Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi finally coming to Sligo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

wow, now that's a fantastically badly written article full of hyperbole, ranting and red herrings.

nutters like that should take it here to boards and not be let spew it out on a website that touts it as 'news' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That 'article' would have been better written by a farm animal. I see the author didn't have the guts to put their name to it either.

Seriously, my dog would produce better copy than this
    What the Hell is the point in having planning discussed in public when councillors clearly had done no 'audit' of what would happen when the third Sligo supermarket would open in the same stretch of roadway.

Maybe the Chamber of Commerce, too, should look into it's heart -- or whatever.

The only credit I'll give them is for the Straightback reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'm not impressed with the shop in fairness.

The car park is a million times too small for what the shop is. The shop is too small too. They have a massive warehouse stuck to the side of the shop. If they halved it they would have a much bigger shop.

Selection was ok, but not fantastic. I got bored of the place after about half way through. Lidl is much bigger by far, and yes the shop staff are ignorant but they are cheaper and have more variety than Aldi.

No brainer for me tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

wow the person who wrote that article really likes the word farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Poor Straightback will be turning in his grave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm not impressed with the shop in fairness.

+1

much of a muchness really in comparison with Lidl when it comes to products, choice and prices.

But Lidl definitely offers more space both inside and out (& the bakery), so won't be shopping in Aldi unless they draw me in with some must-have useless special.

BTW ...I don't find the staff in Lidl particularly rude or ignorant ...maybe just a bit stressed at times.

Advertisement