth having in the long run, what do you get out of it.

then how do you pay for it if you don't got a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Hi can anyone suggest what free games to get, I have ratchet and clank and infamous and have finished Little Big Planet before, but arent really sure about how good the other 2 are? are infamous or ratchet and clank worth anything to sell anymore? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Well, I tried downloading these free games from the Welcome Back package (was going to get Infamous and Wipeout) but the store has screwed up for me, doesn't seem to have downloaded Wipeout (I didn't even get to download the others) and now I can't even go back to download a second one. Anybody else have this problem? The free Playstation Plus option worked fine, but the games one was dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well, I tried downloading these free games from the Welcome Back package (was going to get Infamous and Wipeout) but the store has screwed up for me, doesn't seem to have downloaded Wipeout (I didn't even get to download the others) and now I can't even go back to download a second one. Anybody else have this problem? The free Playstation Plus option worked fine, but the games one was dodgy.
    Do the following:
    On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”
    You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Just did it there and worked fine..

.. downloading Infamous.. a hefty 7GB's! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The above seems to be working perfectly, thanks! (Even though I get an error code every now and then.) It's funny how, even though the service and the games are free, I have this huge sense of entitlement already. "F**king Sony, can't even give me my free games on my free PSN because they're too busy to even blah blah blah."

The Impatient Playstation Generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

In case anyone hasn't realised, Burnout Paradise is also free for PSN Plus members ie. all of us for the next 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Hi can anyone suggest what free games to get, I have ratchet and clank and infamous and have finished Little Big Planet before, but arent really sure about how good the other 2 are? are infamous or ratchet and clank worth anything to sell anymore? :confused:

Just got the other two, in the same boat as you and I can recommend them. Dead Nation is fun, mindless but fun. Nice upgrade system and some fun score attack gameplay. Wipeout is fantastic, and I hate racing games as a rule so it must be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

got dead nation and it's great craic :D Also got infamous but haven't played it yet. A couple of the mini games are good fun, an octopus one and another good puzzle one where you have to drop shapes onto ledges.
    overall I think sony did us pretty good with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I cant open the PSN store, keeps saying theres an error

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

cheers. question for peoples. well two questions.

is the ps+ worth having in the long run, what do you get out of it.

then how do you pay for it if you don't got a credit card?

Having only had PS+ for the last day, I think it would be pretty good in the long run. You'd get to keep all the free stuff as long as you have a subscription and anything you pay for with the discount you keep forever.

I could easily see myself getting a full subscription after the free 30 days as i think it's a pretty good service - Sony ye bastards... this was the plan all along :mad::pac:

To answer your other question, either use Playstation Network Cards (prices either €20 or €50) or else get yourself a 3V card and use the vouchers. OR... get yourself an Ulster Bank account and you'll get a visa debit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I keep getting an error message when I try to access the store, its prob pretty busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Keep trying. Servers will be overloaded for at least 2 more days I reckon.

It took me nearly 10 tries but I got in eventually.

LBP is quite a fun game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, keep trying.. once you get a file downloading, it'll fly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement