Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M Sc IT Management

Options
  • 17-05-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone studied the M Sc in IT Management or the M Sc in Distributed and Mobile Computing?

I'm thinking about studying the M Sc in IT Management this September but I'd like some feedback on it first!

Thanks,
    Cathal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Search "Computing" on here about IT Management. IT Mgt and Computing have a common first year, second year they do a work placement during the summer till december/january.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Search "Computing" on here about IT Management. IT Mgt and Computing have a common first year, second year they do a work placement during the summer till december/january.

Thats the BSc,

The MSc is a bit different ;)

There are common modules between the 2 Masters course however the electives and mandatory subjects are different. For the D&MC Masters the emphasis is on development of mobile/distributed applications with some electives on law etc. The IT Management course is geared towards the business end of computing - tech law, strategic management and finance and such.

There should be an open evening in the IT on Thursday 16th June ask the guys there, they tend to give excellent advice on which path you should follow considering your own skillset.

Thats the BSc,

The MSc is a bit different ;)

:o:o

Didn't even notice the MSc in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Hi guys, thanks very much for the info!

Devil, have you studied the course yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

No butters personally I haven't yet (still undecided about D&MC in ITT or Advanced S.Dev in UCD) , but I know a number of people who are in the process of completing or have completed both courses, from what they say (and I am slightly biased towards the D&MC masters as I have more info on that) is that the course is very good, well taught and particularly challenging but you get a good grounding in the subject matters covered.

And Gavin...tut tut you'd think with some of the lecturers you've had (in particular a certain s.Dev 1st year Java lecturer) you'd pick up small details like that ;)

• Advertisement

And Gavin...tut tut you'd think with some of the lecturers you've had (in particular a certain s.Dev 1st year Java lecturer) you'd pick up small details like that ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Went to the Open Day on Thursday and I like the look of this course. Might go for it so :)

Advertisement