Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling sky

• 17-05-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

I'm with sky on the sky+ hd package since july last year. I'm wanting to cancel now as i've lost my job and can't even pay this months bill never mind next months is there a fee for cancelling before the 12 month contract is up??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

baraca wrote: »
    I'm with sky on the sky+ hd package since july last year. I'm wanting to cancel now as i've lost my job and can't even pay this months bill never mind next months is there a fee for cancelling before the 12 month contract is up??

Thanks

Generally you will be asked to pay the remainder of the contract but if you explain your circumstances to them they may help you out,a lot of people are in the same situation as yourself and are paying very little for their Sky.
    Whatever you do,ring them before your bill is due to be paid-DON'T ignore it or it will come back to bite you in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

My bill was due yesterday but there was no money in it to pay it, There will be money in it thursday but it's not mine it's my girlfriends and nothing to do with sky. If i rang them tomorrow explained my situation would they cancel for me and set up a payment system where by i could pay them a little off each week??

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

best thing to do ,
    Ring them asap,now. dont wait till tommorow.
    explain the situation (reduce the package as much as possible) think its 38 ish , once you have hd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

Make them aware you have other more important bills which have priority over there's too. When this happened to me I canceled all direct debits and standing orders and notified all about my situation. Almost all will work something out with you.

Rang them this morning and they said seen as i'm still in a contract till the 4th june i won't be able to ring to cancel till then and then i'll have to wait 31 days from then to cancel it altogether. So will be 4th july by the time i get it out completely, She downgraded it today for me to the cheapest package was €38. I asked her about the bill and if there was anything we could do to sort it out and she gave me the billing department number and told me to ring them as there was nothing she could from her end.

Would there be any point in ringing them will they be able to do anything for me?

• Advertisement

Rang them this morning and they said seen as i'm still in a contract till the 4th june i won't be able to ring to cancel till then and then i'll have to wait 31 days from then to cancel it altogether. So will be 4th july by the time i get it out completely, She downgraded it today for me to the cheapest package was €38. I asked her about the bill and if there was anything we could do to sort it out and she gave me the billing department number and told me to ring them as there was nothing she could from her end.

Would there be any point in ringing them will they be able to do anything for me?

If you are in contract until the 4th June and cancel then-your Sky will be switched off on 4th July because you are billed in advance and the 31 days notice covers this period.Your bill due this month will cover that so try and scrape up the €38 to cover it then cancel when your contract is up next month.

zerks wrote: »
    If you are in contract until the 4th June and cancel then-your Sky will be switched off on 4th July because you are billed in advance and the 31 days notice covers this period.Your bill due this month will cover that so try and scrape up the €38 to cover it then cancel when your contract is up next month.

Sorry i'm not sure i understand :o, What about the bill i have now will that have to be paid now? What if i cancel the direct debit and just pay them a little each week.

Sorry i'm not sure i understand :o, What about the bill i have now will that have to be paid now? What if i cancel the direct debit and just pay them a little each week.

You can't do it that way-you owe €38.Pay that much to them now and you're covered until your contract is up on 4th June.Cancel then.

Advertisement