Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Films/Wrestlers in Movies Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's a scene in See No Evil where there's a girl in a cage, and Kane starts rubbing himself (his hand and crotch being off camera). I imagine it was supposed to be there!

It's a very interesting interview, it's a bit sad that Dan Madigan (the writer) wrote a script and tried very hard to take out any cliches, only for Vince & Co to re-write it and put them all back in. I imagine that's just Vince's idea of what horror fans want, the same old stuff.

I wonder what the original script was like. In any case the movie is still one of WWE's best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There's a scene in See No Evil where there's a girl in a cage, and Kane starts rubbing himself (his hand and crotch being off camera). I imagine it was supposed to be there!

disgusted-oh-god.png

lol it's like 2 seconds long before someone bursts in the door. But enough to make you uncomfortable :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Vince is very weird when it comes to this stuff. Didn't he want to do an incest angle one time with Steph, where he wanted Shane to be the father of her child, or even himself. Also don't forget the Katie Vick angle, where he had Triple H make out with a mannequin in a funeral home while there was another funeral going on in the other room. Guy has a weird imagine if you ask me.

Also this along with his thing for guys with muscular bodies. He's certainly has some homoerotic interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think he wanted to be the father but Stephanie refused. Then he suggested Shane and she refused again. He kept pushing until she refused to be involved at all. Think she only appeared a couple of times in random segments during her pregnancy.

I guess it's good that she isn't interested in doing storylines like that considering she will be the boss in a few years time along with Mr. H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

sad to think she and big nose will be the boss when we all wanted shane o mac

ricero wrote: »
    sad to think she and big nose will be the boss when we all wanted shane o mac

I think Triple H will be quite good at it, provided he's well and truly retired at the time. If he still wrestles, even just part time, it could be very bad indeed. But if he is done, I can't see any problems with it. True, he'd have his favourites, but everyone would. At least Triple H is dedicated. You don't have to like him but he lives and breaths wrestling. He won't be half assing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hunter does what's gonna benefit Hunter, as far as I can see. He lives and breathes his ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Well the t-shirt didn't lie Vince does indeed like C**k. 3ft ones at least

Hunter does what's gonna benefit Hunter, as far as I can see. He lives and breathes his ego.

Hey I do what's right for the good of the users! :pac:

• Advertisement

Breaking news wwe puts any catchprase on t shirt lazily and charges $20.

WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin
    will be filming scenes for "Grown Ups 2" starring Adam Sandler, according to JRsbarbq.com. Austin will be filming in July....oh Steve how could you.

Jaysus Steve, could've picked a better film but hey, he's getting his foot in the door with a big-time comedy actor. He's done a gazillion action movies where he plays the same no-nonsense bad ass; and we've seen that he has a much broader range than that.

Aside from the Expendables he's been mostly kicking around in straight-to-DVD films, so this is good to get him back on the radar. Who knows, maybe it was a choice of Sandler or Rob Schneider!

I imagine he's kicking himself he didn't broaden out sooner, like The Rock, I get the feeling he's sick of being typecast....which is probably a blessing and a curse.

Jaysus Steve, could've picked a better film but hey, he's getting his foot in the door with a big-time comedy actor.
    Is Adam Sandler not seen as a joke by the majority of people these days? Anytime I see people talk about him, its always the "go away and dont come back" kind of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Austin actually has a Survivor style TV show coming out soon called "Redneck Island" also. I'm a big Survivor fan so looking forward to seeing if it's any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I hope he plays himself. That would make sense going by the way the first movie was about; older guys who had one last chance at feeling young and crazy.

I say first movie. I could only stomach about half of it.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is Adam Sandler not seen as a joke by the majority of people these days? Anytime I see people talk about him, its always the "go away and dont come back" kind of way.

Check out the trailer for his upcoming movie "That's my boy". Its classic Sandler at its finest. Coming out in a few weeks afaik.

I hate Adam Sandler's films women love them though god knows why. Quite like Kevin James, loved The King of Queens with Arthur 'Frank Costanza' Spooner.

I'm not an authority on comedy but I thought of Sandler as a guy who everbody seems to hate but I imagine his films do really well with the majority of the cinema-going people. Like enough people (that aren't on the net lol) enjoy his films. Same with King of Queens and all the other lads in that film with the actors watersliding down on the poster :P

Movie idea #2,305: Adam Sandler is trapped on a deserted island and falls in love with a coconut.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Movie idea #2,305: Adam Sandler is trapped on a deserted island and falls in love with a coconut.

Guest staring Rob Schneider as an eccentric fellow cast away.

Speaking of wrestlers and Sandler; I thought Austin was great in the longest yard, although he wasnt a massive character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I actually kinda liked Grown Ups I'm ashamed to admit....

CMpunked wrote: »
    Guest staring Rob Schneider as an eccentric fellow cast away.

Speaking of wrestlers and Sandler; I thought Austin was great in the longest yard, although he wasnt a massive character.

He had a much bigger role in the Expendables than I thought he would.
    Wouldn't Rob Schneider star in Derp? Or as a Carrot?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Rob Schneider star in Derp? Or as a Carrot?

He was also a stapler!

He was also a stapler!

A Carrot or a Stapler probably better than being a Gigilo, a Animal and appearing in every Adam Sandler film saying 'You can do it'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Is it possible not to like The Wedding Singer, IT IS A GOOD ADMA SANDLER FILM, also Drew Barrymore looking hot as hell in it

Also a rapping granny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

Happy gilmore, big daddy are some of his best flims

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Happy Gilmore is easily my favourite Sandler film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

Denny M wrote: »

Its just out there. if only golf is that fun all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Denny M wrote: »
    Yup happy gilmore and billy madison for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The only properly good Sandler film is Punk Drunk Love. He actually acts in it, and acts well too.
    Happy Gilmore has its moments though.

WWE Films/Wrestlers in Movies/adam sandler/da derp thread

• Advertisement

New movie from WWE Films! Now with NO wrestlers!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

New movie from WWE Films! Now with NO wrestlers!

Looks pretty damn good!

Seems WWE Films didn't have any hand in the making of the film though, they just bought up the US distribution rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=71125
    Warner Bros. and WWE Studios Form Tag Team to Solve A Spine-Crunching Mystery!

ANIMATED MADE FOR VIDEO FILM STARRING WWE SUPERSTARS AND DIVAS TO BEGIN PRODUCTION SET FOR A 2014 HOME ENTERTAINMENT RELEASE

STAMFORD, Conn., August 15, 2012 – Warner Bros. and WWE Studios (NYSE:WWE) announced they will co-produce a Scooby-Doo animated feature that will find Scooby and the gang solving a mystery at WrestleMania®. The announcement was made today by Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Family & Animation, Warner Home Video and Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios.

WWE Superstars and Divas including Triple H®, John Cena®, Kane, The Miz®, Brodus Clay™, Santino Marella®, Sin Cara™ and AJ™ will appear in animated form and lend their voices to the project. WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon® will also lend his voice and appear in animated form.

“We are excited to partner with Warner Bros. on this wonderful animated film,” said WWE Studios President Michael Luisi. “Kids and adults are going to enjoy seeing their favorite WWE Superstars in animated form join forces with an icon like Scooby-Doo to solve a mystery at the biggest pop-culture event of the year – WrestleMania.”

“Warner Bros. is thrilled to get into the ring with WWE Studios to bring fans an unprecedented animated adventure,” said Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Warner Home Video. “We’re excited to leverage the WWE’s family-friendly brand and passionate fan base and integrate some of the most popular WWE Superstars and Divas within the Scooby-Doo gang.”

When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download. The film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation. WWE will utilize its extensive global reach through its television, digital media and print assets to market the release of the film.

Miz did it.

Scooby-Doo is teaming up with the gang from the WWE in a new animated movie. Yep, really!

Deadline reported the surprising news, revealing Warner Bros. and WWE Studios will coproduce this new Scooby-Doo film, which will be released via Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download by Warner Bros.

The story will involve Scooby and his pals investigating a mystery at, wait for it, WrestleMania. The WWE’s Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, AJ Lee and Vince McMahon are all voicing animated versions of themselves in the film.

WWE Studios President Michael Luisi tells Deadline the WWE will “use its considerable resources to promote the effort,” so you can bet there are some Scooby-powered touts coming!

While WWE and Scooby-Doo meeting is a first, it’s worth noting that this won’t be the first time WWE wrestlers have been animated (see above), nor the first time Scooby-Doo has had some unusual team-ups, having already met the likes of the Three Stooges, the Addams Family and the Harlem Globetrotters… Oh, and a certain Dark Knight, both in the 1970s and more recently.

Update: We've got the full plot description from the press release now, which you can read below.

"When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case."

Linky

Reading the article.....hmmm...hmmm. Voicework recording ok.....Sin Cara? Wait,Wait he can't even speak on tv what are they recording him pointing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm DYING to see this!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky bookers....

Surely Vince will be the heel.

I say so because I can't wait to hear him say "And I woulda gotten away with it too...."
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A0Xhi6ACIAAMCvD.png
    Warner Bros. and WWE Studios today announced they will co-produce a Scooby-Doo animated feature that will find Scooby and the gang solving a mystery at WrestleMania.

WWE Superstars and Divas including Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara and AJ Lee will appear in animated form and lend their voices to the project. WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon will also lend his voice and appear in animated form.

When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download. The film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation. WWE will utilize its extensive global reach through its television, digital media and print assets to market the release of the film.

20120814_Article_Scooby_WWE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

^^ That is being seen / bought by me without a doubt no matter how bad it will be, Scooby FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You have to laugh when you think how in the old days WWE divas used to appear in Playboy. Quite a turnaround.

montyrebel wrote: »
    ^^ That is being seen / bought by me without a doubt no matter how bad it will be, Scooby FTW

I used to hate when the villains in Scooby Doo used to do a Dance in the theme tune at the start of the show, it totally broke kayfabe. Even if it was a great forfeit as a dare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the Scooby Doo villain will turn out to be none other than Red Herring!

3 different users posted the Scooby Doo article! Must be some kind of record :pac:

I am intrigued. Really. I'm definitely gonna check it out. Maybe WWE Axxess will be an abandoned amusement park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Trailer for WWE's latest film, Dead Man Down, starring Colin Farrell, Wade Barrett, and the lad who was in Iron Man (no not him, or him, yea the other guy who got replaced by Don Cheedle for the second one).

Looks a hell of a lot better than their usual piece of crap. I won't be rushing to the cinema mind you but if it was on the telly I'd probably watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

not gonna lie - I think that looks quite good!

Rated R (like they said at the last partners summit at wm 28) will really open WWE's world to makeing decent movies! and buying decent movies - which I assume they did here!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Will given Colin Farrell (did not know that was how it is spelt) and noomi Rapace is it it its does have some quality. And with an Irish guy would you expect less.

I am prepared to eat my words

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Will given Colin Farrell (did not know that was how it is spelt) and noomi Rapace is it it its does have some quality. And with an Irish guy would you expect less.

I am prepared to eat my words

Could you eat some words now? I had to read that a few times to figure it out

(insert pac here since i'm joking and on my phone, probably like yourself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

that looks great TBH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It does look quite promising.

Advertisement