Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Allowance

Options
  • 17-05-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me more about this. I dont know the first thing about it. All i know is you have to be unemployed for a certain amount of time.

I am just after finishing a year long course. If it all goes well, i have the option to progress to to another year, which is what I want.

During the year, I lived of savings. They are drying up and I was going to take out a loan for another year in september.

I have been weeks looking for work and nothing came up so I am applying for the dole. I went in last week and was told i would be on job seekers benefit, so it shouldn't take too long to process. I have the interview next week, so probably sometime after this.

I was reading some where that if you're in a PLC college, you only have to be on the dole for 3 months. Is this correct? Is there any catch? Sure, if im on the dole for the 3 months during summer, wouldn't I be better off not working, to claim BTEA. Rather than my original idea of getting a loan?

Advertisement