Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you own Master of Puppets?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

No I don't
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    Anyone else look at that list and go "Phew, I'm not on it."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Malice wrote: »
    Nope, I feel good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

No I don't
    In fairness it was a public poll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No I don't
    Well me in my capacity of forum moderator anyway.
    Yeah... Asshole. :p
    I must say in fairness to the lads/lassies listed here, most of them are very good posters, nothing wrong with most of their tastes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

• Advertisement

No I don't
    old gregg wrote: »
    1765-96-20090311100848.jpeg
    in fairness i'd be facepalming if I didnt own the album too :p

in fairness i'd be facepalming if I didnt own the album too :p

na I'm good on that one. I still think it's an only OK album by a vastly over rated band and cheesy coercion aint going to change that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No I don't
    na I'm good on that one. I still think it's an only OK album by a vastly over rated band and cheesy coercion aint going to change that :p

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I dont actually have a physical copy of it :eek: got a copy of a mates years ago wondering what metallica was all about (long time ago now!). i havnt actually bought a cd in 4 years! all downloads now, that being said I havnt bought any new music in a long time either.

No I don't

What Mental Mickey said sums it up :p
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No I don't
    What Mental Mickey said sums it up :p

:D

No I don't
    Any street cred old gregg might lose with the above statement is immediately regained and doubled by the fact that he's a Meshuggah fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

No I don't
    Any street cred old gregg might lose with the above statement is immediately regained and doubled by the fact that he's a Meshuggah fan.

you can't trump puppets like that!:eek:

a crazy man in a pair of dirty y fronts is still a crazy man meshuggah tee shirt or not!

.....ok don't know where that came from and no old gregg i don't think you are crazy or have old dirty y's on.

oh wait i do, just watched that nutter in cork airport, i'm not crazy honest!

in all seriousness, it was an open poll and people were given the option of expressing an opinion. So some of don't like MOP? So frickin what. Live with it but spare me the **** suggesting people who don't like an album should be ashamed of themselves, jeez is this children's forum during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

No I don't
    ah sure it's only a bit of craic, without that i think i'd have left boards a long time ago.
    wouldn't take it too seriously, then again i haven't matured properly for my age:(

No I don't
    So some of don't like MOP? So frickin what. Live with it
    Well said. I don't think Max_Power1 was having a go at anyone I reckon it was just tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone should ever be ashamed of their musical taste as it's all down to personal preference. As I mentioned previously, even just taking the forum title of "Rock & Metal" we have two massive genres which, while there is a certain amount of cross-over are poles apart in places. It's no surprise that there is a diverse set of opinions to be had and, in fairness it makes this forum the most interesting genre-specific one in the Music category for me at least (although I realise I'm biased).

Actually, I can't remember if I mentioned it before but there were some stats published recently on the Mods forum which showed that Rock & Metal had the most followers in the genre-specific forums in the Music category so well done to those of you who keep up to date with this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Well said. I don't think Max_Power1 was having a go at anyone I reckon it was just tongue in cheek. I don't think anyone should ever be ashamed of their musical taste as it's all down to personal preference. As I mentioned previously, even just taking the forum title of "Rock & Metal" we have two massive genres which, while there is a certain amount of cross-over are poles apart in places. It's no surprise that there is a diverse set of opinions to be had and, in fairness it makes this forum the most interesting genre-specific one in the Music category for me at least (although I realise I'm biased).

Actually, I can't remember if I mentioned it before but there were some stats published recently on the Mods forum which showed that Rock & Metal had the most followers in the genre-specific forums in the Music category so well done to those of you who keep up to date with this forum.
    Congratulations.

No I don't
    in all seriousness, it was an open poll and people were given the option of expressing an opinion. So some of don't like MOP? So frickin what. Live with it but spare me the **** suggesting people who don't like an album should be ashamed of themselves, jeez is this children's forum during the day?

As Malice_ said....
    Well said. I don't think Max_Power1 was having a go at anyone I reckon it was just tongue in cheek. .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No I don't
    Run Gregg. They are coming round to your house with a hell of a lot of duct tape, and headphones. I smell a Puppets intervention attempt. :D

Just scream that Deicide are shyte and you will confuse Max Power long enough for you to escape. :D

No I don't
    Jemmaa wrote:
    Congratulations.
    Congratulations to everyone that posts.
    Emotes_in_rave_party_by_BrunoSupremo.gif
    Max Power1 wrote:
    As Malice_ said....
    I see how it is. I put a superflous underscore in your name and you just have to return the favour? :p
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Just scream that Deicide are shyte and you will confuse Max Power long enough for you to escape. :D
    :eek: Uh oh, is this where the thread finally gets derailed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

:eek: Uh oh, is this where the thread finally gets derailed?
    Just like the old "Album of the week" threads, it'd have to be Deicide that does it :pac:

No I don't
    I see how it is. I put a superflous underscore in your name and you just have to return the favour? :p

But yours isnt spurious, it's part of the username (well used to be)!
    Denny M wrote: »
    Just like the old "Album of the week" threads, it'd have to be Deicide that does it :pac:
    The way I look at it, Deicide is the AOTW every week by default, unless theres a thread!

No I don't
    But yours isnt spurious, it's part of the username (well used to be)!
    Spurious is not the same as superfluous and I am more than happy with my underscoreless username :).

No I don't
    Spurious is not the same as superfluous and I am more than happy with my underscoreless username :).
    Is there an english grammar forum on boards?:pac:

Ah they are used interchangeably in conversation, the meaning is similar enough to what I meant!

No I don't
    Is there an english grammar forum on boards?:pac:
    Actually there is.
    Max Power1 wrote:
    Ah they are used interchangeably in conversation, the meaning is similar enough to what I meant!
    Use in conversation is no guarantee of correctness. To me they are sufficiently different that I don't know why one would be used in place of the other. Spurious means counterfeit or false and superfluous means redundant or unnecessary so for example:
    • Max Power1 made spurious allegations against Malice being pedantic.
    • Max Power1 made superfluous allegations against Malice being pedantic.

Both sentences are roughly equivalent but wouldn't you rather say what you actually mean as opposed to along the lines of what you mean?

And I'm well aware that both sentences are wrong because I am in fact being pedantic ;).

No I don't
    Actually there is.

Use in conversation is no guarantee of correctness. To me they are sufficiently different that I don't know why one would be used in place of the other. Spurious means counterfeit or false and superfluous means redundant or unnecessary so for example:
    • Max Power1 made spurious allegations against Malice being pedantic.
    • Max Power1 made superfluous allegations against Malice being pedantic.
    Both sentences are roughly equivalent but wouldn't you rather say what you actually mean as opposed to along the lines of what you mean?

And I'm well aware that both sentences are wrong because I am in fact being pedantic ;).

Either I have been pre-banned from that forum or its private!

And to say that "that's me schooled" is an understatement!

(yes I realised it's incorrect to start a sentence with "and" :P )

Edited to add: How do I request access to the forum you linked?

No I don't
    Edited to add: How do I request access to the forum you linked?
    You're right, it is a private forum. It's the Spell Czechs forum. I think you have to post here to request access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Master of Puppets, together with Ride The Lightning, were the first metal albums I ever bought (way back in 1993). :D

No I don't
    Master of Puppets, together with Ride The Lightning, were the first metal albums I ever bought (way back in 1993). :D
    And which one do you prefer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No I don't
    Denny M wrote: »

Ahh good times. The weekly battle to make sure that Deicide were pipped for the album of the week award.:D

Advertisement