Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re applying for Firearms cert?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    4 years ago, i had a .22lr, .223 and a shot gun.
    I sold them all and gave up the shooting, although, did not give up hunting altogether.
    I still go ferreting and lamping.
    I don't have any firearms at present.
    I was, thinking of applying again, for a rifle cert, in a few months.
    As i sold my guns and handed in my certs, would i be able, to approach the Gardie again, to apply once more, or, do you think i would be turned away, due to me giving it up?
    Just thought i would ask here first.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Keelan wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    4 years ago, i had a .22lr, .223 and a shot gun.
    I sold them all and gave up the shooting, although, did not give up hunting altogether.
    I still go ferreting and lamping.
    I don't have any firearms at present.
    I was, thinking of applying again, for a rifle cert, in a few months.
    As i sold my guns and handed in my certs, would i be able, to approach the Gardie again, to apply once more, or, do you think i would be turned away, due to me giving it up?
    Just thought i would ask here first.
    Thanks.
    No reason why they wouldn't grant you licenses as long as you show good reason for having them, apply away, just because you got out of the game a couple of years ago will not go against you for new application, as a matter of fact your previous experience should help your application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Yeah at least your not in my boat with no previous rifle ownership experience awaiting the judgement call!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monte

It should stand for you that you have had rifle licences before what caliber are you going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

you might even get away with not having to do a firearms saftey course because of your previous experience

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Thanks folks.
    The firearms i had before, were, a .223, .22lr and a semi-auto 12b shotgun.
    If i did apply again, it would either be a .22lr, or, 17hmr, to cover the odd fox.
    I shall see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement