Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[TA Events] Chernarus Conflict pt 4, 10-11 September 2011, Sennybridge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Salaas wrote: »
    Don't jinx it by over talking. :O

Very True Advice Salaas:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Salaas

*shakes his beads and medallions at Betty Blue*
    I'll have to sacrifice a goat now to appease the gods and ward off the possibility of it happening.

:D

Although wonder if anyone has any advice on whats the best and cost effective method of getting over to the event?

There is the option of driving over in cars but I was looking at possibly a mini bus but not sure whats the best crowd to rent it from that will cover us if we take it out of the country.

*shakes his beads and medallions at Betty Blue*
    I'll have to sacrifice a goat now to appease the gods and ward off the possibility of it happening.

:D

Although wonder if anyone has any advice on whats the best and cost effective method of getting over to the event?

There is the option of driving over in cars but I was looking at possibly a mini bus but not sure whats the best crowd to rent it from that will cover us if we take it out of the country.

Surely Sound Tactics, Overwhelming Firepower & a Cunning Plan would Suffice;) LOL

On another note were organizing and Bus over & Back , PM if your interested and I'll forward on Details:D

>.>
    Too late... *hides the goat*

Sounds good, though we're based down in Cork but sure will see what your plans are.
    Its funny that when factoring in the travel we also have to remember to factor in the guns and gear.

I know its probably a stupid question but I like to always cover my bases, are there charging points for batteries via mains or would would I be better off to bring along a 12v to use with my charger?

>.>
    Too late... *hides the goat*

Sounds good, though we're based down in Cork but sure will see what your plans are.
    Its funny that when factoring in the travel we also have to remember to factor in the guns and gear.

I know its probably a stupid question but I like to always cover my bases, are there charging points for batteries via mains or would would I be better off to bring along a 12v to use with my charger?

Thats Cool , Let me Know:D, Yes there's Plenty of Charging Point on Main's over there

Sweet as, I remember going to a event before and finding there was only 5 charging points that was supposed to do 40 people.
    Needless to say it was a overlooked thing so I just cautious about it.

I really hope they update the Orbat soon as want to see where the new signings get assigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there are sockets in the barn so just bring along your normal charger and you can work away

in terms of transport the cheapest route is to share with a few other people, the adverage budget is between 300 - 400 euros in my experiance, all depends f you want to stay over night in a b&b before and after the event, we travel straight back so save on that cost

routes are cork - swansea and rosslare - fishguard, both have there ups and down, the group i wth is going to take rosslare again where as the guys from the cork arsoft site are planning on taking the cork - swansea route this time

i would say best bet is to contact the cork guys on fb and see if the have any room, http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/118355434852935?ap=1

the rifs and equipments do not cause any problems if you apply common sense to your plans

Sweet as, I remember going to a event before and finding there was only 5 charging points that was supposed to do 40 people.
    Needless to say it was a overlooked thing so I just cautious about it.

I really hope they update the Orbat soon as want to see where the new signings get assigned.

tbh most events will take it as read that people will bring enought batteyr for the event as you can never guarentee charging facilitys, there more there as a back up, if your going to an event with the plans to charge on site i would change your plans :)

Puding wrote: »
    there are sockets in the barn so just bring along your normal charger and you can work away

in terms of transport the cheapest route is to share with a few other people, the adverage budget is between 300 - 400 euros in my experiance, all depends f you want to stay over night in a b&b before and after the event, we travel straight back so save on that cost

routes are cork - swansea and rosslare - fishguard, both have there ups and down, the group i wth is going to take rosslare again where as the guys from the cork arsoft site are planning on taking the cork - swansea route this time

i would say best bet is to contact the cork guys on fb and see if the have any room, http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/118355434852935?ap=1

the rifs and equipments do not cause any problems if you apply common sense to your plans

Puding Right there's a Crew from Cork Travelling up, Good Option!!, Cheapest way is on Coach with Good number of Airsofter's to Split the Cost:D

• Advertisement

tbh most events will take it as read that people will bring enought batteyr for the event as you can never guarentee charging facilitys, there more there as a back up, if your going to an event with the plans to charge on site i would change your plans :)

True that and I tend to always have everything charged and ready before I arrive but I also like to just check things for the 'just incase' moments.
    One of the buddies was the victim of a bad charge that had his battery not lasting the game and he having to go and grab his backup battery so I just like to have a backup to the backup batteries, if that makes any sense.

Was thinking of contacting the Cork Airsoft aswell since I noticed them in the Orbat.
    Would think they would be planning a coach aswell and as ye said split the cost of it. Think a coach or mini bus is a good idea as will give people room to stretch aswell during the trip instead of being cooped up and nearly being paralised when getting out of the car.

Will check it out and see what the story is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

The cork airsoft mob are travelling in convoy, no coach. Sorry lad. There is also a thread on the TA events forum for 3 platoon. If anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Will there be a Operation Takistan one at some point? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Operation takistan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Chernarus is a fictional area from the simulation game Arma 2 (although it's actually modelled on a real life area.). They then released a desert stand alone addon, operation arrowhead (which could be combined with arma2 to form Arma2 Combined Operations) based around the fictional area of Takistan (which is modelled off of real life topography of Afghanistan.)

Also in that addon is Zargabad, a very close recreation of downtown Baghdad.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

And yes, I play a lot of simulation games :)

Guys and Girls

Its Getting Close to The Senny Trip, The Rats & GasH Were going to Organise an Bus over and Back, Dublin to Hollyhead on the Friday Morning, Home the same way on the Sunday Evening, Limited Places, PM me and I'll let you know Price Etc..

Thanks
    Jonathan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Ferry booked.
    Bring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Ferry booked. Roll on Sept. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Have a good time lads won't be making this had to pull on it

Sorry to hear that Dale. I'll fill you in on it when we get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

I don't suppose anyone has G&G FN2000 compatible mags that they could loan to me?

I have 3, but need a few more. I've been trying to mod my own mags, but I don't have the required tools to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Tadgh i have six Emags you can borrow as long as you dont have to butcher them to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

scanlant wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone has G&G FN2000 compatible mags that they could loan to me?

I have 3, but need a few more. I've been trying to mod my own mags, but I don't have the required tools to do it.

I can probably share, most likely bringing the F2000 myself.

Of course if you can find someone who can lend me some G&G M14 mids you can have the lot :-)

EDIT: Actually, what tools? You can just shave the bit off the top of the mag with a craft knife or leatherman. Unless you're trying it with pmags or emags.

Also, I think it's about time:

effingon.jpg

About time indeed!

Tadhg - just get a hacksaw and shave a bit of the plastic off - pm me if you need pics - I've just done this for one of the lads heading over with us who has just picked up a F2000 as well. You need to take about 4mm off the bit of plastic that holds the spring that keeps the bbs in the feed tube until inserted into the gun (if this makes sense). Take 4mm off the back end (i.e. opposite end to the little plastic nodge that keeps the bbs in place). If you compare the original G&G mag to any plastic mid cap and look at the difference on the top you'll see what needs doing immediately.

really looking forward to this, weather is looking a little rough but nothing senny has not seen before

Picked up waterproof gear today, just to be on the safe side. Then checked weather forecast ... now I reckon it was money well spent!

First time over - even if it lashes rain all weekend I'll still enjoy it!

lashing rain is the true senny experience, the blistering sunshine of the previous even was lulling the first timers into a fault sense of security :)

the blistering sunshine of the previous even was lulling the first timers into a fault sense of security :)

So I've heard!
    In fairness, nobody should be surprised that it rains half way up the Breacon Beacons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I can probably share, most likely bringing the F2000 myself.

Of course if you can find someone who can lend me some G&G M14 mids you can have the lot :-)

EDIT: Actually, what tools? You can just shave the bit off the top of the mag with a craft knife or leatherman. Unless you're trying it with pmags or emags.
    About time indeed!

Tadhg - just get a hacksaw and shave a bit of the plastic off - pm me if you need pics - I've just done this for one of the lads heading over with us who has just picked up a F2000 as well. You need to take about 4mm off the bit of plastic that holds the spring that keeps the bbs in the feed tube until inserted into the gun (if this makes sense). Take 4mm off the back end (i.e. opposite end to the little plastic nodge that keeps the bbs in place). If you compare the original G&G mag to any plastic mid cap and look at the difference on the top you'll see what needs doing immediately.

I was trying to mod my mags last Monday using those methods and nearly lopped off my thumb, lost a good bit of blood and kinda reinforced the fact that I am useless at DIY. :)

Anyway, I hope everyone has printed out their customs cover letter, has booked their pyro and has packed wet weather gear and I'll see you all there. Should be ****ing epic.

Customs letter - check.
    Ferry ticket - check.
    Aegs upgraded with spare 'UK' springs ready for quick change over there - check.
    Wet gear ... err, wait - check
    Pyro ordered (far too much) - check.

Bring it!!

• Advertisement

scanlant wrote: »
    I was trying to mod my mags last Monday using those methods and nearly lopped off my thumb, lost a good bit of blood and kinda reinforced the fact that I am useless at DIY. :)

Bring your unmodded mags and I'll do them for you.

So I've heard!
    In fairness, nobody should be surprised that it rains half way up the Breacon Beacons!
    Ah now, rain is expensive for the mod to provide, they had to cut back on thier 24/7 rain sprinkler system hidden in the faux low cloud, it was getting pricy with the cutbacks.... its now only 90% rain, with the 10% being billed as the new 'Afgan' training package. Its just... nobody knows when that is.

Bags packed, boot of the car full.
    All that remains now is to have a few celebratory beers this evening and miss the ferry tomorrow morning ...

To everyone travelling over - have a safe trip - I'll see you over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Bags packed, boot of the car full.
    All that remains now is to have a few celebratory beers this evening and miss the ferry tomorrow morning ...

To everyone travelling over - have a safe trip - I'll see you over there.

Sh1t, I better start packing!!

See ya in the morning Kev n all.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Safe journey to all heading over - hope you have a blast! I know Despot will anyway! Hopefully I'll join ye all next time!

Wait, that's today? s***! *runs off to find an aeg and glasses*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

best of luck going over today hope the weather keeps up for ya's and the game even more so

gonna miss been over there and screaming obscenity's out the top floor window at ya's :)

so have fun stay safe and enjoy it

bring me back a stick of rock

Me and the Lemon just got in. Both knackered, but with high spirits.

General Synopsis... CDF ruled saturday, chedaki sunday, too close to call on a result outright.
    Weather: aquatic. Sideways rain, gailforce winds. This is airsoft in the tail end of a hurricane... Might add, the weather has canceled a lot of ferries, stranding a number of players in England for several days. Withing them safe trips home.

Best moment? platoon 3 rounded a corner en mass, and got hosed down by a lone gunman in a window, I charge forwards, and while spraying at the gunman with lemming's Stoner Mk23, walking the rounds towards the man, (and hit him) I drag a casualty into cover by his vest handle, before getting to work on him. Me and Spitfire had roughly 8 casualties each to sort at that moment, very busy! First time at a game we've had to send a runner back for a medical resuply!

Classic weekend, what was a bit 'meh' upto saturday night, and things felt a little too much like people were treating it like a sporting tornament... Win at all costs... and in some cases, cheat to get to that, but Overnight, we lost a few to travel arangements, and it seems, the cheaters were fair weather airsofters, and couldnt hack the scuba-soft in the sideways rain. Sunday, was spectacular, with great fair play, and replaced the 'we want to win for the series' mentality with a 'we have to win for our 'cause/team/friends' as the event built to its finale.

Big thanks to Ian, and the Irish contingent once again did themselves proud.
    apart from some CDF players in the barn farting and making weird noises in thier sleep. That's scarred into my memory.

One special mention... The Tigers. True hardcore warriors. The majority of them fought for 24 hours, and all of them fought for the duration of saturday without resuply, without food, water, beyond what they had carried in, and held the line valiantly. They captured Ian, and attacked his CP several times. Never fought with such a fine group of airsofters.

Just back off the ferry - has to be the worst ferry crossing I have ever endured. Not sure what that means though, as it is only the second ferry crossing I have ever endured...

As a first time Senny player I didn't know what to expect going over - I'd heard all the stories and soaked up the post game analysis on here after every previous game, envious of those who'd made the effort (and gone to the considerable expense) to head over. Now, after my first Senny weekend, I understand why.

Overall the weekend was awesome. I'm sure there are some Senny vets out there who will go "meh ... not as good as x, y or z" but for me it was complete shock and awe sensory overload! On Friday night we went for a walk around the village to get a feel for it at dusk and the training course that was ongoing led to a bloody huge pyro going off. I'd never experienced pyro - it was a double sensation of "what the fúck" coupled with "aw yeah!!". Then the tanks went up in flames - I think that was the point that I was sold, before a shot had even been fired in anger.

Highlight of the weekend - Saturday evening/night. Even being in the CDF CP when it was overrun was an experience, even though I cannot for the life of me figure out how eight guys standing around in the shagging front room with gen 3 NVGs (allegedly) and Thermal scopes weren't able to pick up the Tigers stacking up and coming in on a line that took them past the two windows of that room!! At least I feel a little better knowing that the grenade fecked out the back window took out someone stacking up on the back who inadvertantly stuck his head too high over the lean to at the rear and gave himself away.

Low point - weather. It seemed to rain every time I had to kit up from the boot of my car. But then again, it's the Breacon Beacons in September, so can't complain about the inevitable.

A huge thanks to everyone from here who wandered over for the weekend - it was tremendous fun shooting with you or at you (Lemming - our little gun battle between 16 and 9 just before end ex was enjoyable - I had a great view of you dropping a flashbang down on top of Echo 2-2 as they stacked up on the gable wall before you fired down from the window). Also great to meet some of the British guys on the tan side - holding out in building 9 in mid morning (before we all piled out the back door and got slotted by Belgians...) was another high point, made all the more awesome by being able to feck pyro down stairs and into the basement with reckless abandon. My only regret is that I left so much pyro to the end worried that I would run out - then ended up selecting from the 'menu' of stuff in the backpack as we were assaulted ("hmm ... what does a multibang sound like - let's find out" ... "wait Kev - is that a thermobaric - very loud, use that instead").

Playing as a medic was new for me - and I was surprised to find that I enjoyed it. On occasions when I was without my section being a medic gave you a good reason to tag along with another group as they hit up a building. Breaching and clearing has to be one of the most fun things I have ever done in airsoft. I think it might have ruined the Sunday skirmish for ever!

Finally - to all of Echo 2-1 - lads, it was an absolute pleasure fighting along side you guys. 2-1 Actual - you did a great job in keeping us all in line and getting us stuck in - fair play! Guy, Brent, Aido, Kiwi, Jack - legends one and all...

< roll on Copehill in April >

Echo 2-1 Bravo ... out - and time for some well earned kip.

• Advertisement

Good event, probably my favorite so far, playing with the Tigers was an experience, despite being in an undermanned section, that's ringers for you :-)

Weather was actually fine I always use PR2 in November 2008 as the benchmark for ****ty, and this was actually grand for most of saturday, overcast, drizzly, bit windier than it could have been.

Second time playing from the 'south' end of the site, and the conclusion is it's definitely stacked against whoever's playing from there. Doors tend to be on the side or north of houses, which means breaches were a pain sometimes. Didn't stop Ian from getting his **** wrecked of course :-)

It's deffinately more of a chore, the north side has far more commanding views of aproaches due to slight elevation, and access, the kicker is the road at 7 and 15. Its easier to cross from the north, than it is from the south.

I did find that dominating the woods was easier from the south though. That happened at 3... ians lot owned it. This time, it was the tigers lol.

As for not noticing people Merry... Welcome to senny. If you wander around at night, looking like you dont care, nobody shoots at you (most of the time) they think its a dead player, or marshal. The entire tigers force just 'walked' from our CP, to yours to stack up ;)

Funniest part? In retrospect, me and the other marshals, standing out of the rain at 3am, discussing all the 'things' weve seen in empty buildings at night in the village, shadows, things moving, then discussing all the fatal accidents in the villiage... we scared the crap out of ourselves so much we barely wanted to patrol in less than twos!

Funniest part for me ... Sunday morning in Building 9, discussing pyro with some of the British tans.

Went like this

Unknown Tan "Yeah, there was all sort of pyro going on around building 13 last night"
    Despot "yeah ... some of that was us"
    Unknown Tan "what was going on"
    Despot "well the CP got hit up and we couldn't get command on comms, so we decided to create a distraction to draw some greens in to us - then the greens actually hit up building 13 so we started fecking pyro at them from our building for badness sake. We realised we had a metric feckton of pyro unused between the section and we were determined to use the bloody stuff"
    Unknown Tan "ha ha - that explains it! We were nearby and all we could hear was 'fizzle fizzle ... BANG ... he he he he' as you lot laughed like children blowing things up"
    Despot "Yip ... that was us"

In other news, despit my best efforts, I still ended up giving one of the Spartan lads the remains of my pyro - even with the pyrofest that was Building 9 yesterday morning I still ended up with a few grenades and a lot of smoke left. Typical noob overdoing it on pyro. Still ... huge fun pulling the ring out of a grenade then lobbing it down a stairwell or into the woods from an upper window.

I love how keen the Irish are to buy pyro and use it :D

Usually results in me and lem taking a box home after the event! Last time, we had so much, we brought some to CC4 :D (yes, you're contributing to lemming's deviancy with explody things)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Way too tired to gather my thoughts on this completely - I'm sure I'll be remembering new details for days to come. I want to say a massive thank you to my section first of all - my first time as a section commander and the lads made it a great experience - so big props to section 1-2 of the Tigers, you guys ****ing rock.
    Massive thanks to Firekitten and Lemming for charging from the CP to reinforce our line in the woods by building 5 - I had limped back to reload mags and you two guys jumped at the chance to come in and lend a hand. Thanks too to Chris who I think was there and another couple of guys who lent a hand at various stages. Sorry I can't remember everyone who helped out because **** got seriously hectic there for a couple of hours and after roughly 8 straight hours holding the line in the woods we were all pretty strung out and in the failing light all I could make out was shapes.
    There were a couple of stand out moments of the weekend for me. Holding the line in the woods was tough but damn was it rewarding.
    The movement from our CP to take the enemy CP was amazing. Thanks to Gar for letting me pick an element to lead that move - we moved like ****ing ninjas even if I do say so myself - Dave (Helo) was a great point man and even though we had some lads who were unfamiliar with playing at night they really stepped up and did things perfectly. I was first in to the garden of building 22 and as I was directing our lads in to position three CDF players walked within ten feet of me and they had no idea we were there. It felt really bad ass.
    Loads more stand out moments but my brain simply isn't working well enough to articulate them properly right now. Last few minutes of the game were fantastic as always - the amount of pyro going off was out of control. I don't know how I didn't go deaf. I had to leave the game at 11 for 15 minutes to pack my things so we could leave in time for our ferry (it was also the first break i had gotten since 3.30 am) and I ran back in to the game with 30 minutes to go already changed back in to my civvies (lucky for me my civvies are generally ODs anyway) and **** was just beginning to hit the fan. When I saw Paps leave the CP I knew that if I stuck by him I would be in the **** soon enough and damn was I right.
    Massive thank you to Ian and everyone else who made the weekend happen - I can't wait for the next one. I'd get up and do it all again right now if anyone would let me.

SHUT UP FOOL YOU AINT HURT

100_0005.JPG

• Advertisement

Got back home at lunch, got about 6 hours to sleep and know just started my shift at work. Dead on my feet at this point the rest of the night is going to be interest roll on 8am !! but i would do it all again tomorrow!

Yeah you would because you spent the weekend with your feet up in the CP!
    Not slogging it through the rain, the wind, the hails of bbs like us valiant troops!

Medics lead the way! (to the CCS)

Can't believe it'll be April before I can do this again.
    It's gonna be a long wait...

For those whose eyes still hurt from the idiot with the giant flashlight (yay! boo!) and asked about the make, it's an Elektro-Lumens Firesword IV - http://elektrolumens.com/FireSword/FireSword-IV.html - I'd say the numpty up in the top of Building 6 around 4am is still crying over his ruined NVG :-)

heh, that boy got a big suprise when building 5 went quiet around 10pm... me and the Tigers watched them playing thier spotlights across the building trying to work out why we werent shooting back anymore. Little did they know we'd already bugged out 20 minutes ago, and were lying up outside 18, ready to bash thier guys attacking our CP :P

Big powerful torches limit you severely at night... its ninja skills that win out over lumens :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement