Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fossil repair

• 17-05-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys,

Looking for advice and hoping I won't get bad news! Managed to pull the central "knob" out of my watch the other night. You know the one you shift out slightly to change the date/time, well I had a few drinks on board and must have used a little bit too much force and it came out of the watch entirely... the knob followed by a little metal shaft, naturally the watch stopped working immediately!

Any advice? Suggestions? Can I get it repaired? Can I get it done in Dublin? Would I be better advised to send it back to Fossil? Any idea how much it'll cost me?

I'm sure it dosn't make much difference but here's a photo of it, I'm quite fond of it and hoping it can be revived at a reasonable cost!!!!
    http://www.countshop.com/images/Fossil-Men_s-Chronograph-Wood-Dial-CH2557_1.jpg?3908

Thanks a million for any help!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That should be pretty straightforward a repair. I'd imagine the stem(shaft) on the fossils are pretty standard, so even if it's broken should be easy enough to replace. I'd try one of those "we repair watches and jewelry" places first. There's one in both the square in Tallaght and in the Dundrum centre. Being a dyed in the wool southsider I'm at a loss for directions across the liffey :o:D Worth a punt anyway and cheaper than going to a more swanky place I would imagine. NIce looking watch BTW. I had a fossil watch for years. Very solid. One of the very few quartz watches I've ever owned that didn't die on me within the month.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I had a problem with a broken stem a while ago. I got it fixed at a Fast-fix shop for around €45 IIRC. That was for an automatic watch, so it might be different for a quartz one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 alantul

nice and gentle put it back in again yourself and save your money,
    if you have nothing broken it will stay in and away your watch will go again,
    if you have something broken it will come out again and you will have no harm done, dont force it in , it should go in easy until it is approx 1-1.5mm from the case and then click home, let us know how you go.

Advertisement