Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Simpsons death episode and Family Guy Simpsons crossover get priority later on, then this, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cat.Girl

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland started today on RTE. Managed to catch it and sky plus it last minute. I'll give it a watch but won't be in a rush. Looking forward to s4 of OUAT, I'll watch it tomorrow. Agree with other posters that Elizabeth Mitchell is the big steal this year, definitely enough to keep me watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That was better than expected. Pretty good effects for the troll, though I suppose not changing the appearance helped with that.

I have to admit I smiled at
    the Beauty and the Beast dance and seeing the Fantasia hat. I really need to watch that film.

As much as I like exploring the mystery of the book and where it came from, I really don't like how it comes about by
    turning Regina villain again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I thought as far as season openers go, it wasnt a bad start, but I wasnt blown away.
    I really
    Felt for Hook, Emma was totally just brushing him aside and she just expects him to be "patiet". I don think thats fair after all he has done to prove himself to her.

My heart breaks for Regina, but I dont think she will turn back evil. well I kind of hope not, because I think her struggling with her humanity is a far better story ark for her.
    I love Beauty and the Beast it I felt the little ball room dance with Gold and Belle was just a bit cringe. Their whole relationship makes me uncomfortable if Im being honest.

I also didnt like Charming's smart comment about Regina at the start, about how at least she hadnt set fire to anything - or something to that effect. I thought it was very uncharming like and mean.

however I will definitely watch next wk as I am very intrigued by this Frozen storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

SarahBM wrote: »
    I also didnt like Charming's smart comment about Regina at the start, about how at least she hadnt set fire to anything - or something to that effect. I thought it was very uncharming like and mean.

feels a bit weird to quote just the spoiler bit and then do a spoiler tag myself but i'm going to go with it.
    might charming's uncharming behaviour have something to do with the dark spot in mary margaret's heart that they're now sharing. I imagine he got the dark part, just because, why not?

• Advertisement

feels a bit weird to quote just the spoiler bit and then do a spoiler tag myself but i'm going to go with it.
    might charming's uncharming behaviour have something to do with the dark spot in mary margaret's heart that they're now sharing. I imagine he got the dark part, just because, why not?

Oh that's an idea!!! I had forgotten about that! Ya you might be right there!

Yeah I'm pretty sure the writers have forgot about that until it becomes convenient. :)
    Was more just a sarcastic remark, I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Yeah it's probably giving the writers more credit than they're due to hope that they didn't forget about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I enjoyed the episode I guess. But while I thought alluding to FairyTales was cute, now it has just turned into heavily borrowing from the most popular Disney films and it is getting a bit absurd. When will they put Snow in the yellow/blue/red dress? Because it seems the Frozen and Beauty and the Beast looks were copied as literally as their costume department could manage. Also green screen Arendelle looked pretty awful.

I think I'm just going to roll with the cray cray and hope they will go to Africa at some point and get Simba and co. in on this action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice twist on Little Bo Peep.

• Advertisement

Who woulda thought Bo Peep was Calamity Jane? Also bit of a crap resolution to that part. Knocks down her 2 soldiers, ties her up with ribbon and that's her beat?

Also I'm confused with Elsa's powers. She says she can't control them and can't bring down the wall when Emma is freezing, yet she was able to erect the wall around the town from Gold's shop and was able to create a snow monster last week.

I think they need to work on the sound as well. That part at the end with the "Do you hear that?" I could barely hear it through the music

White Witch/Jadis/Snow Queen from Narnia would be my guess as the Ice Cream vendor.

****ing love Mr Gold as Rumple, just so damn creepy.

Are they still stuck in Storybrooke? When Elsa put up the wall, I just thought they're stuck there anyway, but didn't remember it being part of the curse this time.

Good job Regina is so great that she apparently used to run a power plant all by herself

I think seeing as Regina is using the book to give the villains their happy ever after we will see many more villains pop up, isn't Maleficent due a return soon too. I only hope seeing as this is Disney behind all this we don't see Doctor Doom or Darth Vader popping up. ;)

As I said in another forum, she'll find the author of the book and it'll be Walt Disney, played by Stan Lee.

I thought it was a really good episode. Anna is a bit annoying though. But David's Hair stole the show. :D

I do feel a bit sorry for Henry. That poor kid will be in therapy with Archie for the rest of his life!
    What happened to sleeping beauty? I thought I saw her in the season 3 finale in Granny's. perhaps I have asked this before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Three words: Anna is adorable! :) Elizabeth Lail was perfectly cast to play the role, such a good choice.

I thought it was a really good episode. Anna is a bit annoying though. But David's Hair stole the show. :D

I do feel a bit sorry for Henry. That poor kid will be in therapy with Archie for the rest of his life!
    What happened to sleeping beauty? I thought I saw her in the season 3 finale in Granny's. perhaps I have asked this before?

When Henry kept referring to his other mother, I was thinking it sounded like Emma and Regina were a couple. Though I know it's something people are willing to see. :)

As for Beauty, aka Aurora, she was there at the end of last season but like Red Riding Hood, she keeps disappearing either due to having other work or just the writers have nothing for her

Beauty is Belle, Aurora is Sleeping Beauty.

Ah yeah, I was just using Beauty as a short form of Sleeping Beauty. Forgot there was another. Though personally think Aurora deserves the title more than Belle.

Was also wondering where Mulan went since she joined Robin and his Merry Men

• Advertisement

Good episode! Its all getting curiouser and curiouser! :D

Just need to know how and why Will is there.

So from the time of the ball in the movie up until now Elsa has been wearing the same dress?

How can the sheriff not know the owner of the town ice cream shop?

And clearly she's evil since isn't it only the evil ones who show that much cleavage? :pac:

Oh, and be funny if Henry said he was a DC fan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just need to know how and why Will is there.

So from the time of the ball in the movie up until now Elsa has been wearing the same dress?

How can the sheriff not know the owner of the town ice cream shop?

And clearly she's evil since isn't it only the evil ones who show that much cleavage? :pac:

Oh, and be funny if Henry said he was a DC fan

Plus the ice cream shop is right beside grannys and Henry is a kid and must love ice cream. she had to have bought him ice cream there.
    Hans was annoying.
    I also agree evil = cleavage. Regina had great cleavage when she was evil queen. Now she is buttoned up to the neck! Just an observation.

I must watch the rest of wonderland.

I also agree evil = cleavage. Regina had great cleavage when she was evil queen. Now she is buttoned up to the neck! Just an observation.

Really? Never noticed. :rolleyes: Yeah, it's the downside to her being good... or rather I mean the character development is great for her. Yes, that's it.
    Just need Ruby back in it now as evil/rebellious again. :)

Was thinking for Will,
    could it be possible that Once Upon a Time in Wonderland takes place after Once Upon a Time, or at some point we see Will leaving for Wonderland
    ?

Love this show so much, the subtle twists the writers put in it, Rumple being so many different characters but fitting the roles so well.

Very subtle, turning the apprentice into a mouse. Was sure the apprentice was gonna take out a lightsaber at the beginning.

On the radio when Emma slid on the ice, there was a request for Rip Van Winkle who was looking for something to wake up to. Haven't noticed any other radio messages like that before.

Will stop watching if the start a Star Wars theme, quite a few Fantasia references, loved the broom and the mouse was good, the twist on the sorcerers hat was epic though, means Mr Gold is still in control.

He found the hat in that house on his honeymoon. Anna had the hat with her. So now we have to see how Anna lost the hat or did she bring it with her?

As for Gold, didn't we see him swap the daggers? I guess he swapped back when he needed it for the hat.

Don't kill me, but I hate gold. He annoys me. I'm so sick of everything always coming back to him. I want to know what the snow queens deal is. Snow and charming are hardly in it anymore. :-(

• Advertisement

I mean the fact that the sorcerers hat one of the most recognisable disney logos is actually a weapon for stealing magic in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Don't kill me, but I hate gold. He annoys me. I'm so sick of everything always coming back to him. I want to know what the snow queens deal is. Snow and charming are hardly in it anymore. :-(

I love this. They are my 2 least favourite characters. Probably the blandest most boring characters on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

gazzer wrote: »
    I love this. They are my 2 least favourite characters. Probably the blandest most boring characters on tv

They really are. And the over protective father routine from Charming is just so cringey. Loving Ana she's perfectly cast. I think more Regina is needed though, she's too good of a character not to used more.

:(

Dunno if that makes more or less sense than her being Lily. Though I'm sure Lily will come into it again at some point with it emphasising the star on her wrist.

Also, I can't remember but did they pronounce it Awna in the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Also, I can't remember but did they pronounce it Awna in the movie?
    Yep.

• Advertisement

I think that was the most specific prophecy I've ever heard

I think that was the most specific prophecy I've ever heard

Totally!!! I thought the whole belle thing was a bit ridiculous. I don't like her any way but it kinda felt like they were just trying to come up with a way to get her more involved. The snow queen is so creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shels_m

I liked that Belle was in it this week, but they've worked so hard to introduce Frozen that they've just really sidelined the heart of the show which was the characters they spend so long making us like.. :/

The royal family removed all record of the existence of the sisters.... Except for this detailed book with family tree and names and pictures.

I'm guessing when the new Frozen comes out, they'll totally ignore this story.

I was about to ask if we'll ever get Rapunzel, but then remembered we already had hairher

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shels_m

Yeah, it's kinda an insult to how brilliant Tangled was to introduce the OUAT version of Rapunzel.

• Advertisement

Victoria Smurfit has been cast as Cruella De Vil, we have already seen Pongo with Archie(Jiminy Cricket) wonder will we see the other 100 Dalmatians. ;)

I think that wee girl who played the young Snow Queen is a bit typecast at this rate after Walking Dead and True Detective. :)

Find it strange how they brough back Cinderella and Aurora for that brief scene after not seeing them for a while

I think that wee girl who played the young Snow Queen is a bit typecast at this rate after Walking Dead and True Detective. :)

Find it strange how they brough back Cinderella and Aurora for that brief scene after not seeing them for a while

Bit weird, they must have come over through the new curse that brought everyone back to Storybrooke, I am starting to wonder seeing as he is behind a lot of things is rumple the writer of the book or does he know it's origins.

shels_m wrote: »
    I liked that Belle was in it this week, but they've worked so hard to introduce Frozen that they've just really sidelined the heart of the show which was the characters they spend so long making us like.. :/
    Here's how the screentime is going for the main cast so far this season(7 episodes):
    tumblr_ney38sQ8rE1qdq7vmo2_500.png

Elsa has a total of 64mins and Anna has 49.

Will should have more time than Henry. So Will is part of the main cast and Robin isn't?

Do you think the reason for Elsa never changing her clothes is simply to attract the kids?

Will should have more time than Henry. So Will is part of the main cast and Robin isn't?
    Yeah, he was added at the start of the season, and there was a bit of a fandom meltdown from what I gather because Robin Hood wasn't added.
    Do you think the reason for Elsa never changing her clothes is simply to attract the kids?

That, and Disney probably have it in whatever contract the producers signed. I mean, take off the dress and she's not really Elsa anymore.

We know Belle is Beauty without having to wear he film dresses and we don't need Snow to be wearing her blue and yellow.

And take off Elsa's dress and you'll also get new viewers, though for the wrong reason. :p

Elsa doesn't have another identity, she was in the urn in Rumples vault, Belle upon being released from the cell Regina had her in became the town librarian(Plot hole imo) Elsa hasn't really had time to adapt, damn I am taking this way to seriously. :o

You think you are, I was still thinking of it and maybe I'm wrong but isn't her dress made by her using her powers?

Side note, I wish they would at least explain why we don't see people like Ruby around anymore. There was a time herself and granny seemed to be the only ones who worked the diner yet now we never see Ruby in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Snow and Charming are doing my head in. At this stage they should just be written out. Very annoying characters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement