Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Primary Schools in Lucan?

• 17-05-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi All

I've recently had a baby girl and would like to get her name down for a Primary School in Lucan as early as possible.

Like all parents, we want to select the best school for our child - both from an academic perspective as well as one that will be a positive and happy experience.

We're in St Mary's parish, but as 1st time Mum and originally from the country, I haven't a clue about school reputations, etc or even what schools exist! I'm open to both English and Gael Scoil options.

If anybody has any experiences/ opions they could share, I'd really appreciate it,

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gerrycorrigan

Would you have a preference for co-ed or single sex, denominational or non-d. In St Mary's parish you have the option of Scoil Mhuire NS, an all girls school attached to St Mary's Church near village. There is also Gaelscoil Naomh Padraig near Esker Meadows, and Lucan Ed Togehter in Mt Bellew Way.

As I said it depends on what you want - are you baptising your child as a Catholic - is a faith based education, going through the sacraments, an important thing to you.

Would you like your child to play GAA games? Do you want to be able to walk to the school?

I gaeilge important to you?

You have to weigh up the above (and more) questions before you make a choice.
    I hope this info/questions helps you.
    Fimo wrote: »
    Hi All

I've recently had a baby girl and would like to get her name down for a Primary School in Lucan as early as possible.

Like all parents, we want to select the best school for our child - both from an academic perspective as well as one that will be a positive and happy experience.

We're in St Mary's parish, but as 1st time Mum and originally from the country, I haven't a clue about school reputations, etc or even what schools exist! I'm open to both English and Gael Scoil options.

If anybody has any experiences/ opions they could share, I'd really appreciate it,

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement