Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live question

• 17-05-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hi lads i got eircoms modem today so ia am after setting it up,,,now i have the modem up and running and all is there,,,phone connection is workin away so is the broadband,,,,now im going to move the computer upstairs so i have to get a 10 metre cable,so when i do i will marry the computer up to the broadband then

my question can i connect to xbox live now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Is it a wireless router? Do you have a new slim model with the wireless built-in? Have you tried running a search for your wireless signal on the Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

wifi is your friend, or homeplugs if ur concerned about connection issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

no dont think its wireless,,,,,connect ports at the back for the computer,,,also has a yellow cable for computer connection

what they mean by the routers wpa pass????????

no dont think its wireless,,,,,connect ports at the back for the computer,,,also has a yellow cable for computer connection

All routers have this. What make/model is the router, is there an aerial sticking out from it?

If it's not wireless you'll have to plug a cat5 cable from the xbox to the router to get it online (live).

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    All routers have this. What make/model is the router, is there an aerial sticking out from it?

If it's not wireless you'll have to plug a cat5 cable from the xbox to the router to get it online (live).

ya there is an aerial out of the back of it.......has 4 connections at the back too ,,,,,,,,we both a yoke to click into the back of the xbox that apperently boosts the signal if your modem is down stairs and console is upstairs

ya there is an aerial out of the back of it.......has 4 connections at the back too ,,,,,,,,we both a yoke to click into the back of the xbox that apperently boosts the signal if your modem is down stairs and console is upstairs

So your router is wireless. And do you mean that you have an old xbox? Cos the new (black) ones have the wireless card built in so you don't need any boosters (that I know of!).

So if you have the wireless set up on it on your PC go to Start Run and type cmd then hit enter. This will bring up a black dos box.

In to that type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes) and press enter.

Get the number after where it states your Default Gateway and put that in to the address bar of your internet browser and hit enter. This will bring you to the configuration page for your router. You should see a heading for Wireless on the left, click that and check your ID.

Go to your xbox and in to settings, network settings and scan. It'll scan for wireless networks and might pick up a good few others. Select the same named one that you checked earlier.

Advertisement