Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin can I buy a yoghurt maker?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi!

I am looking to buy a yoghurt maker, one like this one

I really liked this particular one as it comes with extra jars (I am pretty sure I'll break one or two at some point, so it would be good to have extra ones :D)

Unfortunately, this Amazon seller does not ship to Ireland. Didn't see anything I liked on eBay.

Any idea where to get a similar yoghurt maker in Dublin? Argos don't stock them, I'll check Arnotts tomorrow

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Would you not just get an Easiyo maker? They have small jars as well as the big litre ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Aldi are doing a special on them next week here in Australia if you want to travel to Melbourne :D....funny I had never heard of them before the leaflet came in my door yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe you'll get more locally-relevant responses in Dublin City forum. Moved.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Try making it in a flask..
    I have always used this method:
    Heat a pint of milk to blood temp, i guage it by dipping a finger in, if it feels warm, its too warm, if you cant really feel a temperature change then its perfect.
    Mix in a teaspoon of natural yoghurt, whisk it well, and then transfer to a standard thermos flask, which you can pre warm by rinsing it out with hot water.
    Leave overnight and fingers crossed you should have yogurt in 12 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

They used to sell them in health food shops, sorry I don't know which brand, just remember seeing them years ago. Maybe try your local health food shop or holland and barrett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

They used to be in Arnotts .......don't know if they still stock them but worth asking in there.
    There is a also a shop on Pearse St which sells kitchen stuff for chefs and cooking. Might be also worth popping into!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Thanks everyone!

I found one in DID Electrical in Clerys, a Moulinex one. Arnotts don't stock them anymore.

Off to make my first batch of yoghurts now!

Claire

Advertisement