Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas fares question

Options
  • 17-05-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Quick question guys... If I buy a return ticket from Jervis - Housten - Jervis... and I get off at one of the stops, then get back on to continue my journey... is my ticket still valid?

I've checked the site and there is no hop on hop off mentioned in the return ticket, but there doesnt seem to be a "day ticket" option apart from one that covers all zones. Also.. no reply from luas customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm pretty sure that Luas tickets are valid for the day. So hopping on and off is possible as long as you reach your destination on the same day that you buy the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I think that technically your outbound journey has to be completed within 90 minutes of purchasing the ticket and your return journey before the last tram that day.

However since your stops are both in the same zone they have no way of telling which direction within that zone your initial journey was so you can hop on and off as many times as you like until a ticket inspector punches your ticket.

If it's after the 90 minute initial period you could well be on the return trip. However if they check your ticket and punch it obviously you have to buy a new one.

Disclaimer: I'm not encouraging this behaviour yada yada etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

The first trip has to be completed within 90 minutes from time of issue. Whether you do it in one go or not is up to you unless the ticket gets checked when you're on your "early hops" (i.e. that hop doesn't get you to your destination), in which case you'd need to get another single to cover the remainder. Same for the return journey but no 90 minute limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Right so once I make it to Houston within 90 mins of ticket purchase I can take as long as I like on the way back?

Sorry if I'm labouring the point but the post was kinda confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Skinfull wrote: »
    Right so once I make it to Houston within 90 mins of ticket purchase I can take as long as I like on the way back?

Sorry about that.

Yes - make it to Hueston in the 90 minutes and you can take as long as you want on the way back. But if your ticket gets checked and punched on the way back you can't station hop any more and have to complete the journey on that tram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 oncebitten

Skinfull wrote: »

This is correct!

Advertisement