Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you own Master of Puppets?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No I don't
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    But yours isnt spurious, it's part of the username (well used to be)!

The way I look at it, Deicide is the AOTW every week by default, unless theres a thread!

Wherever there is a Max Power trying to get votes for a Deicide album of the week award there will be a Kess raising votes against it. :D

Pretty much a Prof X/Magneto vibe. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

No I don't
    @Malice

Lets resurrect the AOTW threads!

For old times sake!

There can only be one winner the first week! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

No I don't
    Hmm, the mention of Deicide seems to have killed the conversation in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

No I don't
    Malice wrote: »
    Hmm, the mention of Deicide seems to have killed the conversation in this thread.

Yes, but in all fairness, I don't remember the subject of this thread actually being on the AOTW list. Be a real shame not to have MOP on the list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Sure enough, whilst looking through an old CD rack at my place in Galway last weekend, there it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

No I don't
    Yes, but in all fairness, I don't remember the subject of this thread actually being on the AOTW list. Be a real shame not to have MOP on the list....
    Ride the Lightning made it and that's enough for me :).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No I don't
    Deicide kills a lot of things. :pac:

No I don't
    Nailz wrote: »
    Deicide kills a lot of things. :pac:
    The clue is in the name :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

No I don't
    i blame you maxpower1, for jinxing the whole forum with your unholy devotion to that band!
    :p

No I don't
    i blame you maxpower1, for jinxing the whole forum with your unholy devotion to that band!
    :p
    Ah I had one or two accomplices as I remember it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Ah I had one or two accomplices as I remember it!
    Guilty as charged :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Yeah me too. For those of you who voted no, it'd be great if you'd let us know why you don't own it. I mean, while I don't agree, Master of Puppets is regarded as Metallica's best album, Metallica is probably the most popular metal band going and I've yet to hear anyone ever complain about the quality of their first four albums.
    After listening to it regularly for years, for some reason I didn't listen to the album straight through for quite some time.

I got a hankering for it about 6 months ago, so I put the lot on my iPod. It was like listening to it for the first time again. 'Battery' was simply phenomenal. For some reason I used not like 'Damage Inc.' so much. But this time round I definitely 'got' it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

No I don't
    Yeah Battery is one of Metallica's finest songs. Was listening to it today. It's such a mean agressive **** you song. I love it. The solo is simply phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

On Cassette twice and CD. Their best in my opinion and Leper Messiah the fave track for me.

I am reading Enter Night at the minute, its a great read, I never realised how badly they treated Jason Newstead, he was my favourite band member when I was a teenager so I feel a bit disgusted about his treatment. I kinda gave up on Metallica when Jason left, musical path took a different direction. I also felt it was turning into Metallica Inc ,all about the money ( also just noticed Metallica Monopoly on the Metallica thread) especially when the Live **** Binge &Purge box set came out. Who the feck could afford to spend 80 quid on it when it came out.

Still they are legends, listening to all albums with the expection of St Anger (which I dont possess) at the mo and looking forward to seeing them at Sonisphere next month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

No I don't
    Nea wrote: »
    I never realised how badly they treated Jason Newstead, he was my favourite band member when I was a teenager so I feel a bit disgusted about his treatment. I kinda gave up on Metallica when Jason left, musical path took a different direction.

True enough, loved Jason, and although I never gave up on Metallica I did feel a part of them died forever that day....certainly their link with Cliff, whether they want to deny it or not

No I don't
    Nea wrote: »
    On Cassette twice and CD. Their best in my opinion and Leper Messiah the fave track for me.

I am reading Enter Night at the minute, its a great read, I never realised how badly they treated Jason Newstead, he was my favourite band member when I was a teenager so I feel a bit disgusted about his treatment. I kinda gave up on Metallica when Jason left, musical path took a different direction. I also felt it was turning into Metallica Inc ,all about the money ( also just noticed Metallica Monopoly on the Metallica thread) especially when the Live **** Binge &Purge box set came out. Who the feck could afford to spend 80 quid on it when it came out.

Still they are legends, listening to all albums with the expection of St Anger (which I dont possess) at the mo and looking forward to seeing them at Sonisphere next month

Ah here now, St Anger's a great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

No I don't
    Fago! wrote: »
    Ah here now, St Anger's a great album.

Ah here now, no, no it's not - you'd be wise to avoid that album at all costs

No I don't
    Ah here now, no, no it's not - you'd be wise to avoid that album at all costs

Don't listen to Motley, he's horribly drunk. St Anger is a god album. Not VERY song on it is brilliant, but the likes of Frantic, Unnamed Feeling, sweet Amber and SKOM are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Have it on vinyl and C.D, best album ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

No I don't
    woodturner wrote: »
    Have it on vinyl and C.D, best album ever.
    MOP or St. Anger?

;P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

MOP and Kill 'em All. I love the St. Anger album. I'm a huge Metallica fan and love all their music. It helped me through some tough times in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Bought MOP quite recently actually, despite being a Metallica fan for 7ish years.

Bought my first copy in Vietnam so it wasn't quite an official copy >_>

Advertisement