Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Random unexpected double episode.
    Oh look, another curse on the residents of Storybrooke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Ah there's nothing like a good curse!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

SarahBM wrote: »
    Ah there's nothing like a good curse!!!

It was a very good episode. The trailer for the next ep looks great
    Regina in full on evil queen mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

This week was actually good despite all the Robin hood moments. He's such a plank. Really looking forward to next week now! I saw some of the pics of Regina in EQ getup so I'm definitely in! Anyone know if it's breaking for Xmas next week? It has the feel of a mid-season finale looming over it. I presume they're taking a few months like always...

This week was actually good despite all the Robin hood moments. He's such a plank. Really looking forward to next week now! I saw some of the pics of Regina in EQ getup so I'm definitely in! Anyone know if it's breaking for Xmas next week? It has the feel of a mid-season finale looming over it. I presume they're taking a few months like always...

I think there are two eps left and then it takes a break till March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Loved last nights episode, everything god tied up nicely, very well acted. Next week episode looks epic. :D

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Loved last nights episode, everything god tied up nicely, very well acted. Next week episode looks epic. :D

Yeah it was really good. Felt sorry for the Snow Queen. Evil Regina was great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Snow White and Prince Charming bitching at one another was very funny, kinky Regina was great again, the sword fight was hilarious.

Hook better come good next week and die a hero, only one more now and then it's off till March again.

Everything is Swan Queen and nothing hurts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Everything is Swan Queen and nothing hurts

*praise hands*

Positive reviews across the board too critic wise. LOving QoD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bad Charmings... Now this could get fun from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm so relieved to see the Charmings have some dark moments in their past. They occasionally get on my nerves with the goody goody act. I love Once for the redemption arc/humanity its given some of its villains, and I'm excited to see a season where we start exploring the dark side of some of these heroes.

Netflix Ireland will now be showing new episodes of Once Upon A Time weekly every Monday morning after the US airing.

on my netflix it says new episodes every friday. That wait is too long to avoid spoilers tbh :(

on my netflix it says new episodes every friday. That wait is too long to avoid spoilers tbh :(

Sorry my fault I was going by there twitter I didn't see the s at the end of days after the US.

I read it as day after instead of days after.

https://twitter.com/ABCStudiosUK/status/576461662380793856/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

"Ok Yoda"

The Star Wars invasion of Storybrooke can't be far off now ;)

For a show I absolutely loved for the first 3 searies I think OUAT has just completely gone off the rails now!

ah here.

the Dark One?!?! Really???

She better come back all decked out in leather, wonder who will play the sorcerer?

• Advertisement

Does this mean Gold is good now? So much for Snow and Charming being the self sacrificing "heroes". They should have done it instead of her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Liam Garrigan joins as King Arthur

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just finished watching all four seasons over the past few weeks. Loved most of them. The Peter Pan ones I didn't really like.
    Looking forward to Seson 5!

once-upon-a-time.jpg?w=740&h=274&l=50&t=40

well, it's back.. the first episode didn't impress me much. I literally only watch this for Regina now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'm another latecomer - binged on the 4 seasons over a couple of weeks. I'm an Evil Queen man myself and hoping Robert Carlyle gets out of the sack soon. Not the overacting twerp that needs a damned good kicking, I mean the lad Begbie done well with magic in.

Only good bit was the link between the dagger and excalibur.

Dark One Emma was creepy weird.

Loved the Beauty & The Beast rose scene.

Loved the Beauty & The Beast rose scene.

Totally thought that bit was a bit ridiculous myself. Like here you go belle, carry this giant glass thing around to prove how worried you are, like a good girl!

I'm loving Dark Swan, she looked amazing after the darkness properly took over :o

Totally thought that bit was a bit ridiculous myself. Like here you go belle, carry this giant glass thing around to prove how worried you are, like a good girl!

I'm loving Dark Swan, she looked amazing after the darkness properly took over :o

She did a party trick on a dwarf and spared Regina. There may be more going on than meets the eye. And Belle even with jar is extremely perceptive.

well, it's back.. the first episode didn't impress me much. I literally only watch this for Regina now

Regina is the best thing about the show and she has the best lines. Snow and Charming have turned into an absolute cringe fest. They have gone from being my favourite characters in the beginning to being my least favourites (after Belle)

However King Arthur is quite a dish! :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

One of my fave things so far in S5 was the Charming/Regina dance scene. With her changing outfits, nice bonding moments and classic Evil Queen sass all episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just on episode one of season 5 now.
    Lovin it. Esp Hook.

Caroline Morahan will play Queen Elinor

They do like there Irish actors on the show.

Has she done any since she was on Podge and Rodge?

They do like there Irish actors on the show.

Has she done any since she was on Podge and Rodge?

Littlewoods Ireland ads

Yazoo: Only You was a weird track to hear in this weeks episode, can't get the damn song out of my head now. Another great twist on Merlin too.

Emma is evil as Dark Swan. Hope to see more of evil Mr Gold soon as he gets tiresome playing the wimp.

Loving Emma and Regina working together. Enjoyed this weeks episode more than last.

Also couldn't get Yazoo out of my head, catchy tune.

Who woulda thought we would see Caroline Morahan in something like this.

First episode this week was pretty good with interesting reveal at the end.

Second episode was interesting with Merida, Mulan and Ruby as a very nice looking team.
    Though I was getting confused by the timeline. Starts with Arthur and Zelena travelling, then flash back "Several years" (I assume 3 or 4 at least) to the king getting the helmet, then "2 years later" where Merida is about to be crowned, but the witch interrupts and sends her on the quest which shows it's actually the time Arthur and Zelena are there.
    Someone on this show really needs to sit down and work out their timelines because they've contradicted each other so often now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who woulda thought we would see Caroline Morahan in something like this.

First episode this week was pretty good with interesting reveal at the end.

Second episode was interesting with Merida, Mulan and Ruby as a very nice looking team.
    Though I was getting confused by the timeline. Starts with Arthur and Zelena travelling, then flash back "Several years" (I assume 3 or 4 at least) to the king getting the helmet, then "2 years later" where Merida is about to be crowned, but the witch interrupts and sends her on the quest which shows it's actually the time Arthur and Zelena are there.
    Someone on this show really needs to sit down and work out their timelines because they've contradicted each other so often now.
    They've been getting a lot of grief on social media over their timeline in the last few weeks. So much so that they tweeted a pic of their timeline in the writers' room (yo, apparently everything we've been watching for the last 5 seasons has taken place in 2years) and then with last weeks Merlin flashback story they were called out on the timeline again. Horowitz said they made a mistake and the title card was supposed to read "500 years earlier" not 200. Yeah right.
    And of course now they're sticking with the "Several years earlier" timeline. LOL.
    It's frustrating when you realize viewers have more of a vested interest in continuity than the people behind the show.

• Advertisement

Like I've said before, they're clearly making it up as they go along so a messed up timeline is expected.

Sure look at Gold. A couple episodes ago, it had Lancelot and Guinevere going after the Dark One's dagger and Rumplestiltskin appearing to stop him. Yet it only had a few years ago when Gold was in Storybrooke.

Of course this could all be waved off simply by saying time in Storybrooke moves differently than in the world of the Enchanted Forest, which seems to be on the same land mass as fictional Scotland and Camelot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Just binge watched the latest 5 episodes, yeah the convoluted timeline and constant flicks back and forth to flashbacks and "present day" and location changes - is this Granny's in Storybrooke or the transported Granny's that landed in Camelot?? - suffice to say, head was wrecked! :pac: But I'm happy to put those qualms aside because the story is pretty engaging I must say, loving the dark swan storyline, and really enjoying Zelena coming back into prominence again, I'd say her days will soon be numbered though. Can't wait for the 100th episode next week! :)

Unfortunately don't think there is an episode last week. Probably why this one was a double.

The most recent promo is saying on the new episode in two weeks time - Boo

Vayda wrote: »
    Unfortunately don't think there is an episode last week. Probably why this one was a double.

The most recent promo is saying on the new episode in two weeks time - Boo

Thanking you. I only watched the one episode on Monday morning. Never even knew they had aired a double.

I didn't know there was a double either until I came on here on tuesday for a look. Even Tumblr didn't reveal anything haha. I didn't like either episode this week. Serious lack of Regina. Even the return of Ruby and Mulan couldn't retain my interest for very long.

I didn't know there was a double either until I came on here on tuesday for a look. Even Tumblr didn't reveal anything haha. I didn't like either episode this week. Serious lack of Regina. Even the return of Ruby and Mulan couldn't retain my interest for very long.

Yeah, following the very exciting and twisty episode with the one they did, definitely made the second seem a bit boring.

I do like Merida but as you said, serious lack of Regina. Can't he having that.

• Advertisement

According to IGN (usualy well informed) we'll be having a LGBT theme later this season...so Yulan shall be getting the girl (which girl ? I'm hoping Red Riding hood lives up to her name).
    Although with my luck, Arthur and Prince Idiot will discover their inner passion for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

According to IGN (usualy well informed) we'll be having a LGBT theme later this season...so Yulan shall be getting the girl (which girl ? I'm hoping Red Riding hood lives up to her name).
    Although with my luck, Arthur and Prince Idiot will discover their inner passion for each other.

There were definitely hints of attraction between Mulan and Merida and when Mulan meets Red too. Love triangle brewing? :pac:

I'm sure it'll be like Supernatural where they struggle to fight one demon/angel early on yet as soon as multiples show up they've no problem.

And why doesn't Gold just order Hook/Emma to stop being evil. Are there rules to controlling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

This show worth picking up?

I think the writers of this show really need to sit down and plan things out in advance and decide what to do with all the characters. Based off last night's midseason finale:

-They once again hit a reset button to make Gold the Dark One again within half a season, despite him being supposedly pure and good until now.
    -They're afraid to kill off any main character. Like pretty good chance they're going to get Hook back after his dramatic death. This decision made within minutes of his sacrifice which cheapens it.
    -After it being pointed out that Robin's kids and Snow and Charming's kid would be without parents when they're sent to Hades and, again, this meant as an emotional moment, Robin, Regina, Snow and Charming all board the boat to Hades with no thought of them. Remember the time Snow would never leave the baby alone? She even brought him to Camelot. Maybe Zelena could've taken better care of her kid.
    It's pretty much a case of the writers feel they need that group together at all times.

As for making proper plans for the characters:
    -The Dwarves randomly turned up in time to be marked by the Dark Ones, yet where were they when the others were all by the river? It's like the writers decided they had served their purpose which I can't even remember and then discarded them.
    -This paired with the fact that Granny's was deserted bar Snow, Charming and Henry.
    -And remember when the dwarves and Granny joined the group going to Camelot because Grumpy said he was fed up of missing out on all the adventures? How often did we see them in Camelot?
    -With all the worrying about the Dark Ones, why did they never think to bring in the fairies? They mention them looking after the kids but that's it.
    -Then we have other characters. Will Scarlet got in for one season, before the writers realised they had nothing for him and just let us assume he's gone on to his Wonderland adventures. We all know about Ruby, which first alerted me to the show's poor planning.

It's probably better it's now on a break, though I'm sure it'll return to wrap up the season before going into another memory erasing storyline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement