Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 week blow dry

• 17-05-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Do you really, REALLY not wash your hair for 4 days???
    Am planning to book my appt, damage limitation if possible. So, thinking of getting it done, say on a thurs eve, allowing for not washing the hair til Monday a.m.
    Suggestions? Reckon I will just have to go under a rock for the weekend but better that than turn up in work with a greasy mop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yep, I got it done on a Saturday and had to warn people in work that I would be coming in to work with a horribly greasy head of hair that Monday. You're also not supposed to tie it up so you have to live with the full awfulness of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

So when did you wash it? I was hoping that if I got it done on a thurs that Id be able to wash it on the following monday a.m. Is it awfully greasy from day one i.e. will I have a horrible greasy head the next day anyway??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think I washed it on the Tuesday morning. I actually didn't feel it was 100% de greased after that and washed it again Tues night. Felt much better after that. It looked fine the first day and I went out to dinner that night. Obviously it's very flat and I like my hair big but it's fine. After that, I felt very conscious it was greasy. Was v glad to get it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missmoon99

Hey guys

Just wondering where ye got this done and how much it was? is it worth it? iv been looking it up there but all the posts seem to be from 2 yrs ago so was sondering if ye knew what the story is these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

12 week blow dry used to be fantastic but had to be taken off the market because of the tiny (1% or less) amount of formaldehyde in the product. There are a few formaldehyde free versions of it available now but I've heard they're not great and the effect wears off after 2 or 3 weeks. I wouldn't recommend it. Get an intensive conditioning treatment instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gemimahj

Hi, Just had the 12 wk blow dry today in Allure in Deansgrange, I purchased it on citydeal a few weeks back. They've advised me I only need to leave it in for 2 days??? Is that too short,it's the aveda product? Also would really appreciate any advice you can give me on how to get the most from it, I have a very strong curl in my hair and am trying desperately to get it to grow, so hoping to ease off the heat treating. Also would appreciate advice on the best/ most reasonably priced sulfate free sampoo and conditioner, thinking of going with the Moroccan Oil but if there's a cheaper alternative would love to know. Thanks so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gemimahj

Also just wondering about the gym, can I go to a spin class, I won't wash my hair after, gross I know, but intend on hibernating for the next two days? Thanks again.

Is it advisable for people who don't have curly hair? I want to get it cos I have kinked hair and would often get it blow dried straight in hairdressers. I'm just worried now that it's really for curly hair and OTT for other. ??

Is it a bad idea to go swimming? I'm still planning to get the 12WBD done but wondering about the affect of chlorine so maybe I need to avoid swimming for the 12 weeks. I have done semi colours before but stopped as I enjoy swimming and I noticed the semi-perm colours never lasted with the chlorine presumably.

Emme wrote: »
    12 week blow dry used to be fantastic but had to be taken off the market because of the tiny (1% or less) amount of formaldehyde in the product. There are a few formaldehyde free versions of it available now but I've heard they're not great and the effect wears off after 2 or 3 weeks. I wouldn't recommend it. Get an intensive conditioning treatment instead.

I agree, although i'd go as to say effect lasted less than 2 weeks and it itches! Don't waste your money. Thank god it was a deal and not full price at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 maherch

Gemimahj wrote: »
    Hi, Just had the 12 wk blow dry today in Allure in Deansgrange, I purchased it on citydeal a few weeks back. They've advised me I only need to leave it in for 2 days??? Is that too short,it's the aveda product? Also would really appreciate any advice you can give me on how to get the most from it, I have a very strong curl in my hair and am trying desperately to get it to grow, so hoping to ease off the heat treating. Also would appreciate advice on the best/ most reasonably priced sulfate free sampoo and conditioner, thinking of going with the Moroccan Oil but if there's a cheaper alternative would love to know. Thanks so much.

How did you get on with it? I'm booked in for it tomorrow - still trying to decide if it's worth it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

I got it done once. I have kinky frizzy hair and found it to be excellant. I left it in for two days before washing if my memory serves me correctly. I only used the shampoo and conditioner the salon gave me. After washing I still had to use a straightener. But in ten minutes i had salon straighth hair. Worth getting it done if you go once a week to hairdressers to get a blowdry straight. I got a good deal and cost wise it worked out the same as going every week. Haven't got it done since health warnings though. You'll love having smooth straight hair everyday! Worth the two days of greasy head! You will find as the weeks go on you will have to use your ghd for longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I had one done in January and found it fantastic. I got it done on a Saturday afternoon and washed my hair on Monday morning and it was fine. The HSE was aware of the issues with the formaldahyde and all those products have been taken off the market, as far as I know, but check with your salon first. I have very thick hair and it takes ages to detangle it after washing and then blow dry it. After the 12 week blow dry my hair brush just skimmed right through my hair and I could dry it much easier. I won that treatment, so it cost me nothing. Lots of the deal type websites, like Boards deals and City deals have special offers on 12 week blow dry treatments, so if you're not in a hurry to get one done then hang on for a deal to come up. I have my second one bought and paid for, just need to make time to go get it done. I highly recommend the Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner too, they prolong the treatment and they make your hair amazing. I'm a convert now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 fordey101

The body shop do a sulphate free shampoo for about €10?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tooshka

Gemimahj wrote: »
    Peter Mark sell the white Kerastase shampoo (currently on 20% off) which is fine and lasts ages - as long as the original treatment is working. you shouldn't need conditioner. I didn't think the Aveda stuff was great and it cost €32 for the shampoo and conditioner.

Advertisement