Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fit 4 life or similar get fit clubs etc

Options
  • 17-05-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone know anything about the fit4life run/walk club that goes around westside?

Im really interested in becoming involved in a club or something to get me more active. i have done running in the past but havent kept it up as much as i would have liked, so i would like something that caters for beginners too.

Any info or any ideas of new clubs or activities (yoga etc) that maybe starting or open to beginners??

Thanks
    Sarah
    Tagged:

Comments

Fit4 life do training runs/walks @7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    Just turn up outside Westside Library with your kit. They're very welcoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beautybysarah

What exactly do you need? (other than a pair of runners)
    Have you ever done it? just wondering what the general atmosphere is like at it

Just a pair of comfy runners, shorts/leggings, t-shirt and maybe hoodie.
    Was down there a few times, its run by Galway City Harriers, a lady called Bernie organises things. Sound atmosphere, all (and I mean all) ages and abilities, you can take things at your own pace.
    Definitely worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Might give this a spin when I've played some 5-a-side for a bit and can run for a few mins without collapsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Are these the people you'd see running around the foothpaths in the general Westside areas in high-viz vests? If so, then from my viewing, i'd agree that they do cater to all fitness levels as you'd see them in staggered group ranging from flat-out-running to slow walking.

As an old cross-country runner i'd love to get back involved with the likes of this... oh please will someone give me some spare time!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I went to the fit4life in Westside a few times.
    As far as I remember there was a few different groups.
    Runners, joggers, slow joggers and beginners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beautybysarah

thanks everyone i think i might give it a go. could be good fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

its a good place to start doing a bit of jogging. you dont need to be a runner. you dont need to be fit either. try not to have a coronary on the first evening out though. start with the easy group and progress along to doing a bit of running when your ready for it. there's some info on http://www.galwaycityharriers.com

Advertisement