Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posible to get a pair of trousers made based on old ones?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Is it possible or expensive to get trousers hand made by a tailor? I had a pair of cords that were my favourite for years and I wore them till they fell off me. I still have them so if I got material I liked would a tailor be able to make a new pair based on the old ones? Where could I buy corduroy in Dublin?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yep, it's possible for a tailor/dress maker to make a new pair of trousers based on the old ones. My mum has done it quite a few times.

Re. the material: you could try Murphy Sheehy's (on the street opposite the Powerscourt Shopping Centre (can never remember its name!)) or Hickey's, 'though the former would probably be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Some_randomer

Thanks convert. Hickeys website doesn't have corduroy listed. I tried Murphy Sheehy they don't do it either and said to try Trimming Woolen Mills. Tried them and they only have green and tan colours at the mo.

Anyone else know where I might get some beige / cream coloured corduroy fabric?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭eleven

Online stores? Apart from the stores mentioned, I don't know of other large fabric shops in the city.

Advertisement