Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom maps v870 released.

Options
  • 17-05-2011 5:53pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

TomTom maps v870 released .
    http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/shop/maps/

Any issues post here.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is not yet possible to buy a new map for navcore 10 devices. It is possible to get the latest version of the map currently on the device.
    To get map updates on Navcore 10 devices.
    Goto
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/
    Select Update your map.
    With your device connected let the page detect your device. It will then report if your map is up to date or what update options are available.
    Select once off map or map update service & continue with purchase.
    When done you are returned to My TomTom
    Select Check for new items & your map download will appear.
    Hopr this helps with some of the confusion re updating these devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Hi KoolKid,

I have a GoLive 1005. My TomTom says it's up to date, but the maps section of the site says my map is out of date and an update is available to buy!

Device says map is 'Europe' v865.3243

Device is about 6 weeks old and I thought I'd get free map updates for 90 days? How do I get the new map?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What map was on the device when you bought it?

I have no idea. Does it matter?
    KoolKid wrote: »
    What map was on the device when you bought it?

When you buy a device you are entitled to the latest map when you register the device. If for example ,when you bought the device , map version 855 was installed. You connected to My TomTom & received the latest map at the time which was v865, then I don't think you are entitled to another upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

..two updates in two months...quite not TomTom like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid,

I have a GoLive 1005. My TomTom says it's up to date, but the maps section of the site says my map is out of date and an update is available to buy!

Device says map is 'Europe' v865.3243

Device is about 6 weeks old and I thought I'd get free map updates for 90 days? How do I get the new map?

Thanks.

Have you connected up to My Tom Tom and registered. Mine updated once I connected. That is the version I have also. My 1005 is 3months old.

Airuser

So it's not 90 days, it's 1 map within 90 days?
    If the map was out of date when I got the device it burned up my 'free update' the day I got it and now 6 weeks later it's out of date again, and I have to spend another €30 to get the current map?

That's a pretty poor policy for €350 euro flagship device, I would have expected all updates within 90 days of first using it. That's the impression I had from the blurb at the time.

:mad:

KoolKid wrote: »
    When you buy a device you are entitled to the latest map when you register the device. If for example ,when you bought the device , map version 855 was installed. You connected to My TomTom & received the latest map at the time which was v865, then I don't think you are entitled to another upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/

Try this page. It may help.

Airuser

Latest map guarantee using MyTomTom
    The following navigation devices connect to MyTomTom:
    GO 1000 series, GO LIVE 800 series, Via series, Start 20 series, Sony XNV
    For devices connecting to HOME click here.

When you buy a new TomTom navigation device, there is a small chance that a newer map has been released since your device was manufactured.

To check for a newer map, do the following:

Make sure that you have the MyTomTom support application installed on your computer. You can download the MyTomTom support application here: tomtom.com/getstarted

Connect your navigation device to you computer.

MyTomTom starts and automatically checks if a newer version of your map is available. If you are entitled to a latest map guarantee, MyTomTom offers you that latest map.
    3307_uk.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement