Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 and Under Battle Of The Bands Free Slots Available Judge Based

Options
  • 17-05-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

This competition takes place in The Pint Bar on Eden Quay Dublin 1 on the 9th and 10th of July

Its FREE for bands to enter this competition but we do require each band/act to bring 10 fans along on the day of the gig, 2 be in with a chance of winning

If your from down the country and cant get 10 people to come to the gig, contact us anyway and we ll try and come to some other agreement with you.

We get an average of 150 to 200 people to these gigs so you'll always get to play to a great crowd.

1st and 2nd prizes will be one day recording in a proper studio in Dublin

and 3rd prize will be a half day band photo-shoot with professional photographer and make-up artist

Also a free €50 voucher's for Trackmix Studio for every band that enters the competition

if interested please visit our facebook page and click like www.facebook.com/liveandunsigneddublin

and then email us at
    liveandunsigneddublin@gmail.com with all your bands details, links to music etc, also bio of the band/act including, age, where your based, and any other info

We provide 2 guitar amps, one bass amp, 3 DI-boxs, full Pa with 3 mic's, all the usual drums equipment besides the snare, symbols, and hi hat clutch,

If you need additional amps, you can bring your own, or if you want to use your own that fine 2.

You get 20 minutes to play and 10mins to set up

Normally between 6 to 8 bands battle it out on these days

You don't have to be Irish to enter, its open to any type of music or nationality living in Ireland

The winner is decided on the night by our 3 judges, and this is announced after the last band/act

oh if you get the chance check out this band www.facebook.com/24brokenamps

Comments

Daycentbill, please put how much admission is for fans in your posts. Under 18's, contrary to popular opinion, don't usually have that much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Daycentbill, please put how much admission is for fans in your posts. Under 18's, contrary to popular opinion, don't usually have that much money.

As its an under 18' s event, the bar takes half of all our takings, so we have to charge €8 for this one only!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Sounds good, my only issue is the having to bring 10 people.
    I'm from down the country and its during the week. i'd not be able to get 10 people to go.I'd say quite a few would be in the same position really. :(

Best of luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Daycentbill

Sounds good, my only issue is the having to bring 10 people.
    I'm from down the country and its during the week. i'd not be able to get 10 people to go.I'd say quite a few would be in the same position really. :(

Best of luck folks.

Hi its not on during the week, its on Saturday and Sunday, if your from down the country and cant get the 10 fans, contact us anyway and we ll try and come to an agreement with you

Advertisement