Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration grant for 2nd year

Options
  • 17-05-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is the process for the VEC grant for entering 2nd year. Just for Reg and Fees?

I presume I send the application form to the VEC stating 2nd year but do I have to send all the other stuff as well.
    Long birth cert,
    Letter from college - should I ask for this now before the break,
    income statements
    proof of address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Gerb68 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is the process for the VEC grant for entering 2nd year. Just for Reg and Fees?

I presume I send the application form to the VEC stating 2nd year but do I have to send all the other stuff as well.
    Long birth cert,
    Letter from college - should I ask for this now before the break,
    income statements
    proof of address.

Did you receive a grant in first year? If you did your VEC should send you out a letter and a short form asking if your details have changed since first year. If they haven't then you generally don't need to go through the rigmarole of the original application. You could contact the grants office in the VEC concerned.

If you are going directly into the second year of a course without doing first year then you would apply for the grant as usual.

Advertisement