Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What puppy food would you recommend?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi All,

Just got a lovely Jack Russell puppy and was wondering what puppy food would you recommend?

Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Burns for nugget poops and no farts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Can of worms...

Good brands (IMO) include Royal Canin, James Wellbeloved, Burns, Orijen or Arden Grange. Personally, I recommend James Wellbeloved because my guys have always done really well on it and it's a very good price for the quality of food you get. Most large pet stores stock good puppy foods, as do vet practices, so it's pretty easy to get your hands on a good food for your little one. Stay clear of supermarket brands and the cheaper brands (eg. Pedigree, Bakers etc.) as they are very low quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 coolbean

Thanks for the suggestions. Going to pop to the pet shop and see what advice they have. You never know if it's a bit biased! But James Wellbeloved sounds like a good call.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

tk123 wrote: »
    Burns for nugget poops and no farts :D
    Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Have just started my lot on Whites dog food,switched from Rc and i will now stick with whites. very reasonabley priced, less poo and very convienant,order it today and will be with u the next. delievery free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Pet shops don't always know what they are talking about when it comes to food sometime it's just trial and error.
    We use Burns and used Burns puppy totally agree no stinky farts and neat poops, I found Royal Canin more expensive and didn't help with the Papillons tear stains.
    Nothing wrong with a food like Red Mills either it just depends on your budget and what agrees with your dog, I've used the Burns brand on any dogs here and the cat one for cats and poops always cleared right up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 coolbean

Barking heads puppy days is what the pet shop recommended. They didn't stock Burns so I went with the Barking Heads. So far so good.
    Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement