Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTI

Options
  • 17-05-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I tried looking on education forum for a GTI spot but couldn't find it .

I'm just wondering if anybody knows or know anyone who is attending the GTI..How much is registration fees??
    I have an interview next monday but just wondering how much i would need to save if i ever did get a place..
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The interviews are early this year! Iirc they're usually not til August.

Most courses have a €250 registration fee, and some courses have materials fees too. If you check out the GTI website all the info should be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yep I have friends that did the business course so it is only in the hundreds not thousands.

The amount you'd need to save would depend where you're living.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Thanks a million!Thats a great help!Trying to save like mad for a place down there now and move! So excited :)

Best of luck to ya magztar

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

I went to GTI two years ago doing a Business Admin course. It's quite enjoyable and if you are keen and proactive you'll be loved by the staff who are fantastic!

I've moved on to study a Honours Marketing Degree in a university in Scotland, so it's quite good in opening doors!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lilygirl

Loving GTI life ! Very Enjoyable !

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Anyone heard back from the end of may interviews?

Im still waiting :(

elvis99 wrote: »
    Anyone heard back from the end of may interviews?

Im still waiting :(
    Yep. Got accepted.

What did you do the interview for?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

hi there
    im not 100% sure but i think the fees this year could be increased for gti

Yep. Got accepted.

What did you do the interview for?

I went for the Level 6 Security operations and administration, I mailed them this morning, said that they be informing people shortly. Well done on getting in, what you get in too?

• Advertisement

I got accepted last tuesday!Got my registration fee giro aswell,Was 255.oo but i remember the lady in the interview saying theirs another service student charge coming into effect sept and that was another 200euro,Have it tucked away safely in bank just in case :) So excited now moving lock stock and barrel to galway now on friday :)

magztar wrote: »
    I got accepted last tuesday!Got my registration fee giro aswell,Was 255.oo but i remember the lady in the interview saying theirs another service student charge coming into effect sept and that was another 200euro,Have it tucked away safely in bank just in case :) So excited now moving lock stock and barrel to galway now on friday :)

Jesus, bit steep that. I don't remember paying that much last year, is there any special equipment or that on your course??

Jesus, bit steep that. I don't remember paying that much last year, is there any special equipment or that on your course??

Is it?Im going for beauty so id say so,probaly to cover the kits and all that..Can i ask how much did you pay last year?

magztar wrote: »
    Is it?Im going for beauty so id say so,probaly to cover the kits and all that..Can i ask how much did you pay last year?

I think it was 255 only, but I heard that some of the hairdressing courses cost alot more due to equipment, etc

Even if the fee's have gone up a bit its still well worth going, found it great there last year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nce

The extra €200 fee is a levy on Further Ed. places imposed by the government. While GTI will have to collect it, the money will go to the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

have many people ever been turned down from gti? Just wondering didn't go there just a lot of friends have over the years and never heard of any rejections? Thought that these days it would be tougher with more people returning to education. Is the interview just to make sure you exist or something? (not trying to be funny.)

I was turned down back a while ago.

Sweat pants and interviews don't go together haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Are there interviews this month aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

I was turned down back a while ago.

Sweat pants and interviews don't go together haha :P

are you joking or serious?

Snacker wrote: »
    are you joking or serious?

Deadly serious. Wasn't bothered about it.

I have since grown up.. alot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Does anyone know when the closing date for applications is?

I only just submitted mine last week :o

I e-mailed regarding a query with my application and also asked when the closing date was and when interviews would be - got a response but they failed to answer the part of my e-mail pertaining to closing dates and interviews unfortunately.

Interviews start again on 25th of August according to Nce who posted in the other Gti thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347661

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Are GTI and GCC the same level? Know of a girl who was rejected by GCC and then taken on by GTI so wondering is it tougher to get into one than the other? There seems not to be much of an overlap of courses though. Just looking online and educating myself, still a year to go til college all ahead of me!

Snacker wrote: »
    have many people ever been turned down from gti? Just wondering didn't go there just a lot of friends have over the years and never heard of any rejections? Thought that these days it would be tougher with more people returning to education. Is the interview just to make sure you exist or something? (not trying to be funny.)

I was turned down last year, was told in the interview that there were only 20 places and nearly 200 applicants. I know a few people who've been turned down for the more popular courses.

I'd say a load of people will be turned down this year. They seem to have had loads of applicants and with the new interview system I'd say most people who applied after May 10th and missed the first round probably won't get places, especially in the popular courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

Can anyone who's been to an interview for GTI tell me how long it was/what kind of questions were asked?

I've had two interviews there. They've both been around 10-15 minutes long. I was only really asked questions about the course, things like;
    Why are interested in this course?
    Have you any prior experience in the area?
    What are you planning to do afterwards?
    What have you been doing over the past few years, have you been working or in college?
    Are you eligible for a grant? If not how do you plan to pay for course materials?

For one of my interviews I'd brought in a portfolio too, so I was asked questions about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

Great, thanks.

Basically what moonflower said
    -Interests
    -Interest in course
    -Why you want to do the course
    -Why you feel you should get the course
    -What you've done recently
    -What you would like to do
    -Possibly accommodation should you get the course
    -Ability to pay your fees

About 10 minutes. Either one or two interviewers.

Advertisement