Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[TA Events] Chernarus Conflict pt 4, 10-11 September 2011, Sennybridge

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

well guys another one under the belt, its refreshing to play against and withsome very skilled players.

i have never pushed so hard in an airsoft event, we camped last time it wasent bad but this time we decided to give the barn a go. it had its ups and downs. upside it wasent windy and wet , downside it was as noisy as fuk . the rifles aka swampy dident know how to sleep .
    oh and sorry firekitten and co for all the farting and snoring during the night.
    but hey thats war. also i wont mention that you love the snooooze button on yer phone.:rolleyes: or maybe it was txts or calles? we fought hard eat great and slept well.
    at the last ten before end ex some one was holding building nine so we said fuk this lets have another go. i left the aeg behind at cp and ran like fuk at the gable just a few seconds before the frag left me hand i got nailed good and propper, i hit the deck when i tried to put the brakes on but it looked good for effect. so who ever was in the cp side of 9 if that frag killed ye it shouldent have, i got hit before it left me hand.
    however as always there were a few bullet proof warriors on both sides from what i heard but thats airsoft for ye. I personally had no issues at all with the cheds taking their hits and i know my section extended the same curtosy of fair play.

great event great players and comradery between both factions .

2-2 out.;) cdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I'll let you off for the farting, but atleast my phone had me up before 11am sunday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Firekitten wrote: »
    I'll let you off for the farting, but atleast my phone had me up before 11am sunday ;)

That was me Farting:rolleyes:!!! it was all that Home Cooking, Robbie was Making:D

That explains a lot. Did they bottle that for the chemical weapons?

That explains a lot. Did they bottle that for the chemical weapons?

Correct They Did, Sure Ian Set it off at the End of the Game LOL

we only stood down @ 6am till 10.00 we overslept:rolleyes:

Ratsquad wrote: »
    we only stood down @ 6am till 10.00 we overslept:rolleyes:

Correction We Were Resting;), after Multipliable Missions, During the Night

How come I saw all of ye in bed when i got in from marshaling at 4 ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

at the last ten before end ex some one was holding building nine so we said fuk this lets have another go. i left the aeg behind at cp and ran like fuk at the gable just a few seconds before the frag left me hand i got nailed good and propper, i hit the deck when i tried to put the brakes on but it looked good for effect. so who ever was in the cp side of 9 if that frag killed ye it shouldent have, i got hit before it left me hand.

Was in the building as the time.. I scarpered upstairs when I saw the kamikaze runner leaving our poor FSG in the room....Was it also one of of yer fellas who chucked the grenade up the stairs and out the back window?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

http://www.sector6.co.uk/store/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=10070

Images from the event are up. Thank you to Carl for another great set of images. Will be picking up a set myself.

• Advertisement

Was in the building as the time.. I scarpered upstairs when I saw the kamikaze runner leaving our poor FSG in the room....Was it also one of of yer fellas who chucked the grenade up the stairs and out the back window?:P

Yes it was Pal!!! Lucky Shot LOL:D

That was an Jedi Mind Trick," There aren't the CDF your looking for":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Salaas

I found it funny during the night game that 5 of us held two buildings and made a big group of CDF think there was a ton of us and they threw guys at us to no avail for ages.
    Also was expecting to be hit hard at one point when there was only our goup holding one building and another small group holding another building while the rest of the chedaki were asleep. But we held the lines waiting for the Tigers to wake up from their rest and come back out to reinforce.

Any idea of the results?

No idea of the result, Ian will release them in time when hes had chance to collate information. I think it was far closer than the other games, far far closer... the Chedaki spent much of saturday on the back foot, as it was designed, and the CDF dominated, on sunday, it was far far more equal, and we did in the end, suceed in a number of out objectives, and stop the CDF gaining thiers... its anyone's guess.

All I can say, is I'm extremely proud of everyone's effort, and the sportsmahship shown (a few idiots aside). Which ever team wins, and whichever team loses, both fought valiantly, and should be proud of thier effort.

No idea of the result, Ian will release them in time when hes had chance to collate information. I think it was far closer than the other games, far far closer... the Chedaki spent much of saturday on the back foot, as it was designed, and the CDF dominated, on sunday, it was far far more equal, and we did in the end, suceed in a number of out objectives, and stop the CDF gaining thiers... its anyone's guess.

All I can say, is I'm extremely proud of everyone's effort, and the sportsmahship shown (a few idiots aside). Which ever team wins, and whichever team loses, both fought valiantly, and should be proud of thier effort.

Have to Agree With FK, Its Very Close:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Close it may have been, but epic it certainly was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Good event, probably my favorite so far,

Bollox.....raging I missed it, job needed all hands on deck Friday and support availability over the weekend : /

O well roll on next year :)

they were decoys we made to fool the opfor into thinkin we were bunkin down.....:rolleyes:
    really jaysus i cant remember when we got the head down but it wasent for long.

dunno tbh i just remember running like fuk and then getting shot a second before the frag left me hand i hit the deck aswell.

• Advertisement

Close it may have been, but epic it certainly was.
    i know how yer feelin i was buzzin for ages after my first trip, and it raised the bar on airsoft from then on in, sunday skirmishes are never the same.
    the closest i can get to senny is bellurgan two brill players running it.

(:rolleyes:chedakis )

TheDoc wrote: »
    Bollox.....raging I missed it, job needed all hands on deck Friday and support availability over the weekend : /

O well roll on next year :)
    copehill april?...mmmmmmmm

i know how yer feelin i was buzzin for ages after my first trip, and it raised the bar on airsoft from then on in, sunday skirmishes are never the same.
    the closest i can get to senny is bellurgan two brill players running it.

(:rolleyes:chedakis )

Sneaky Knifing Killing Northy's LOL;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Thanks again guys for coming over and helping to make the event as good as it was.

The picture of the event needs to go to Connor...one excellent jump across the fence!

The best team of the event has to go to the Tigers, with Cork Airsoft closely following.

But as usual, every one of the Irish players did us proud and contributely greatly to the success of the game. Its always a pleasure to have you guys there.

Next game as you know is Copehill. I am working on getting a date for Swynnerton for later in the year before ending 2012 with a game at Senny.

Thanks once more and I look forward to seeing you across 2012.

All the best,

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Fantastic weekend as always. Thank you Ian and all your team for making it so.
    Looking forward to the next. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

wormbyte wrote: »
    The picture of the event needs to go to Connor...one excellent jump across the fence!
    Ian

Cheers Ian...but I think I look like a flying brick tbh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

all i can see in your face ronoc is 'ow sht ow **** ow ****, this seemed like a good idea....'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Hahaha! Cheers, to be honest the thoughts running my head was I'm gonna get stitched, I'm gonna get stitched, this is gonna hhuurrtt!!

Conor's combat riverdance goes wrong when Michael Flatley tries to usurp his competition by adding a fence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

End-game/campaign debrief is up here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Surely, as ever, airsoft won ... or something.
    Great read all the same - I'm sure it'll be weeks before I stop thinking about the weekend at dull moments!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Betty Blue wrote: »
    Sneaky Knifing Killing Northy's LOL;)

The highlight of the event for me! ;)

That was one hell of a game! Got to use an airsoft pyro mortar which was a new/epic experience. Pity our last round direct hit on a building was not allowed after all our cheering... :)

Going stealth during the night to steal the chemical compounds from building 13 was excellent. Just myself and Paul with a ****ty NV unit. Stalked the building for a good 20 minutes trying to listen and determine the number of defenders inside and how the two of us were going to pull it off. Was going through the motions in my head then about 7 CDF just walked out of the building probably looking for a fight. In we slipped and fumbled around in the dark trying to hide all the cans of glowing chemicals like giddy school kids. Got everything together and high tailed it as quick as we could back over to our lines.

Moving in force with the Tigers was great in the woods on the Sunday too. Seen one of the lads get a pyro grenade go off literally in his face and it all got mental for a few minutes. But as far as I know after wiping off the dust and some coughing, water and 'tiger balm' he was back in the fight.

Cheers also to Lemming, Puding, Paps, Conor, Vintz, Gar and all other Chedaki command elements and people who took over the CP and kept the battle coordinated as best they could.

Roll on copehill...

Advertisement