Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new blackberry and dont know how to set up wifi

Options
  • 17-05-2011 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

i just bought the blackberry phone and i dont have a clue how to set up the wifi, can anyone give me a step by step how to set it up, need to put this pin in and i dont know how to do it. HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This might help you out Link

Post if you have any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

Davy wrote: »
    This might help you out Link

Post if you have any problems

yep got it thanks, i downloaded facebook app to it but it said im on a servicw plan that does not support this application. if you want to use this application, please contact your serive provider to upgrade your data plan... whats that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yoyo83 wrote: »
    yep got it thanks, i downloaded facebook app to it but it said im on a servicw plan that does not support this application. if you want to use this application, please contact your serive provider to upgrade your data plan... whats that all about?

You need to be on a phone plan that has Blackberry Internet Services (BIS) enabled... Did you buy it sim free, or on a contract?
    Or you may need to enable data in mobile network options (it's somewhere in the manage connections menu)

tman wrote: »
    You need to be on a phone plan that has Blackberry Internet Services (BIS) enabled... Did you buy it sim free, or on a contract?
    Or you may need to enable data in mobile network options (it's somewhere in the manage connections menu)

sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Blackberry's require a service book on the device to activate wifi. Some networks sell their phones with it already on it or if it's second hand the service book may still be on it from a previous owner. The only way to get the service book and thus wifi working is to purchase a Blackberry plan as pre pay from vodafone (50 cent a day) meteor/emobile (9.99 per month) or as a Bill pay add-on/plan from most networks.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Blackberry's require a service book on the device to activate wifi. Some networks sell their phones with it already on it or if it's second hand the service book may still be on it from a previous owner. The only way to get the service book and thus wifi working is to purchase a Blackberry plan as pre pay from vodafone (50 cent a day) meteor/emobile (9.99 per month) or as a Bill pay add-on/plan from most networks.

ya got it working there now,done the 9.99 per month as im on meteor. now i have to figure out how to check in on places..lol

Advertisement