Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal Song for Wedding First Dance

Options
  • 17-05-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Purposely not putting this in the "wedding" forum as boardsies in here will hopefully have a better idea.

We are looking for a metal song for our first dance - but not too heavy in case the oldies have a heart attack. I'd listen to the likes of Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Dead by Sunrise, Metallica, etc.

So far I've come up with:-
    Nothing else matters – metallica
    Cold – feel it in your heart
    Hammerfall – always will be
    Everlong – foo fighters

Any other suggestions?

Less heavy song - Is this love by Whitesnake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 baughd2

Helter Skelter, the beatles

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭duracell_bunny

baughd2 wrote: »
    Helter Skelter, the beatles

Thanks for the suggestion but the Beatles don't do it for me - not metal enough for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i like nothing else matters,

sweet emotion -aerosmith

hook in mouth - megadeth :p

**** you i wont do what you told me maybe not...

love bites - def leppard

never ever - hammerfall

promises - megadeth

and last but not least

W.A.S.P. with the classic song Animal

congratulations by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Anything by "My Dying Bride" lol

If you dont want anything too heavy I reckon a bit of Dio!

Black sabbath - country girl, springs to mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Stand Inside Your Love - Smashing Pumpkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

November rain, GNR
    Poison, alice cooper
    All within my hands, Metallica
    goodbye to romance, Ozzy o - maybe not the lyrics but its a cool song for that tbh
    this love - Pantera (again, same as above)

love bites - def leppard

never thought of that - not massively heavy but would be deadly for dancing too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Someone mentioned Smashing Pumpkins earlier. Soppy enough, will appease the oldies and it's Smashing Pumpkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Kiss - Forever

Motley Crue - If i die tomorrow

Motley Crue - Without You

And for the cheese - Nine Inch Nails - Closer :D (possibly NSFW)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

This would go down a treat :D

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    And for the cheese - Nine Inch Nails - Closer :D

The cheese? Man that's the perfect stripper song if ever I heard one! :pac:

Wait...........yeah.......finally copped on. Bravo sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Thanks for the suggestion but the Beatles don't do it for me - not metal enough for my taste.
    i'd say the Beatles have acres more respect in the metal community than papa roche!!

i'd say the Beatles have acres more respect in the metal community than papa roche!!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot really. (Ok, I'm just speaking for myself there!) But you're taking this off topic........and yes I am too!

Heheh. Just found these.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/263880-appropriate-heavy-metal-wedding-songs.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070511071104AA2c9Ab

I wasn't slagging them - just not my taste at all

chin_grin wrote: »
    The cheese? Man that's the perfect stripper song if ever I heard one! :pac:

Wait...........yeah.......finally copped on. Bravo sir!
    :D

When I get married i'd love to have the balls to play that as the first dance song but I dont think it would be universally accepted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭medici

How about - POD "Alive"

- maybe not the heaviest but still...kinda metal

Actually how about some steel panther or reckless love?

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :D

When I get married i'd love to have the balls to play that as the first dance song but I dont think it would be universally accepted :p

See my OH loves this song too and I'm worried that she would play it. No complaints from me!

medici wrote: »
    How about - POD "Alive"

- maybe not the heaviest but still...kinda metal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............sorry.......but..........pffffffffffffftHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

:p

chin_grin wrote: »
    See my OH loves this song too and I'm worried that she would play it. No complaints from me!
    Yeah same here :D but I wouldnt be worried, i'd actually like to have it as I said but I would be scarlet, what with parents and family there etc!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions - lots of youtubing to do when I get home tonight.

We have booked a rock/metal covers band for our wedding instead of the ususal wedding band so they will do whatever song we pick live rather than playing a recording of the original artist. Himself is already a bit worried that the band might be too heavy for some of our guests so don't want to go overboard on the first dance!

I've actually got a surprise for him. I used to play electric guitar in a punk rock band so I've arranged for the band to play Papa Roach's Last Resort a bit later in the night and I'm going to join them for it. Unless anyone can think of a more appropriate song with a savage guiltar solo in it....??

• Advertisement

I've actually got a surprise for him. I used to play electric guitar in a punk rock band so I've arranged for the band to play Papa Roach's Last Resort a bit later in the night and I'm going to join them for it. Unless anyone can think of a more appropriate song with a savage guiltar solo in it....??

Not at a wedding...........just for the lyrics..........Please don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

i always wanted this played at my wedding!can't wait til 1.18 when it kicks in:D

Thanks for all the suggestions - lots of youtubing to do when I get home tonight.

We have booked a rock/metal covers band for our wedding instead of the ususal wedding band so they will do whatever song we pick live rather than playing a recording of the original artist. Himself is already a bit worried that the band might be too heavy for some of our guests so don't want to go overboard on the first dance!

great stuff!
    wish i was going:D
    the riff in that song is deadly, should have the floor heaving!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭psycjay

Gotta do this at the end of the night, with the Vai intro!

great stuff!
    wish i was going:D
    the riff in that song is deadly, should have the floor heaving!!!

Or maybe Van Halen - Ain't talking about love might be a bit more suitable for a wedding than Last Resort. It needs to be something I can already sort of play as haven't picked up a guitar in about 7 years so probably a bit rusty at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We got married on a big boat in Greece 18 months ago, wife came down the aisle on the boat to 'Shipping up to Boston' by the Dropkicks.

First dance later at reception was Nothing Else Matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

WASP - **** Like A Beast

nice one scudz, you always struck me as having class!!

had a thought there op, may be a little lightweight for you but howz about sharp dressed man for your guitar piece?
    you can solo away easily and should be a crowd pleaser!

any ac/dc is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It's Papa Roach

I don't think they have anything to do with the Ambassador's Receptions

Advertisement